Simresults.net - a webbased result reader & PHP library

Discussion in 'Other' started by mauserrifle, Jun 2, 2013.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

When checking which assists people are using... What does unknown control mean ?

2. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

It supports 5.3 and above. So yes the library can be put online. But keep in mind that it's only a library, no implementation like the website simresults.net. That part (tables and graphs) isn't available in the code. Might be in future maybe, but no plans for it yet.

Thanks for info! Sounds like a useful analyze. I could implement in simresults.net if want and got useful examples.

Sometimes rFactor reports unknown control. So aids not saved properly to results. Means the result is bugged.

3. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

Thank's for reply mauserrifle

I have some basic PHP but use a library, it requires too much knowledge for me.

4. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ok. Ye currently the project is mainly for people who would to make some sort of portal like simresults.net within their own league. It requires coding knowledge. I might release it as a standalone webbased project someday. But no plans for that yet as this is only a try-out to see what works best for people.

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Currently someone is uploading something that results in errors. Because I do not save the files before they're actually are readable by the parser, I don't have them. Report yourself and I'll fix :cool:

6. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Library has been updated to version v0.2.4. Small update for an issue someone had with a log file. The file contained weird character encoding and an invalid character at the end of the file. Not sure whether this was a human error (file edited somehow), but anyway made sure implementing a detection and fix for it for any possible future issues.

Oh by the way. That log file was from Game Stock Car 2012. Both 2012 and 2013 parse without any issues too! Though they are reported as rFactor 2. I will try to find anything to detect these logs, but might not be possible as it's all 'rFactor'.

7. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Library has been updated to version v0.2.5. I merged compound info into the stable library.

Not really rFactor related, but simresults supports Assetto Corsa too now. Worth noting :D It is in separated develop branch and not yet part of the library. Simresults.net uses it though.

8. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I see that ISI changed the compound info in the log files. They are now reported as human readable format instead of a number (0 - x). Good :)

I did an update this evening to simresults.net, mainly just for Assetto Corsa if anyone is interested (http://simresults.net/140117-5ac). It's part of separate AC branch on github.

9. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Small update again, it's now possible to discuss within the results through disqus!

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

nice :)

11. Scofield

Scofield Registered

I have a problem.

Please select atleast one file
    Could not process your request

To upload a new result, please go to the homepage http://simresults.net/

any solution?

EDIT: Solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  12. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Did you just forget to select files or is there an other way to cause this? If it's a bug, please report how to reproduce :) Thanks!

13. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Both library and website have been updated. It's now possible to see which incidents are worth reviewing. It's based on Noel Hibbard's idea some posts back.

See for an example the incidents list of Race 2 @ http://simresults.net/140119-cm4

Have fun!

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

cool idea :)

15. RJames

RJames Registered

Is it at all possible to be able to save as CSV a result once saved to simresults?

E.g. Upload log file to Simresults, then have a export CSV option of which you could say select what columns you want to export and it would export as a CSV file?

I just like to keep a local copy in spreadsheets of all results for a league of which i have extra calculations going on etc and it's quite long winded having to manually copy paste the data for each event.

16. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Yes possible. Quite easy actually. Even though, wouldn't it be easier that the CSV would contain most information and you (as a user) remove any columns or swap them according to your need. That way I could build one export functionality without a GUI to select which columns. That could be hand work within a spreadsheet reader.

Please send me an example CSV how you would like simresults exports it.

17. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi Mauserrifle,

Many thanks for the reply, with regards to the CSV sure a single export would be just fine it's just a couple of columns that i would drop e.g I typically don't need the car or aids used or race info (time/laps etc). As I just use currently the drivers time, gap and total times etc but i'd be more than happy with a csv export of the whole thing (prob be best anyway for the wider group who may have different uses).

Its small things like total driving time of a whole season, average lap times over a whole season that i collect info for as it's quite a interesting way to look at who's improved most over a season, whos most consistent etc etc.

Rob

18. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Rob,

Sounds like a good and useful feature. I will start building later. I might have it finished today already as its just changing the templates by stripping out HTML. The CSV will contain all the information the HTML contains (except incidents, I will include only incidents worth reviewing).

Keep you posted :)

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

CSV export has been implemented. It is not part of the library itself, as the templates I use on the website are not open-sourced. They might be in the future.

See tab "Export CSV" next to tab "Discuss". Looking forward for any feedback Rob!

Have fun!!!

20. RJames

RJames Registered

As per the pm, Thank you so much works perfectly and makes a horrible process into a incredibly fast simply one.