Anyone tried iVibe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cosimo, Jul 13, 2013.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I mean this product, iVibe ( http://www.ivibe.com/index.php?page=interactive )

It's meant to give tactile feedback, presumably installed in a seat?

If you tried it with RF2, do you like it? Would you recommend it?

How is the installation? Does it go inside the seat?

Is it different from, say, a buttkicker?

Thanks!

2. clockit

clockit Registered

Been using one for years. It's an awesome piece of kit, can't drive without it!
    As standard, it comes as a seat cover with the motors inside. I've fitted the motors inside my car seat.
    It gets its info from the game directly via a plugin so it's almost plug and play. Buttkicker doesn't come close.

3. elbo

elbo Registered

I've had one for years as well. Very high quality build. Like clockit, I can't stand driving without it anymore. Works very well with rf2. Installation is simple, you get a seat cushion that you can simply lay on top of any existing chair and away you go. It is miles ahead of what simple base vibrators like buttkicker can do. You feel vibes move from your back to your legs when you brake and from your legs to your back under acceleration, you feel bumps and curbs...can't say enough good about it.
    Unfortunately it is manufactured by basically a one man outfit and he seems to have had trouble of late delivering the product. He's also been a little weak on the 'communications and costumer care' side of things (then again if you are an ISI costumer you are probable already used to being treated a little shabbily as far as these are concerned).
    If you can get a hold of one you won't be disappointed.

4. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Any chance you could post a picture of it with/without seat?

5. clockit

clockit Registered

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I went for 2 BKG2 and SimVibe and it's great! does this ivibe give the same ffb?!

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

8. elbo

elbo Registered

9. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Nice, it is definitely bigger than I imagined.
    Isn't that a problem in long sessions? Like hurts your back or modifies your position in the seat a bit too much?

Just wondering...

Thanks though.

10. elbo

elbo Registered

Well I suppose that if you cranked everything up to 100% and then ran a 3 hour race you might walk away with a bit of a sore back but given that all force feedback is scaleable it is not a concern, at least it has never happened to me. Over the years I have put the cushion on several types of chairs and have never had any problems with it shifting around. It comes with some good Velcro straps to anchor it in place.

11. wollo

wollo Registered

Have you guys received your upgrade to TFS3 then?, I'm still waiting for mine. I've had my unit since 2004 so I'm not complaining. I'm having to use the universal plugin right now and that is just not as good as a proper plugin. I've mounted my motors in a bucket seat and it's top notch!

12. clockit

clockit Registered

I've got an early TFS3, no labels and a bug in the flash version handler (won't auto update). I was told 2 years ago that another unit was on its way, but it never arrived. Still waiting patiently. The thing is awesome, I just hope Craig and Rob can overcome all their difficulties and finally get it in production properly.

13. elbo

elbo Registered

I got the same upgrade as clockit. It is unfortunate that Craig can't seem to keep up with his costumers because the product is fantastic.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Am I confusing IVibe with something else, possibly simvibe? Whats the one where you buy your own transducers, but then you buy the software from whoever, and that software outputs physics to the transducers, instead of just bass? The complete set is I think 6 or 8 transducers, but you can purchase/use the physics outputting software for less than that.... Am i thinking about SimVibe?

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, what you mean is simvibe: http://simxperience.com/Products/SimVibe.aspx

I'm very interested in simvibe and ivibe too. Did anyone here had the chance to feel both solutions?

16. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Would like to know the answer to this question too.

17. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Even though ivibe looks to have run it's race I'd still like to know any opinions on the matter.