rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hi

I think trouble some users are having, is because they are installing the new build straight over the
    top of the old build,best practice is to completely uninstall previous build then install new. That way
    the new build does not get contaminated with the old.

This build for me runs like a charm, the last three were not good for me, Thanks ISI.

2. MrPix

MrPix Registered

I agree, I've had only a few issues too (apart from the side screens flickering a lot during loading, but have yet to search for a solution), but nothing to make me mad!

All I did was the same as I always do with new builds.... rename the existing rFactor2 folder to something else, and install rFactor2 from fresh. I used the 'Lite' version. Then I copied over my custom controller profiles, the packages folder and used Mod Manager to put back just the few new releases... tweaked the .plr file, setup the graphics, tested and then installed the rest of the packages.

It may seem like a bit of a ball ache, but the game is not 'Gold' yet, so I realise I have a part to play in testing and that all procedures/parts are mainly WIP for now.

I alpha/beta test many other sims/games and have adopted the attitude of 'if I want early releases, I have to play along with the development cycle' .... as far as I see it, if you want a polished game, then you should wait until it is polished before purchasing it!

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I upgraded (and have for the last several builds) and have no issues (other than an isolated issue with the new south loop Malaysia track). I think this build is the best build yet. Rain is improved and tire wear is back. You can pay attention too much to the official forums of any game- this is where the malcontents and whiners will always flock too. Official forums for any game are just like that.

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

;)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I copied "player", "log", "controller" and "packages" from old version so is it contaminated now? :p Seems to work.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Exactly what i have done without to get any issue. I've just download the lite version before auto update was available and install it straight over the old build. After that i use the verification option and all was fine for me. Apart from that i have had never big issues to use any update. I'm a bit wondering where all this issues are coming from people have. Ok the update and mod handle technique is not the best choice imho but it works if know how to handle it. For shure the possibility to get any unforeseeable consequences are there.

With all it's beta flaws, the current build is still a pleasure to drive with the car's i have tested. I have had much impressive moments while driving.

7. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Well if that works for you thats fine. just saying thats all.

@nikos, hi buddy ;)

8. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It isn't? Then what is it? Surely not 'beta'.

9. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Just to add i did say "some users",which means not all. :)

10. Miro

Miro Registered

It's Marc. :p

11. tjc

tjc Registered

That`s right Mrslfrsl...

"rMarctor2 is an ongoing product that`s constantly evolving... it will be in development for many years to come"

:)

12. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Can't see anywhere to say it is finished and 'Gold'.... I saw the announcements about 'constantly evolving' but could not see anything from Tim or the devs to say/suggest rFactor2 was finished or that we should expect polished results... can you point me to them please, I'm interested!

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Don't know if there's something wrong with my update

Deleted old build then re-installed build 198 ( " lite " version) , dragged packages back into directory (all content etc)
    Went to mod manager to my surprise it was all installed already & in sim my controls were still there

Nothing seems to have changed for me on this build except rain is switched back on

Is this how this build seems to everyone else ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  14. FatCity

FatCity Registered

+1 :)

15. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

I just auto updated , but deleted my player file and controler.ini's just to be safe , seems to all work fine .

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Do you notice any diference between this build & previous?
    Apart from rain

17. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

I believe the AI needs further work :p Started the race on dry and it started raining near the end of the first lap so everyone decided to go to the pits and that did not end well for most. Here are the pictures of what happened.
    P.S. Did a clean install of build 198.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Rooney

Rooney Registered

It's like the 7th time I format my PC and when i try to reactivate it says maximun reactivations. What can I do?

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

20. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Did it tell you to e-mail Support ?