RFactor2 software crashes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 11, 2013.

?

How often do you have problems with rFactor 2 crashing?

Poll closed Mar 11, 2013.
  1. Almost never (monthly?)

56.6%
  2. Rarely (weekly?)

18.0%
  3. Regularly (daily?)

22.1%
  4. Almost every time I sit down to it.

3.3%
  1. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

No, it won't work without LWEMon running. My computer has never liked logitech gaming software. I have tried all versions from the first that added the auto adjust, but none of them will run reliably. So, to end the frustration, I disabled it and just have to set my rotation.
    The very same thing used to happen in rF1 too, I mean the application hang of the logi software. It would hang and cause rF1 to lock up. It happens with rF2 as well. Not rF2's fault, as it is looking for the Logi software to communicate with. When Logi hangs, rF2 gets confused and locks up or I lose steering, or CTD. Anyway, it is the Logitech software that was causing it. Since I disabled it, I haven't had any trouble with hangs or crashes.

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I guess I have no real options left. The software will not run on this computer (anymore). The idea of redownloading ALL content again because MAYBE something is wrong with that is - well ^%$£. My packages directory is 13Gb......

EDIT: Good news. I uninstalled rFactor2 and re-installed (annoyingly it keeps registration info in the registry somewhere - leaving me feeling nervous that some setting/s were travelling with me). This time I ONLY installed the ISI 1960′s World Class Racing v1 and the update. This allowed me to enter a single player game without crashing! ONWARDS! Next - latest AMD update (13.1 stable atm).

Win8x64 (same new install), LWEMon running, AMD cat 13.1.

Installed 13.2BETA5 Catalyst. Game still running? Yes.

Turn all graphics settings to full.
    Game still running? Yes.

Copy entire OLD packages content into new install - skip
    ISI 1960′s World Class Racing v1 and the update. Terrified of what to install in what order lol

Installed ISI Renault Megane and update.
    Game still running? Yes.

Take a punt and install all ISI content and updates.
    Game still running? Yes.

Take another punt, uncheck "show mods", order by name, mass select all uninstalled locations - install.
    Game still running? NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Grrr. Well this is good I guess. Something went wrong there.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  3. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I F%$!@&G DID IT!!!!!!!!!

I found the solution and the cause to my problem. With 100% accuracy, I managed to replicate the problem a dozen times - and I could make it work and then make it crash alternately.

The first thing I did was begin removing the locations that I had bulk installed as above. I was dubious that installing them en masse was itself causing the problem - each location asks to be updated (and I had gotten away with doing it that way successfully before). So I started from the top (alphabetically) and began removing them one by one, and checking if the game worked. Within 3 removes it was working! I figured the last one I removed was the problem. Sure enough replacing it crashed the game again. So I removed it, and replaced the top 2 again. Game crashed again...wut?

Turns out I had to have ALL of the top 3 locations removed to have no errors. Strange, no? This is the locations in question:

60sHockenheim.rfcmp
    70sGlen.rfcmp
    75Kyalami.rfcmp

...the only .rfcmp files starting with numbers. Is this related to the problem?

EDIT: OK moving on with install to see if all is well with the rest of the community content....
    ...Nope. That's it. I am back online in ISR server right now. I have had NO crashes unrelated to this so far, compared to always crashing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I had a overlap with 2 Glen tracks, it didnt make the game crash but neither one of them worked with both of them installed.

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

This is strange and different, because NO track/car/single/online server works when I have them installed........

....how? I have confirmed this now beyond question..........maybe someone who understands better may be able to shed light on this?

Tim, any chance a dev can read this thread? (I will message him now)

EDIT: Actually I don't know how to contact Tim. Never have.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well I think I have fixed my freezes, still have to test with 4/5 in room .

Running a Dell17" as 2nd monitor.

I dragged Fraps, joy2key, AB, OSD and Task manager to it.

Now when I use "switch to" from 17" working much better.

EDIT: cant understand Kyalami or Watkins being a problem we ran them for months in my F3 room remember.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You either pm him from his name at avatar, or you leave a message at his profile, or you press ContactUs button at black ribbon at bottom of page.

Neither Kyalami or Glen gave me any trouble, looks like trying to install all in a go messes things up.

8. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

This event still makes no sense to me - but I wonder if there is more to it.....

9. Andreh68

Andreh68 Registered

Nand, as posted in this thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10934-Manual-update-went-wrong?highlight= , I had a somewhat similar problem. I used the all locations torrent and have em all installed. After reinstalling and installing only a few tracks game worked well. Then I found this thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...d-locations-(or-maybe-all-components)-reached . I was unsure if it was the number of tracks, installs, or some specific or corrupted tracks, but decided to wait for a new build and see.
    Now I actually have 70s Glen and Kyalami, and as Durge said everything works well...