brake feel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maxspeed, May 27, 2013.

1. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

Looking for a better feel in the braking zones...driving with g27,using the clutch pedal for brake. if I put my foot to the floor after hard braking
    you would think the tires should lock up ?
    Throttle Control="2"
    Brake Help="0"
    Antilock Brakes="0"
    Spin Recovery="0"
    Invulnerability="0"
    Autopit="0"
    Opposite Lock="0"
    Stability Control="1"

2. coops

coops Banned

brake as clutch is that for your left foot braking ? i ask as i was told a guy did this as he thought that was what left foot braking is. lol

maybe adjust your brake pressure and or your sensitivity.

3. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

Driving fr 3.5 1.43 braking pressure 100% sensitivity 100 all the way up too 200 . still no lock.

4. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

Nascar2003 has a better feel on the brakes then rf2 ,but I love this sim.:)

5. Minibull

Minibull Member

No lock? Wow...at all??

6. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Thats crazy your not getting brake lock, i sneeze on mine and it locks, lol

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Did you calibrate your pedal properly? You too nascar2112, logitech drivers tend to forget what the maximum throw is on the pedals do before you get into the car, depress all pedals fully in the control menu to be sure they are calibrated correctly :)

8. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Mine are fine after i adjusted it under the controls screen ingame, i have a big foot, that doesnt help, lol

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Stock g27 pedals don't help either ;) I usually have to set the brake pressure to somewhere between 90/95% because it is so easy to fully depress the brakes..

10. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Yeah, i set my sensitivity to 35% ingame, and use 80-85% brake pressure, works awesome now. Also using the clutch assembly as my gas pedal, just moved the whole housing, better throttle control now, lol

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sensitivity only gets you to 'full' faster, it doesn't increase it. It sounds like you're not actually hitting 100% with the pedal down, how do the graphs in the controller settings section (in game) look? Where it shows the position as you move the wheel around and press the pedals, it seems unlikely your brake pedal will actually be shown reaching full if you can't lock the brakes (so a calibration issue outside rFactor2 probably).

Like probably everyone else I find the brakes quite sensitive, no way I could use the clutch pedal on my G27 because I'd go straight to locking up with such little resistance (of course you could get used to it eventually, but I'm happy using the actual brake pedal :))

12. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

100% here and no block, and that's needed to do a FR3.5 45 minutes race with no pit stop losing only 1 second at the end :eek: practice is all.

But the problem is not if you push too hard the brake, de problem is "how", G25/G27 pedals have no resistance, and is hard to know how much you are pressing brake and how much are you "modulating" if you do not practice. But when you are used is not hard to do lots of laps not blocking. Pressing 100% of pedal brake during the begining of straight brakings, and the modulating while entering every turn.

I thought before in to do a video exaplining how to brake efficiently with 95%/100% of brake pressure with no blocking the tires and saving tires. With rF2 overlay and different cars/tracks. I think today can be a good moment :D with FR3.5, 370z, Skip Barber and Clio...

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  13. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+1000500 same for me - a little push (max 30% ) and they locks up

14. perplex

perplex Registered

would love to see that from a skilled driver like you are :) looking forward to see the videos and learn from them, dont forget to post your setups :p

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I'm only a "good driver", there are way better drivers, and I race when some really fast... I will do really soon that videos (some days), and maybe (for sure yes when I will finish my exams at university) I will do a recopilation of the fastest lap of every race of my league with the telemetry data in the screen and a linked setup after every race. The setup isn't sure because not all drivers share their setups even after race finished, if that driver don't want to share, I will ask the next faster one :D

I think that can be interesting. I'm sure some other drivers can show better times or are faster, but I will try to use the experience of a league :eek: can be great!

PS: I just say you are perplex! If i'm not wrong... have I saw you in simracing.es? I'm sure that yes,

16. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

move spring

I just moved the brake spring over to the clutch and weak clutch spring to the old brake ..works great

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, but are you actually getting full braking? If you slam the brakes on at full speed and keep it there until you come to a stop, you should definitely lock a brake or two...

18. maxspeed

maxspeed Registered

at full speed then slam slam the brake pedal down ... no lock lock:confused:
    it slows and come to a stop ,but it like a numb feel ,no locking point.
    yes iam getting full brake but without lockup.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

This is why you can't lock your wheels, turn it off :p

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

And now we wait for "holy crap, these cars lock up way too much!"
    XD