AIW Editor Reset Current line no longer works?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andy_RF2, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

Hi All,

When I used to use RF1's AIW Editor to "normalise" a curve and every now and then it would go wrong and the fast line (path) would end up off track etc making it even worse than it was before, I simply selected however many "main" line blocks in the problem area, clicked "RESET CURRENT LINE" and the fast path would then snap back to the main blocks. I could then start again carefully choosing a few blocks at a time and using Normalise Curve until I got a nice fast and smooth line for the AI as it was sometimes only a small area so not worth re-doing the whole fast path from scratch.

When I try to do the exact same thing in RF2's DEVMODE Editor, the fast path doesn't reset? :confused: Sometimes when converting an older track you might find a very small problem on a corner that slows the AI down a little too much where I can take the same corner much faster. Same when making your own fast path from scratch. Now and then one or more corners may not be quite as fast/smooth as I planned, but the rest of the AIW can be SUPERBLY FAST! so it was handy to "Reset current line" and/or "Normalise Curve" until it was near perfect. Anyone else come across this problem? Or could anyone have a quick try who understands what I mean please in case it's a problem with my install only? Everything else in the AIW Editor works fine (Apart from the new commands nobody seems to know how to use) :mad: I hope it will work/is still implemented as it's very handy and useful as I've said. Thanks for any help on this.

Andy_RF2...........

2. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

Hmm, am I the only one who uses this feature of the AIW editor lol? 49 views and not a word:) Surely someone has already tried using it? Thanks..........

3. ethone

ethone Registered

I haven't tried it before, sorry. :) I usually just save the AIW before I do anything (and making a copy) and exit without saving, then re-enter to try again.

4. Andy_RF2

Andy_RF2 Registered

@ethone
    Thanks for the reply. Hope you knew what I meant by the command "Reset Current Line?"

Anyone from ISI reading this (Tim maybe?), have any info regarding this Dev-mode AIW Command? It used to work perfectly in Rfactor 1 and was very handy. As stated above, in RF2 when I click "Reset Current Line" with the FAST PATH showing, nothing happens and the Line remains exactly where it was (In the wrong place! lol). It just saved a lot of time and work Re-Doing a whole fast path when you could use this command to "fix" just one or two small problem areas.

Andy_RF2 :)

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi Andy,
    The last day or three I've been messing with getting an AIW up, and it seems to me that "Reset Current Line" works, but you need to then manually move one or two lines/waypoints for it to be re-drawn. You can then move that/those wps back to where they were on the reset line. Hopefully this will work for you :)