Announcing Indy 500 Licensing for rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 24, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In English it it called the draft, and in rF2 it is excellent. When you race the WCR 60's cars at Brianza 10k it is like a demonstration of rF2 drafting.

2. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

How's the FFB on that one? Good physics?

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

It's rF2 gold release, you fool! Can't you see it?! xD

(Couldn't resist :D)

Great job with licenses. :)

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

At least the stadium is full, so must have been a good year for competition :)

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Good news regarding this license. I'm not really into oval racing or any of the cars listed but this is good for rf2 all the same.

The Indy Road course is what I'm looking forward to out of this.

6. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Great news! How about a Lotus 56 and a Lotus 64? These would be a great addition. So would a NOVI!

7. Rik

Rik Registered

Good news! Thanks for this.

8. DocJones

DocJones Registered

:)

9. FatCity

FatCity Registered

ha ha ha I just" ahem" got this the other day, I was trying to do some 67 68 era skins for the eve and brabham, but now I can wait for the eagle template.
    I couldnt for the life of me think why, with all the Gurney eagle mods over the years, why there wasnt an Indy version. No need to wonder now..............just a Lotus turbine car next please :p

10. mittenes

mittenes Registered

Hi Tim. You said some months ago taht you were trying to deal with Porsche. Any result ?

11. willpinataman

willpinataman Registered

Is this just the oval configuration of the cars or the road ones too? For example I think the modern indy cars have 2 aero kits 1 for ovals 1 for road courses? Correct me if I'm wrong.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

Super excited about the March. The late 80's and early 90's were the most exciting period for IndyCar racing and there is no representation at all for them currently. Well done, Tim, and well done ISI.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

This question was answered by Tim a little further up the list, read back in the thread a little and you will find it :)

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

How about Indy Lights? :D

15. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

lol why would they bother to licence a dead championship (less than 10 cars these days) ? They have F2 for that anyway :|

16. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Another question for Tim: will the Eagles feature all 4 engines? Turbo offy, Ford quad cam, quad cam turbo, and stock block? Now that would be pretty awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  17. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Hi Tim and ISI, I want to extend a big congratulations and thanks for this exciting announcement! This is BIG news, especially for the open wheel rFactor-ites. I can't say I'm a fan of the DW-12, -love the front half but the 'hips' are gag-worthy-, but I'm pretty sure I'll take a greater interest in it as I take it for a spin at Mills. I hope the DW-12 in rFactor will in turn rekindle some love for the Indycar series as well.

Of course, I'm drooling over the 1995 Reynard, however, what also served as a big hook was the 1986 March. Do you think we'll see a high-downforce configuration? I think the car would be great around Palm Beach.

18. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Kudos to Tim & his negotiation skills as well to IMS(and Indycar) for seeing the marketing potential and giving us some more fun. Cut my sim teeth on Indycar Racing & Nascar 2003 and had many enjoyable times all those years ago. As baked bean illustrated, rF2 is light years away from what we had to endure. Merci, ISI etc.

19. c.giovanetti

c.giovanetti Registered

Tim, good afternoon
    I offer to help in the development comopiloto test cars to help physically cars in indy if necessary. Count on me for everything related to pilot the cars on the track oval indy 500, indy 500 watched all since 1987 until today and has flown all simulators indy that existed. Can I help testing mainly intelligence AI on the track there than in most of the games have always had many flaws.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

that is what we are all here for buddy :p