[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

To give an idea of the work involved in this track, I mean, how much com8 and whoever else worked with him.. crazy if he did this himself tho...

Check out belgium in 3dsimed here:

View attachment 9293

And nords here:

View attachment 9294

Now.. there is only 6km more to the track, but look how much scenery around the track is included with nord. Its just so darn huge!!

I'm not saying ISI did a worse or better job.. not even comparing actually.

I'm only saying that com8 did a once in a lifetime job with this, and gave it to us. It would have been a shame to have this stop where it started, in rFactor 1 :) rF2 really does justice to this track!

And the zoom view is so far, moving around the track like I do to swap materials and stuff take ages to do a lap :) But its fun nonetheless!

I learned a few days ago by reading history on nords than its been made in 1926... actually it explains why the track is so dangerous :) Happy that it still exists today!

2. prsmcarty

prsmcarty Registered

just wanted to say how awesome this track is and how appreciative myself and mates are that you have taken this on. We have had some of the best races since we started playing rf2 on your conversion. Keep it up mate, your track has convinced 2 of my mates to buy rf2 just to race it. Excellent work. :)

3. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi pleclair,

comm8 did an amazing job on this track and it's really great to have it in rf2.

Check your pm for the link to the tree textures.

I'd also love the gp circuit added, with the people and coarse workers around the whole track.

nice work,

cheers,

Sean

4. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Thanks pleclair, I really appreciate that! :) Great stuff :D

5. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

When it's possible to start the timing without run one full lap then it's better to move the finish line to old pits.

In your later versions can you add this feature if it's possible (not run a full lap to start the timing) ---> run pit out, run around the gp course (no turn to Nordschleife) but the direct way to start/finish to start the timing..

Thanks for your support here ;)

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Pleclair mate, this is awesome XD
    Finally got a chance to try it out just now, and I've only got a few laps in with the Megane, but it is already great fun :D
    Whats more I have the Camaro to try out for the first time too...oh how I've missed you rF2 lol

Keep up the great work man, loving those night screenshots

Talking about DDR2 RAM, I do have some here, but it is 4GB in 1GB sticks, so not what you are after. Also, I have no idea if it is still working after all this time XD

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yesterday I was driving beside the road in the trees and I noticed every tree behaves the same, if you come near they "take a bow". :)

I did the same in ISI's Brianza and there the billboard trees only rotate around one axis, while in Nords all trees rotate around more axis.

I'm all for swapping the near track trees with 3D versions later. I'm driving using the Oculus Rift (high FOV, stereoscopic 3D with head tracker) and there every near billboard tree behaves and looks very funny, same for Brianza. You immediately see that trees are rotating billboards. I guess same applies for 3 monitor setups with headtracking (and immediately noticeable in stereoscopic 3D).

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Re: [WIP] Nordschleife Tourist

I also have a strange feeling with BB trees. They for sure have some advantages and disadvantages wrt to X trees or 3d trees. I would say that BB might be more resource friendly since they are simpler but when getting to a side angle something weird seem to happen.

I am particularly interested in the reported feeling with oculus since it is bond to be the future way simracing will be enjoyed and it would be a shame that all the content created today might provide a poor experience with it in the near future.

I have looked at several ISI track objects and it is surprisingly high the number of faces they have. Some gmts (silverstone grandstands) are over 3 MB without textures. Window frames and small details are modelled as well in Lime Rock buildings although it would be really difficult to tell the difference if they werent. It is unbalanced for me to have such a detailed object for distant objects and just a plane for a tree that is quite close to the road.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

9. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

10. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Yes, because it is very difficult to refuel, we had used the version that includes the F1 circuit,because the boxes are available.

Babs:)

11. Timallen

Timallen Registered

wow, these updates looks soo great, your work is fantastic :)

12. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

Thanks Pleclair for all your work/wip!
    enthusiasm!

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

The Green Hell is ~ 50km far away from my residence. Should i mentioun that i meet the track not often in my life because its just to expensive to drive it with the own car but i did and its just the Mother of all tracks on the whole planet.

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Awesome work m8

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh wow :) You're a lucky man!

Curious, how much is it to run around it? Is it a per lap fee or it is a set time? Cause even 1hr is way too little to start enjoying this!

And did you had a lap time calculated the time you were there? How did it looked? Probably havent pushed nearly as hard as in a game, so probably in the 12-15mins range?

Getting a bit OT, but it turns out I really dig the track, and like every bits of infos about it I can have!

16. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Hey man I unpacked v 0.80 to see if i could solve the complete lap before it starts timing issue In your SCN you need it to read like this

Instance=XFINISH
    {
    Render=False
    MeshFile=XFINISH.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
    }
    Instance=XPITOUT
    {
    Render=False
    MeshFile=XPITOUT.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,PITSTOP
    }
    Instance=XPITIN
    {
    Render=False
    MeshFile=XPITIN.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,PITSTOP
    }
    Instance=xsector1
    {
    Render=False
    MeshFile=xsector1.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
    Render=False
    MeshFile=xsector3.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
    }
    Instance=xsector2
    {
    Render=False
    MeshFile=xsector2.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
    Render=False
    MeshFile=xsector4.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
    Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
    }

I did this repacked tested and straight away it started timing my outlap

that'll Make some folks happy ;)

And do you know how to explode objects in 3dsimed?

keep up the great work

Just remember to go threw the right hand side gate

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If the GP conversion is correct (working startlights etc on modern track) then I think it works the same in rf1 where you do one GP-lap and return to the GP start/finish using the pitlane entry-area and just before pit-entry enter GP track again.

So if lucky the 'shortcut' for 24H will still be there.

That would also solve the pitbox-issue?
    Because the currently the track wont be ideal for league/endurance racing as there are not enough pitboxes to cater for a full grid.

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The two shot were made with hdr disabled. Without hdr it is much brighter at night.

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

That was some good reading, thank you!

So, the layout we have is the 1983 one... I see!

Well, if you have the update to it, send it to me thru pm, and I'll see if I can do it or not.

Now that I see why, I'm all to give it a try. In the case that I cannot find a way to do it now, that doesnt mean I wont be trying again later tho!

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

[​IMG]