Performance Optimization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hongako, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Could you do me a favour and set the pre rendered frames (Maximale Anzahl der vorgerenderten Einzelbilder) in Nvidia control panel to "1" and check your cpu load after that? In my case the cpu load explodes if I set something different than 1.

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

the gee pee you (GPU) only handles graphics in rF2 all physics is handled by the see pee you (CPU). I can confirm when I asked Tim about rF2 does it use nVidia physics for anything and his reply was NO.

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Can I ask what games you are referring to that are so much better, the only other PC sims I have tried are iRacing and I suppose RBR, so I know you're not talking about those 2.

4. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

??? Whit pre renderet @1 now FPS the same , GPU Load 99% ( same bevore ) , CPU Load 6%/9%/40%/70% , whats wrong ? Grafik seems better/clear....

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Looks like it works for you too. Dunno if that is a Nvidia driver thing or a rF2 bug. Had this with my old gtx275 and now with my gtx 670. You gain no better performance by this but the cpu load drops by a large amount. I believe most people are not aware of this because they can't monitor the cpu load (taskmanager) while playing.

6. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Lucky Day , i see all Hardware clocks/load/temps with Aida64 on my G15 LCD : )
    please excuse , my english is to bad for this question : ( Ich meine das es jetzt klarer/heller , Farbintensiver wirkt , oder bilde ich mir das nur ein ? )

Maybe you can post your Grafik Settings please ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

G19 + LCDhost (EOS) here. :D
    [​IMG]

Graphic settings are all at max, hdr on, aa level 4. Never noticed a change in the graphics, but I use this setting for over a year now. I will check this.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you not concerned by light snow in your PC? ;)

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

No, I'm ok with that. :D
    What really pi**es me off is the snow outside. WE SHOULD HAVE SPRING HERE!!!

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Finally I got run Rfactor2 maxed and got rid of the damn stutters with 30 cars visible. That was my target and it's playable smoothly now. But the replays are very weird, it's not a stuttering thing but a another version: the speed of the cars "waves"... they accelerate and reduce the visual speed in cicles of 1 or 2 seconds. Aside that, fine here with SLI enabled or not.

11. hongako

hongako Registered

Nope, Mario kart...

12. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

How? Would you mind sharing your findings, please!

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

LMAO

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I run AlacrityPC ... suggested to me by my good friend D!2T

have everything you want to run open, then run the program and it shuts Down alot of not needed stuff including your desktop
    once the BLANK notepad page pops up alt tab back to the game and c the difference...
    to shut down just close the notepad page..... sometimes you may need to restart your PC to get everything running again :)

15. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Given your quality of your posts on this forum so far, that does not surprise me.

Come on, lets have yer list of 20 games that you claim "20 times better graphically and perform equal to or better than rFactor 2". :D

16. osella

osella Registered

Same here :mad:

It's April Fools today and it's -7°C and wind blowing right now where I live. Usually I could ride my bike in a T-shirt in beginning of April.

F**k off, Winter!

Sincerely, Spring

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Spring is slowly dissapearing from calendar due to climate change. Winters will come later and last longer with fast transition to summer.