Simresults.net - a webbased result reader & PHP library

Discussion in 'Other' started by mauserrifle, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thank you, mauserrifle!

2. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Thanks guys! :) I'm open for feedback if you like anything changed.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Really nice work with driver swaps :)

Have you yet came up with a solution to separate different classes in laps comparison so there wouldn't be so much brown?

4. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Thnx. Had to satisfy the endurance racers :)

No solution yet. I'll think about it soon whether this is fixable.

5. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

something not quite right there though My car (Stewart Forgie) did 6 driver swaps and not 4 as shown on the results.

6. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

You mean pits number? Ye can't help that, rFactor just reports the number of pitstops. And like many things in the log, it can happen that it is not correct :(

BUT I might be able to look at driver swaps too and adjust pit count :)

Thnx for reporting!

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

@killerwatt: In the meantime you can just look at the race laps and see the swaps happen there.

8. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Just did a new, quite important, update:

* Fixed formatting of times. For example 71.661 seconds resulted in 01:11.0661, which is incorrect and should be 01:11.6610. 71.0661 still correctly results in 01:11.0661. Issue reported by TIG_green
    * Best laps are only completed laps
    * Pitcounter is incremented to the number of swaps when it's lower than the actual swaps, fixes killerwatt reported issue

Have fun :)

9. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Little note to add, as this happend to me and Tig_green. But I also see it happen to the multiple results of the SimHQ Motorsports 2013 Sports Car Endurance Series race at Texas that was uploaded last night.

It can happen that a driver is completely missing from the results. This is not a bug in simresults. rFactor 2 produces very bad logs sometimes. If this happens, you must find a proper log file, by

* using your local folder, where another (duplicate) log file may be stored with the player included, or
    * asking your fellow drivers to supply their logs, there must be one valid

Be aware that you take a good look when finding the proper result. In my case I thought I had a better log where a driver wasn't missing, but it had an other player missing, which someone else noticed again. It's very frustrating!

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There's some pretty bad problems online with build 240. I think those missing players in log are because of that.

We have used Simresult for quite a while now and never noticed missing players before build 240.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Had a race at R2P server tonight

http://simresults.net/130714-OX8

In graphs, it seems that when dots are on names then the dots doesn't give any info as usual.

Could it be possible to move names so that they aren't inside the graph box?

nothing else to point out, still a great tool :)

12. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Hehe i already saw your result in the stats. You did a great job on that race :D

I will need to dig into that sometime. Currently very busy with work. Too tired when coming home. So I am very happy to see it so stable and being used by more people!

I'm also thinking about removing the dots for big results like http://simresults.net/130713-u7b. What do you think?

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I like the dots but maybe you are right, maybe it would be better to have just a line in big results. But can you implement different system to different race lenghts?

14. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye that's what I mean. I'll just find a lasted-laps value where I switch to non-dotted. It will be invisible dots, mouse still works on them :)

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

ok, sounds good.

16. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Put on a small update to fix broken graphs when a player had quotes in their name.

@Guy Moulton, your recent result works now ;)

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Hey thanks. I love your site and use it for online and offline results. Keep up the good work, we appreciate it :)

18. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Great tool, Used it last night in our League and everyone thought it was excellent. In fact we spent an hour after the race going through all the different stats and chatting away in Teamspeak about the various things, Normally most league racers in our league disconnect 10 mins after the race. Great work!
    I would like some way of inputting Scores from 1st down to 8th and then have an app generate a dynamic League table, is this possible with this tool, or is anyone working on something like ?

P.s Are you open to donations?

19. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Thanks for loving it ;)

Thanks! Sounds like a fun evening :) I'm glad you (and others) find it very useful.

Could you be more specific on the league table? What kind of scores you want to enter in, and what should be the result? If it's static info from an entire season, this tool aint designed for that. Simresults really parses result files to present them. A simple spreadsheet application to produce tables from entered data is out of the scope of this (I think). Unless you got some brilliant idea to make Simresults more useful for leagues :)

I am open to donations. That could cover my hosting costs. And it could motivate me to implement the other stuff I got on my TODO list. I've had insane amount of work in it, mainly because the log files of rFactor 2 are so inconsistent at times. I've taken a long break from it but kept watching all uploaded logs for bugs. I'll come back at you later regarding donations.

Things I got on TODO:

* No bullets for big endurance races in graphs
    * Include hours in gaps too with long endurance races
    * Fix mouseover over bullets in graphs when the legend (names) is overlapping it
    * Find a better way to mark 'Bad laps' as in endurance races you have different classes of cars
    * Possible to download a standalone .HTML file (though its already possible using the the browser -> save as).

For additions, anyone come with ideas so I could do a feature sprint soon.

20. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Donation URL (paypal)

I'll put it in OP too. Any donation will be used for either hosting or development. All improvements in the core will (always) remain opensource, thus available for everybody.

Again thanks all for your interest in this project. Best thing to hear as a developer :)

EXTRA:

The last 12h Sebring race of Sim HQ won't parse on simresults.net. My shared hosting has memory limits. It is a known problem as it happend to results of Noel too, I thought it only happend with major (rare) files so didn't upgrade due to financial reasons. But I expected this result to work, but apparently not due to the number of drivers. I will upgrade my simresults.net hosting soon, so these results will always parse in the future. A pain in the ass tho, as my current contract will go on till March 2014 :( I will probably get a VPS (freedom!). Hopefully I fixed this issue this month.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013