Tripple screen improvements or not.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cracheur, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I know, this is not a new topic but the question remains unanswered to me.

@ISI. Are there any plans or even priorities given to tripple screen users?

(if anyhow possible let's, for once, avoid the recurring generic posts--- it's in constant development - they don't share this info etc.... we all know...

Thx

2. D34N0

D34N0 Registered

If you have a read through the release notes of builds (218 and 228), I would have to say yes, most definitely (which is great).

There have been lots of nice fixes in those 2 builds for Triple Screen and Multiview.

Like most software development companies (I work for one) I'm sure ISI has to balance their priorities and share the development focus around. Triple Screen and Multiview is certainly getting attention as you can see from what's happened to date. I'm sure there's more to come.

It might also help if you mention what it is exactly that you think is lacking right now, what you have issues with etc. Then your question could be more specifically answered.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/rfactor2-build-notes/#218

- Fixed problem where particles were mis-aligned across viewports in multiview
    - Fixed a problem where side views could become un-synced with center view in multiview
    - Improved monitor replay view in multiview
    - Fixed some overlay bugs in instant replay in multiview
    - Changed render order of side views in multiview to fix lagging problem
    - Fixed a bug causing inconsistent fog among channels in multiview
    - Fixed uncoordinated rain drops in multiview mode
    - Improvements to fullscreen showroom display in widescreen and multiview modes
    - Fix for multiview shadow error when tree wind is 0
    - Improved instant replay overlays in multiview mode
    - Fixed a bug when switching to a non-multiview res, where multiview was still being used
    - Fixed replays in multiview mode
    - Fix location of reflection map display in multiview mode
    - Fix for broken replay display in triple head mode.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/devscorner/rfactor2-build-notes/#228

- Fixed a problem with HDR bloom when running multiview
    - More tidying up of multiview replay

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Tripple screen improvements or not.

Nice progress on multi-screen support lately, yes. BUT still I would like to know if there is more to come for us triple monitor users. Optimizations? Multi-view will always be damn fps hungry, but couldn't it get a bit better? Like reduced detail level for side monitors etc etc

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

4. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Yes, not to beat a dead horse, but the FPS hit for multiview is astounding, compared to . . . that other simulator that shall not be named. I know, it's been said too many times before, but I really, really want this sim to work well. The physics of this sim are just phenomenal. I've re-discovered the Skippy, and man, I can't wait to get some online action with that car, but then when I hop in the other simulator, it looks so much better in multiview. I'm running an 1100T, 12g, and a 7970, and I have to crank everything way low to maintain a drivable FPS.. I would expect more from that. Am I wrong? I too ask, will there be further optimizations?

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I haven't looked much into triple head but have they added any options to adjust the physical angle of the multi-view cameras? So instead of a fixed 45° you can actually set the camera's to match your real life screens?

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Tripple screen improvements or not.

No there isn't, but I would like to know if ISI have any plans for this. If I recall correctly, AC has this option, or will have?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

7. coops

coops Banned

triple screen INFO from Tim or somebody from ISI would be nice as a lot more ppl using triple screens these days.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Now that is a nice option to think about even if the multi-view robs you of fps, at least it should look correct on your screens when running it :)

9. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I was actually refering mainly to performance and multiview options. The recent updates were mainly bug-fixes but not really improvements as such.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Back before we even started the beta I had made this..

[​IMG]

I am still waiting.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What info are you looking for, other than confirmation it is being worked on as seen in the first reply? This will continue.

12. Axly

Axly Registered

Fixed 45 degree angle? I'm pretty sure that rf2 draws the views depending on chosen fov, like i use now, 30 vfov/9*(16*3)=160 hfov (3 screens, quota 3*16 / 9. When i tried triple screens the first time i suppose i had about 270 degree hfov, and when i moved the screens in as Three sides of a box (90 degrees) it looked pretty accurate apart from corners. Then i still had screens' surfaces at a 90 degree angle to my view, so my head in the middle of the "box".

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I am talking about when you enable multi-view / sub-views.. Where you enable three separate camera views with no distortion/stretching..

Basically this.

Sub-Views Off
    [​IMG]
    Stretching, assuming strait across monitors.

Sub-Views On
    [​IMG]
    No stretching, Assuming 45° angled real life correction.

You can't adjust that in-game camera angle adjustment currently so you HAVE TO have your monitors at 45° angles for it to make sense and that is a pretty extreme angle.

Here is an example with Sub-Views on.

[​IMG]

14. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Those build notes seem like efforts to correct various "bugs". What is wanted by so many triple users is some indication that isi will be attacking the the huge fps hit and what your outlook is for success.

16. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

I am looking forward to the day when the league I'm in can switch to rF2, but with my current hardware (1100T, 12g, 7970,) I'll have to turn everything down, and rF2 will look worse than rF1! I can hotlap with medium settings, but when I throw an AI in there, the framerates drop significantly. I don't relish the idea of running with all low settings.

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Are you saying the frame rates don't provide smooth graphics? I am asking because my system with triple screens is able to at least provide smooth frame rates so that I can drive with everything at or near max. I am running the AMD 1090T, 16Gb ram and a single 6950.

18. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

i'm most interested in UI scaling so that if we use bezel correction in the nVidia driver, then we can scale the UI so that some of it isn't behind the bezel :)

iRacing does this by a setting called "interface zoom" ... i have mine set to 70% and all UI things are away from the bezel.

19. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

How many AI are you running? Tomorrow I'll fire up the sim and get you some more detailed info.

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I have typically run with 20+ AI and setting the visible cars to 30+.