Performance Optimization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hongako, Mar 28, 2013.

1. hongako

hongako Registered

When you plan to optimize this game?
    I have games that are 20 times better graphically and perform equal to or better than rFactor 2.
    I'm pretty pissed to see that nothing is done by the ISI and other communities but much more work than you without winning a single euro.
    This game just makes use of the CPU, the GPU takes care of all the performance of the game and this should not be so.
    There are a lot of people pissed and tired of not done anything worthwhile in this game.
    I sincerely regret having bought the beta of this game may have bought the beta of other games that are much better and work harder than you.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

We chewed that topic like 100 times till now..
    Search is your friend my friend..

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

To summarize what has been talked about this subject:

Some optimization will be done. However, rf2 physics are so complex, that you can not make direct comparsion with most of the other games. Working physics demand lot from pc.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Tim has already said a thousand times (if not many more) that a lot of optimizations are to come along covering various things...

He has also explained a thousand times that these things take time to complete and has also expalined why these things take that amount of time to achieve.

Every new build brings optimizations to certain things and graphics improvements too plus the older content is also being improved and bugs fixed etc.

If your that "pissed" with things, leave it for a while and come back to it, I don`t think you`ll be disappointed but you`ll decide that I`m sure.

5. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Interesting, finally someone came up with a quantification of quality?!

:confused:
    I don´t have a clue what the author tries to tell the audience here. Who is doing nothing and who is doing much more? And who does not win money?

:confused:
    Bit confused aren´t you?

But yeah, good luck with that language and getting a serious response.

6. hongako

hongako Registered

I do not need answers like yours that lead nowhere.
    My English is not very good but if you are consistent enough'll understand as I have cast all who have seen this thread. ;)

7. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Who knows, have you, do they, are you, does it, shouldn't it, are there, do you, awww.

Thats ISI told for being lazy sods and how to make friends with your first post's on the forum :D!

Let me guess, Trackmania, Need For Speed, Burnout, F1 Race Stars, Sonic All Stars Racing, Insane, Flatout !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  8. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Kind of the point of my post as a reply to yours, which also leads nowhere. Seeing that it was your very first one and you could obviously not be bothered to use the search function, I could simply not resist. Hint: there was a recent post made by Tim about optimizations, as recent as yesterday.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

I was about to post all the change logs but I didn't. Instead I am going to post what I was thinking when my ex was talking to me.

[​IMG]

10. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

Are the physics purely on the CPU side? Or does the GPU do any? I know for example, Half-Life 2 with the Source engine, when they introduced their new physics intensive particle system (2007), they did it on the GPU.

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Particles and other eye candy can run on GPU, because they do not need to run "in the background" - they're only updated when they need to be rendered. It's kind of "decorative physics".

With vehicle physics, you need simulation to run in realtime, to give you proper FFB reponse. This cannot be done on GPU (at least not reasonably easily) because GPU is busy rendering graphics and cannot guarantee to be available for physics in realtime.

12. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

Ahhh makes sense, I believe the hitboxes for the fire to damage the player was independant from the particle, goes right on with what you said :cool:

13. frankwer

frankwer Registered

14. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

My CPU Load by my i5 3570K @4GHz is by all cores at ~ 90% , thats show me the same what i feel : nice Physik : )
    But a little more Eye Candy i need too , and a little bit better damage modell will nice too .
    Hope anytime it looks a little bit better , but its not so Importand like good Physk .

Edit : ( shadertoy 50-65FPS )

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not everyone reads this Forum, not everyone has time to sift through all of Tims posts, not everyone is like you and me and spends far too much time here as it is...not everyone knows ;)

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That's interesting. What graphics card do you have?

17. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

yes but in that case you don't start your first post with this kind of tonality, at least it's what my parents told me (say Hello, say goodbye, stay polite, etc.) ;)

18. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Zotak AMP 480GTX@835

19. tjc

tjc Registered

You make a good point Marc and your right, I do spend too much time here :p

But as YoLolo69 says, OP had a bit of a tone in his "voice"

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I understand that fully, I spend too much time here ;)

But even so, if you just type "optimization" in that search box on top, you will get a list of a lot look-a-like threads and one almost same as this opened just few days ago..