Developer Q&A 8/13-11/13

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrian, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes agree. I tought if it was possible to start increasing temp before sliding. Yes the carcase is heating while flexing but i mean more the tread under load while braking. The tire starts to heat up before loosing grip. Another factor is brake heat which adds to it.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

AFAIK it's 15?

3. 88mphTim

Thanks Adrian.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep 15

5. 88mphTim

Thanks. I don't tend to run many plugins except to see what you guys are using when you mention them. :) Thought it was 15s.

As said before, there are reasons for it, none that can be shared, and reasons that probably make it impossible to shorten.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

then please pass on the wish (by many) to delay the Race start by 15 seconds, ta :)

7. 88mphTim

Asked.

8. Adrian

Adrian Registered

How about allowing the plugin timer to run while the game is paused? Once initialised the plugins run even when the game is paused at the moment. So you could grid (in SP) pause the game until it was activated then unpause and let the race start.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well assuming it is for Cheat Prevention and stopping a plugin from doing X before a race.. How about lowering it for single player events. If I am doing setup and testing alone I shouldn't have to wait for my head movement plugin to reset and to get going properly every reset.

The ability to do single player setup edits on a tablet, smartphone or other networked PC so that resets aren't needed at all would be awesome btw.. It was on the wishlist back in the day.

10. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Any news on the front tires of the Brabham, are they the right size and if not im guessing that they will change when the car is updated for the new physics features like the chassis flex ?

11. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hello,

do you plan to revert back the list behaviour in the dedicated server? As since Build 291 this list do not behave as before it was : taking automatically the right profile corresponding to the server in the list.

Now we must create shortcuts to the dedi.exe specifying the right profile.

Also, in the dedicated server, some parameters can be set through the interface. Some not, like the network ports.

Can be really cool to set simulation port & http port (also an option like enable/disable http) through the interface instead of editing the multiplayer profiles by hand.

There are so many parameters which can be set by hand but not through the interface, making server admin really difficult for non sysadmin people.

Thanks & keep the hard good work :)

A linux port of this dedicated server can be really nice.

12. coops

coops Banned

To Joe will the work on triple setup also include work on the multiview in the way of helping with FPS ?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Any plans to reintroduce +connect by IP? Bit of a pain when the matchmaker's down... server isn't paying for itself, unfortunately.

14. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Any plans for more detailed damage information to be displayed in game, such as which specific components are suffering damage?

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

16. Bart S

Bart S Member

How is it I dont have a problem with delay through my Trackir plugin?
    Perhaps if we submit a plugin to ISI to verify they can enable it at an earlier stage?
    Perhaps we can make a generalised uniform data output plugin that we can all agree on that ISI can verify pass and activate.
    for a mo-sim all I need is g-Force, pitch, roll and yaw exported to another program or file, please help.

I'm with Adrian on this, it sure makes a mo-sim into a no-sim, cant imagine going down to turn one heavy braking and a full tilt corner, total race killer.

17. 88mphTim

We include that plugin and know what it does. We can't verify every plugin, no.

As I've already said, why put yourself in a situation where that can happen? You know how long the delay is. And offline you don't need to be affected by it at all.

18. Skynet

Skynet Registered

My question for the Developers is : Have they read the 2011 article by Leo Bodnar entitled "Why Force Feedback in computer simulations does not work" and if they have read it what do they think of the problems Leo highlights and solutions he proposes? Are they considering changing how FFB is dealt with in future?

The Article:

http://www.racesimonline.com/articu...back_In_Computer_Simulators_Does_Not_Work.pdf

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  19. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

That was a great read. thanks for posting this, I am also very interested in the question and ISI's answer. Rf2 has great FFB but there is clearly much more room for improvement in FFB with all sims.

20. petersmith

petersmith Registered

Can we expect a Linux port later?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.