Review Request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccjcc81, May 29, 2013.

1. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Hey guys,

I have been interested in the T5 Series by Unitedracingdesign, but I can't find a review for it. Can anyone point me toward a review for this series? I would also be interested in hearing your opinions, if you've bought it, and if you have the time. For those of you who care to provide information, I'm mainly interested in realism, physics, FFB, and authenticity. Are the cars too easy, or do you think they accurately represent the real series? As far as realism, do they stack up with the ISI Corvette and Nissans? Don't get me wrong, I know they are a totally different class, with different aero and grip, but I just want to know if they are on par with ISI's offerings. I also know that opinions are totally subjective, but I want to hear as many as I can get.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I don't know if you will find any reviews on the T5 mod but I'm happy to post my opinions.

Firstly, the cars are modelled really well with plenty of detail and that includes the cockpit too. Easily as good, if not better, than ISI's cars. I've used the DTM 2012 skin pack with this mod and the cars look great when kitted out in the official liveries. The cars sound good too.

Most importantly, physics and handling - this is very subjective as you will often read criticisms of this mod driving like slot cars. Personally I feel these comments are unfair. DTM cars are all about downforce and are often compared to formula cars in the way that they handle and hold the road. In this respect this mod is very reflective of a purpose built, high-tech, high-downforce race car. The car does stick to the road at speed but can become more difficult to drive through low-speed corners as the aero grip falls. This is how it should be going by accounts from DTM drivers.

Very different to the Corvette, for instance, but still challenging in their own way. I can still get in a mess with the T5 cars when pushing too hard or not driving smoothly enough, particularly in those low speed turns.

The T5 cars are a lot of fun and very driveable. This mod is not perfect but is well supported by URD with another update due very soon.

I'd say it's worth the €10 price, which in the grand scheme of things is very little for something that will probably provide me with hundreds of hours of track time over the course of rF2. Of course, the subject of pay mods is very controversial and subjective, but each to their own.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Fanboy sales pitches for unofficial payware should not be in Main forum but in Vehicles forum.

No TIM I NOT MAKING RULES or TELLING ANYONE WHAT TO DO......... !

IT IS A OBSERVATION.............. ok !

4. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Thanks, I appreciate it.

5. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

thank you for your............GRAMMATICAL ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!.........!!..!!.!.!

if this THREAD is IN the WRONG.....PLACE isi will probably move IT SO DON'T HAVE A STROKE ABOUT IT

Anyone else who was about to give me the feedback I asked for, don't let this douche turn you off. Please proceed.

6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Opinion was requested, opinion was given. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

+1 on the "appreciate it" front.

7. Magzire

Magzire Registered

8. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

You haven't got any better since your last ban, have you?

I was just giving my impressions as requested. Have you played the mod? Feel free to offer your opinions.

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

my opinion in a nutshell:

Pros

- Models look good
    - Sounds are good (though it's hard to hear when you should change gear)
    - Damage model is ok
    - 3 different cars (not much difference in driveability though)
    - Close racing

Cons

- Hard to tell when you are on limit (don't feel the tyres)
    - Can't really feel lock-ups
    - Cockpit is little too dark to my taste (good detail though)
    - Weird low speed grip (not sure if it's real because I don't have any experience of the real car)
    - Hard to catch slide (again not sure if real)

There's an update coming so lets see how that changes things.

10. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

I've always been a bit of a nay sayer about DLC but I bought this mod anyway.
    I enjoy it, it looks and drives good to me (though I'm no expert about how it should feel to drive).
    Cockpit textures could be better or be in higher resolution in my view.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I agree with those criticisms, although some of the handling complaints I feel apply to ISI cars in general.

I believe the cockpit is being worked on so should look a little more detailed with the next update as I understand.

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi there, i got this mod a while back and never use it, i was disappointed not with the way they look or sound as thats done well, but with the way they drive its a grip fest, the physics are wrong imo to much downforce, to much grip. Good thing is Aless is working on a update right now so may be best if you wait to read reviews of the next version.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

You may not have liked DD`s reply but there`s no need for the name calling, you could have made your point without that...

14. LowRider

LowRider Registered

Did you ever see a DTM Car in real life in action`? Or did you ever sit in one? I have both, not driven by myself but as a front-seat passenger and i can tell you this cars have incredible lots of grip! They seems almost stick to the ground as long as they fast enough to establish the downforce from all this spoilers etc.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I've been to three DTM races at Brands Hatch - 2011/2012/2013 - and purely as a spectator it is clear how much downforce and grip these cars have. They are very planted and rarely slide through corners. I remember Audi claiming their car could drive on the ceiling once fast enough.

I don't think the T5 cars are that far off the mark. Not perfect like I said earlier, but to me they give a good sensation of what I feel a DTM would drive like.

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yes i know they are high downforce cars, but these dtm are way over the top. Even aless him self said this, The physics is not finished and it shows the way im trying to go, to offer fun and to simulate some racing experience.

17. zenrael

zenrael Registered

Love it. This is how moronic posts should be replied to. Good day to you sir! :D

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You're saying this is a sales pitch. The guy has been posting since Dec 2012 in various topics, and has posted similar threads about wheels, etc. The only difference with this thread, is your reaction to it. If he was asking about wheel reviews, like he has before, you'd think nothing of it. He doesn't match the IP of any other user, and his IP is his real Texas ISP. He's even said he was from there...

Your observation isn't based on fact. You're wrong. You are indeed telling people what you think they should do, again. Lighten up.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As could DD.

20. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Have you tried the demo? That way you can judge the physics and compare with ISI cars, I think you're own feel of it is more important. I say this mainly because opinions are quite devided if you ask me, I see a lot of people love it, or not impressed by it at all.(physics wise)

For me it was within 2 corners clear that it's a different experience compared with the ISI cars, it wasn't satisfying enough for me. I couldn't feel what the car was doing, what TIG discribes was sort of my first impression too, but haven't given it a real chance to be honest. That was for the simple reason that in my opinion the price doesn't match up for what you get, I would only pay 10 euro's if it would surpass what ISI released. That was in my opinion not the case. Opinions are quite different though.