Great T500 RS offer in the UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ForthRight, Jan 31, 2013.

1. MrPix

MrPix Registered

I've replaced the fan twice under warranty and eventually gave up on TM support and their rubbish 10penny fans and installed a smaller but silent (14dBA) fan (Scythe Mini-kaze 40x40x10) in there now.... for the last 10 months I have not had a problem.

The original fan 'exhausts' air rather than blows cool air on to the motor, but the holes are that small in the case most of the hot air is just recirculated back on to the motor anyway. I have the replacement fan blowing on the motor and have had no issues with hour and hours of continuous gameplay... it gets warm, but then it should!

You'll find that the RJ11 for the pedals is not a std RJ11 plug, it has an offset tang on it.... it's known as MMJ - RJ11.... I dunno if this is different in the states, but in the UK, the tang is central on telephone cords.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  2. DBell84

DBell84 Registered

I have never noticed before that it is a different type of plug from a phone plug. Thanks for the tip. Tang is on the center of telephone cords in US also.

Dave

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

One that you talk to yourself actually in a different thread.

4. MrPix

MrPix Registered

At first I found it annoying, but I hardly use them now and when I do, I don't have a problem anymore... I use a H-shifter for most cars and the F1 Addon Wheel for the newer OW vehicles.

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I miss shifted twice and thats it. Got use to the fixed paddles really fast, and I like them alot. Deffinetly the best shifter paddles in any wheel I have ever seen feel wise, the fixed/unfixed is just a matter of preference/getting use to. Most of the supercars have fixed paddles anyways so its something that has been thought out to be user friendly from the start.

6. hoover

hoover Registered

No problem regarding the transit to the fixed shifter paddles here, it feels a bit weird at first when you're in the kitty litter and have to remember that the downshift is now on the other side when high-locking the wheel, but it's not a problem during normal driving at all.

Cheers, Uwe

7. Duvel

Duvel Registered

No problem here either - they are big enough so you never have a problem, i like them fixed, actually.

A few issues to look out for. I've had two sets of shifters replaced for the chrome finish literally reacting with something on my hands, they corroded! And my TR8rs shifter plate is also corroding and i've barely touched it. I have no idea what's going on, maybe i need to test the local air :S

The shifters also lost the punchy click over time.

8. Stark

Stark Registered

"Upgradable firmware and internal memory with adjustable gear-shift travel (downloadable software on PC)"

So with the software you can adjust for "tighter shifting", like longer between each gear for historic race cars and shorter for modern sport cars?

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Technically yes. With the software you can adjust how fast does the gear "take", but you kinda need a shorf shift gear plate to get the gears to be concretely shorter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Stark

Stark Registered

Thanks Golanv! :)
    I will order the t500rs and the th8rs, but now the wheel is £339.98 inc VAT :( Will wait and see if they lower the price.

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Well I finally got new wheelbase from France today and guess what... its broken. Doesnt stop self calibrating after plugging it in, no matter what I do to it.
    The luck I have had with Thrustmaster crap is just unbelievable. First the wheel wiggle, which proved to be a mechanical failure Tim!
    Then the TH8rs shifters main circuit board was DOA, and now this.
    Either I get working T500rs+TH8rs+TrackIR at some point or I will shoot myself, which ever comes first, and if its the shooting part that comes first, I will hount the ****out of them and beyond the grave, still get my working T500.

12. hoover

hoover Registered

Maybe you should also consider making a used purchase from amazon warehouse deals? At least they seem to check the stuff *before* they send it out.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope you'll get a working system soon. I just ordered one of Leo Bodnar's g25 shifter usb adapters, this should enable me to have all the buttons I need at my disposal with the t500.

Cheers, Uwe

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Well I bought the first one new from an local online store, and it was the one with the mechanical failure that cause the wheel to move up and down. This second one is straight from Guillemot (Thrustmasters mother company) from France, their home office, as a direct swap through RMA policy, and this one is in endless calibration loop.

I do kinda expect that when I buy something new it would work, but I've learned that its kinda more recommended to have fools hope rather than expectation when it comes to anything that has electronics in it. But 3 times in a row a Thrustmaster product being DOA, or nearly there. Thats my personal record.

I have that Leo Bodnars usb adapter aswell, it works great, and has same kind of calibration system as the TH8rs that you can download from his site. I use G25 shifter as a handbreak and button box atm... or would if I would have a wheel that works. :eek:

14. hoover

hoover Registered

Hope you'll get a working wheel soon! I don't plan to use the shifter for shifting, just for the buttons. Looking forward to reactivating it again!

Cheers, Uwe