Clio and malaysia updated on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRC Steve, Mar 29, 2013.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

I didn't, but you can try and see how it works.

2. TJones

TJones Registered

Sorry doublepost!

OMG this forum is realy slow atm.

3. Max

Max Registered

Hey tim, still in the crapper? lol anything to add to the conversation here? :p

4. Diablo

Diablo Registered

No it is not that easy in real life, otherwise we would soon be out of young drivers, either because they´d all be dead or scared to death, so wouldn´t go on driving racecars.

I remember Tim saying that this is probably due to the tire model, which in its current state does not reduce the grip enough, when a tire is only partially on the ground. That correlates with the still not fully implemented contact patch simulation.
    So, in short, for this to change we need a new build, not just updated content, so I will have a look for tire related things in the next changelog.

5. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

creating a vmod works properly here. without uninstal anything.

6. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I haven,t downloaded it yet, but maybe a small read me added to the download each time a new component or updated component is released could help in the installations. I don,t have any problems with them so far but a lot of others seem to. It would be easy to add it to a torrent and with a basic step 1, step 2, step 3 scenario it might help those having a hard time.

It's probably already been suggested here but as I,m a slow thinker it just came to me :cool:

7. Max

Max Registered

indeed it does

8. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

How do I do this please?

9. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Can you post your vmod Rgueira?

(if that means we can race al lay-outs of malaysia, I would love to have it, rather not uninstall everything)

10. Revan

Revan Registered

I don`t get it, sorry. Get rid of 4 mods just for one track or do i misunderstanding?

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You need to find out which specific track it is, then contact that modder who made it with your report of problems.

12. 88mphTim

I will have mirrors when my mirror guys give their links to me. I'll add them to the rf2dl link.

13. 88mphTim

Once all the components are out, why would you keep 1.0?

No, this isn't a new built. These are cars and tracks.......

14. ifrans

ifrans Registered

ok thanks!

15. 88mphTim

For some reason there was 1000+ trying to view the forum, even though nothing we've released today requires a forum visit. I had to load limit it, so it should hold steady at about 600 users allowed now.

16. Max Benning

Max Benning Registered

After some having some trouble getting the new content working I must say that this is an awesome update on Malysia's feeling and AI behavior. I didn't like the track very much before because the AI was way to fast for me, I just seemed they're driving a different track. Now I actually like the challenging layout of the GP track, the new look (HDR on with profile) and the AI. No change to difficulty level in race settings, but now I'm chatching up way more easily. Thanks for the Update, hope to see the other content updated though, as I had to delete all four mods using malaysia, for no content colliding which each other.

17. Revan

Revan Registered

I tried it the whole afternoon with many different combinations, there is no specific track which causes the glitch. There is a number of tracks that don`t work and deleting a random one makes it work again.

18. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

might be a stupid question, aynway: why is ISI content not simply updated through the update manager? At least we would all have the same base content. There enough hassle to get the mods updated. (Yes I understand that only the core is updated for now but I don't see the reason or logic > it's part the game itself)

19. Max

Max Registered

I would not, though for many people this needs explaining. I found it out myself, no one told me. Some people need telling is my point, is all. Meh

20. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

The Sepang update is only installing 1.42 of the south loop (and leaving us with 1.2 of the main layout), so I believe everyone is coming here to find out how to get it working.

Some have got it working by uninstalling lots of other ISI content, but that seems like not a good way to do it.

On the plus side the track looks a lot nicer from what I can see from the south loop. :)