Beta impressions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sofo, May 22, 2013.

1. Sofo

Sofo Registered

You can always leave. This isn't Hotel California :rolleyes:

2. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's amazing man. I don't know about you guys but this graphical quality is more than enough for my expectations. However, I've never seen this quality even setting all maxed in my rF2. Any secret on it?

3. TurboSpeed

TurboSpeed Registered

The secret? You need a graphic card, ASCII arts cannot match those screenshots :)

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I have 2 x 680 GTX, maybe it's enough?

5. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

[​IMG]

:D

or you could feel free to take your own advice if the graphics of this game don't come up to you and your outdated PC's expectations.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
  6. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

This was originally posted by Tosch so I figure it's one of his HDR profiles. You'll really notice a HUGE difference in terms of graphics just by trying out different HDR profiles and various mods. I feel like while ISI has been working a lot on the underlying tech and content, they haven't gone for polish yet because the underlying tech is still changing SO much. There seems to me to be a HUGE amount of potential in RF2 that is untapped right now only because ISI is focusing more on actual functionality. So right now, it's up to the community to see how far they can take RF2 via modding :)

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Apart from the fact that I think graphics should come third, (I think sound should come 2nd, as sound is much farther off from real life sound than graphics are), apart from that small fact..........THIS IS THE QUOTE OF THE CENTURY, Stonec, thats what a REAL fan of race-car driving/race-car driver wanna be says.

8. Sofo

Sofo Registered

I'm curious. How do you apply HDR profiles?

9. liebestod

liebestod Registered

When I play rf2, the FFB makes me feel like I am trying to poke but not pop a bubble. I get close to the edge of grip and then stay tense at the edge. In netkar and especially LFS I feel like I am pulling the wheel against the limit. Instead of probing it, I'm pulling towards it. My suspicion is that this is because rf2 does not put enough g forces into the FFB.

10. Tony

Tony Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  11. Sofo

Sofo Registered

12. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Final remark. This thread has mostly been about the lacking visuals of RF2.

I really would love some input from the ISI staff on this subject.
    How do you prioritize it and how's work coming along?

May i hope that some day RF2 will have cars of Gran Turismo best quality looks? *Getting a dreamy look on my face*

13. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

If you do a quick search of the forums, you'll find that Tim has commented a few times about the graphics state in RF2...
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7412-rFactor2-Test-Build-107-Released/page16?p=96085#post96085
    But the general theme seems to be that they don't want to say all too much because fans get super loud and obnoxious when promised things aren't exactly as they expect or when a showstopping bug pops up and things take longer than expected.

But I think it's safe to say we can only expect things to get better ;)

14. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Has he stopped calling rFactor2 a beta and stopped claiming things don't work when they do, yet?

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2013
  15. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Everything in RF2 works perfect. Not a single flaw, *Bowing to the nort or where ISI may reside*

Give us today the very best physics.
    Don't worry about looks and other flaws
    Cause you ISI, have the power, the glory in all eternity
    Amen.

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The secret is that this is a screenshot from devmode. I was testing hdr settings for a wip track and ramped up the reflection settings for the wet road conditions (wet road looks really nice when the sky is reflected by the surface). The sky is brighter than normal because of a lower turbidity setting. All this stuff is already inside the sim (and calculated by your gfx card), but you won't notice it until someone (ISI) enables it.

17. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Opaque graphics. Low frequency of shots. Pledge of a good simulator is a high frequency of shots and visually balanced colors.
    Where balance of rFactor2?
    One and a half years of a subscription come to an end soon...
    Not considerably will pass the second year and the third...

18. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

No it doesn't, but it isn't all as broken and as graphically poor as you claim either, smartarse. :D

19. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Tosch, can you explain what you mean by that? Basically what I got is that since in dev-mode you have more control over individual settings (ie turbidity and reflections for wet road conditions), so you can check out configurations and settings that haven't been enabled in-game by ISI yet. In which case, all of the pieces for much improved graphics are already there and it's basically just a matter of ISI flicking a switch for that to happen? You say it's "already inside the sim (and calculated by your gfx card)" meaning we should see massive graphics improvements in the near future? Or are these improvements only applicable to very specific cases?

Lol, sorry, I know my question is worded rather poorly... :p

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Here too HDR is used, but it doesn't disturb a qualitative color rendition and light. Graphics simple.

rain spray