Lets put together Q&A to developers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, May 22, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Guys with questions, step up now that we have this opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  2. kmw

kmw Registered

I have two questions which are both related to all the 'user customizable' files (rcd, rfm, gdb, veh etc).
    1) In rf1, there were Dev examples of these files, with explanation of each line to aid customization of the files.
    Are there any plans to include these or documentation of any kind, since there are clearly some new commands that we are not aware of?
    2) With regard to offline play, the ability to edit these files, and control the format of a race weekend is essential. Are there plans to add further control such as success ballast, reverse grids, multiple races in an event (for example where result from race 1 determines grid for race 2).
    Thank you :)

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

1) kmw's question is similar to mine, are we going to get any documentation on the sfx and eng etc files. The skippy files have some stuff commented but heaps of stuff isn't. The TGM PDF is really good and having a set of these would help people getting into modding, as at the moment 50% of doing any modding is relearning/re-figuring out what everyone before you already knows.

2) Also I really enjoyed the developer interview you did with Terence Groening. Will you be doing anymore of these?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

1) Are there any plans to introduce proper surround sound support?

2) Are there any big plans for further AI improvements that you can tell us about (MikeZ)? not talking little changes but bigger potential advancements, like my idea for user customizable AI for different types of series so modders have more control over AI....stuff out anything like that!?

3) when are we gonna get bonnet cam returned to the center!?! (as an option!) :)

5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

1) Will headlights ever cast shadows?

6. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

1) Whether there will be a new system of damages of a body, to break and break off in ключья, garbage for a puncture of the tires, coming-off plastic (гнётся downwind a bumper).
    2) What chances to receive a live loose surface of soil, to tread a track, holes after jumps, emission of the fulfilled surface from under wheels. Soil transfer from place to place. Firm trajectory and a soft surface out of a trajectory.
    2.1) And when it will be realized?
    3) Track frosting, temperature is lower than a zero mark, snow, ice.

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Will lights be improved generally? They don't look good at the moment.

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not sure if this has been covered already previously, its seems to cause quite some confusion across the board so here's mine:

* The Beta/Gold debate, will we see an announcement on this or are we already expected to use rf2 as a finished product?

nb: I've seen the notes for modders, that its up to them to decide of rf2 is ready or not. But how about the rest? for example leagues are waiting to commit, not sure when and if or already. I know my league is waiting and it remains unsure what the deal is.
    Either way will do, but we'd like to go with what ISI has to say rather then what pee'd of members are guesstimating constantly.

thx!

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just one to add to the list :

Will the plug-in delay bug be ever sorted i.e eliminated or greatly reduced ?

Thanks

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Some of these questions has been answered imo...

But in order to keep this cleand and to not go off topic lets have only questions to developers/Tim... so no conversation with other forum members here, if I may wish :)

Also try to avoid mixing this with wish threads. There's a separate section for those.

11. hdj

hdj Registered

1. Will track loading times be improved ?

2. Will an offline championship mode be included ?

3. Will the "Weather Tool" program (by Gerald Jacobson) be integrated into the race menu options ?

12. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

For me it already has improved. It feels like tracks load up 1/3 (some even 1/2) faster than pre 218. It takes maybe 15 s for me and I have 4-5 year old PC.

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

1. Will there be support for solid front axle?
    2. Are axle movement animations in replays going to improve?
    3. Will there be a hinge support? (Opening hoods, doors, roof flaps...)

14. TJones

TJones Registered

- Can we expect some improvement's in the tyre physics section in the near future, lets say 3-4 month?
    - How are the development priotity's about tyre physic, maybe already working in this area?

Thank you !

15. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

About ISI developement plan:

1. which Features are planned at the moment and which of them are ready and waiting for the right moment to become implemented.

2. which of the implemented features will be improved and how. (I dont mean small adjustements, only big changes)

3. how is the priority order for the new features and the improvements on existing features.

I would be happy about a serious answer :)

16. argo0

argo0 Registered

In GTR2 and rF1, you could turn the real mirrors off and use only virtual mirrors. This resulted in a significant FPS gain. If I turn the mirrors off in rF2, I gain 20% more FPS. This, to me, is huge.

Is this possible in rF2 and, if so, when will it happen?

Is the contact patch still not simulated properly? If not, when will it be?

Are the wet weather physics completed for all tyres in all conditions? If not, when will they be?

When can we expect the AI to pit as they should to react to changing conditions (weather, damage, tyre wear)?

What improvements are planned for the clutch and gearbox to make manual gear changing more relevant?

Do ISI acknowledge that there is a problem with running and pop up shadows (and some wet weather road reflections, I think) and when can we expect it fixed?

17. coops

coops Banned

1. There are ppl still saying they would have to update too much to release stuff now EG:cars... if true when do you think it will be ready ? and what is the main reasons they would think like this ?
    2.The collision physics are not quiet ready for league racing at a top level yet is this high on the priority list ?
    3.Tim you said you would not market it until you think its ready. can you give us and idea on things you would like completed ?
    4. league ready at high level where is it on priority list?
    5.Tim do you think it will be released in 2014 ? ( THINK ) any1 can think anything.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  18. smithaz

smithaz Registered

1) Any plans to allow choice of Sound Output Device? e.g. output video AND audio via HDMI/displayport

2) Are they going to implement real life starter motor behaviour? Or other fun things such as ability to exit to monitor by driving into garage or pit box.

19. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

1. what are the plans on the performance side? Can we hope for improvements?
    2. tripple-screen: any plans to have proper support for it? (angle, distance, bezel etc... correction)

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

When should we deliver these questions? At the end of this month perhaps?