Canberra400 conversion

Discussion in 'Locations' started by R1CHO, Jan 21, 2013.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Hi Heres my first ever track conversion.. Canberra400 created by Radar2575

Permission is given in the readme for the RF1 version :) and Now from the man himself Thx Radar!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75381954/Canberra400_1.00.7z

Thx to Nibiru for all your guidance threw basically every step!!! :p

And Thx SPASKIS for your track conversion tutorial it took me four days to get to the 20 minute mark
    but i got there :)

Still much to learn but enjoy :)

RR1CHO~XR~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

very interesting :)

thanks!

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Very nice Thanks. Just so you might want to know there is a helicopter flying backwards :eek:

4. 722

722 Registered

5. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Nice job R1CHO, yes the chopper makes me lol too

SS

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

loll......I lolled when I saw it!:D

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

8. Radar

Radar Registered

Permission was given was it ???

I never got any emails and therefore it was not..

And so you know, this track is being built from scratch, so any conversion is NOT the work of myself, nor has it been approved..

You are right, the rF1 readme states I am happy for conversions to other games, as long as I am mentioned as the original person (which I am sure you have done) but the readme also has an email, so hence my comment of not getting an email..

I'm happy for this to remain up, but please note that other peoples work being converted 'without' a simple email to find out what they (or myself for that matter) are planning on doing with tracks in rF2 would be nice..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  9. Radar

Radar Registered

Looking at the video posted, it's yet another crappy conversion, sorry R1cho, but if you plan on converting tracks, please make sure you make use of shadows etc for what rF2 is designed for, make sure choppers are not flying backwards, and the trees cast textured shadows, not square blocks..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Sorry Radar I Must of read it wrong I read the read me as you wanting an email for permission for commercial use ... Im glad the track is being rebuilt from scratch as i love any aussie track especially tight Street circuits

This was my first attempt of Conversions and am still getting to understand all the aspects of Rfactor2 and 3d simed and wanted to get it out there for some feedback and Knowledge

if you like i can remove but I was just going by the readme

sry :)

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

In all Honesty I thought it was a great Idea putting that in the readme and yes the nice thing to do would be email you. theres other tracks im looking at with emails to develepors have i heard back mmmmmm nah not yet. so its kinda difficult going by emails that are 2 oldish ......

Love the track :)

12. Radar

Radar Registered

I'm fine for the link to stay R1cho.. thanks for appologising, I appreciate it..

Next time I will 'reword' the doco lol..

I'm just annoyed as I wanted to release a much much better version of Canberra the 1st time than the rF1 version conversions that are currently being done on other tracks..

As said, keep it up, but it will be much, much, much better when version 2.0 is released.. :)

On another note, I may need your help (photos or more) if I do Phillip Island :)

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Thx Mate, I'll put them back, hahaha i can smell the petrol fumes so thats easy .. Cant wait for Your new version until then i,ll do the best i can with this ...Thx again
    i may have pm'd twice

14. Radar

Radar Registered

You did PM twice, all good.. Replying now..

My bad on not being more specific in the read-me (noted now).. As I will say to you in the reply, I will say here also.. I have given my permission (well it's done now lol) because it was my fault regarding the specifics in the read-me file, but also because I allowed conversions to other games to simply not get emails all the time of 'can I convert too ... game' (non rFactor games basically).. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see someone to convert another persons track for the same game, but then, I never thought rF2 would be around the corner when I 1st started the project :)

R1cho will change the name for his next version, only because it will conflict with my release in due coarse (confusion for people)..

Hopefully in the next update, he will teach the pilot to fly the other way.. until then, enjoy R1cho's conversion/s.

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Thx

16. Radar

Radar Registered

If you need some help R1cho, let me know.. all to happy to help 'where' I can..

17. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Thx Radar Appreciated,

Spent all day and night ;) yesterday inspecting, changing and implementing shadows to all scenery I noticed with the trees you have to have it set to texture shadow to get rid of the square effect also whether it casts and receives
    ....I unchecked receives shadow (on the trees) as it looked kinda funny with the 2d trees, cast shadow as texture is ticked , Dynamic is ticked, reflect is ticked also .
    Exported GMT's and textures only to go in game and see the shadows on the trees :( so i load it into 3dsimed again and all the receives shadows boxes are ticked again .. on a bright note the shadows cast look insane in comparison on to what they where..

Also put back all original sponsor logos and tarmac primary textures as Mod mode n didn't do them justice and look much better in real mode.

cheers R1CHO

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  18. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

phillip island and canberra 2.0 are coming? :D AWESOME

19. Radar

Radar Registered

Canberra 400 2.0 yes.. Phillip Island will be sometime yet but it is on the radar.. pardon the pun..

20. Jello

Jello Registered

So good to see the Aussie tracks coming along :) Thnx all who put in the time & effort for us petrol heads to enjoy them :)