F1 tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Mr_A

Mr_A Registered

LOLOLOL

Im not underestimating but when concluding from all drivers I've met online this short period that I've been online, I've still yet to see a good normal consistent driver.. and by the way u talked about china gp.. no proper driver talks about any track like that in real life..

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i think atm leagues are looking after themselves with tracks rather than sharing with everyone ...possibly the way of the future?

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Modern F1 tracks are boring snooze fests. Make a mistake? Drive back on to the circuit like nothing happened. :rolleyes:

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Ofc they do just not in public because it is not good for PR. (Well Raikkonen is an exception. I still remember his "team radio" in 2009 during FP1 at Abu Dhabi. That's what he said: "The first part is ok but the rest of track is ****" - give or take). I've driven some cars (and high performance gokarts) on tracks. One of them Feels3 is now finishing maybe you know which one ;). Not all of them (I mean tracks I've been to) are fun, exciting etc. It's very subjective feeling because some share my thoughts some not and that's ok (some of them were and some of them are racing drivers).

The key word here is "short" period. I know what do you mean because I've met many drivers like you've described and that's excepted. Because drivers that take their simracing seriously usually don't appear at random servers (some do from boredom). 90 % of their time they hang out at leagues just like myself. Right now I don't have time to attend races at leagues.

You should find yourself a league. Maybe this would change your opinion on some things.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Webber calls them parking lots (or car parks) and yeah, I agree. Tracks that don't punish driver for mistake are rather not amusing.

I always liked Long Beach, Adelaide, Monaco, Macau (this one is sick. Monaco on mega steroids) they punish you instantly for making a mistake and that's good because making them and later learning from them make you a better driver. Tracks that don't smack your head for overdriving or for other kinds of mistakes make one driver just well... the same. Some drivers just need that feeling of punishment to improve (at least I do).

1 person likes this.
  6. Mr_A

Mr_A Registered

too bad serious sim racers only hang in leagues.. I invested in rF2 and a new wheel now because its winter and racing season is over.. so while not being able to hit the track because of snow etc and not being active in motorsport throughout winter, I thought about practicing racing line, offensive, defensive driving etc virtually.. but whats up with all these people who are so "passionate" about their sims who cant drive without doing something stupid.. why are these people even sim racing? I really need to find a group of 3-4 good drivers who can practice racing on weekends.. but please enlighten me with a normal league if you find one

as for kimmi and webbers speech about the tracks, they're just boosted up arrogantly by their Im-an-F1-driver-attitude.. if they raced a make-league they'd stfu and try to gain every minimum advance that they could find to beat their opponent

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

FYI your speech does come over pretty arrogantly too Mr_A. I have never seen you race (probably you even race under a different nickname) so I can't comment on how true your words are. But anyone can say that about himself - "I can drive 2h race without mistakes". There you go. The reality is a little different in most cases. Even real F1 drivers make mistakes. So if you are not making mistakes you are not pushing hard enough. So how fast are you really? Probably everyone can drive without mistakes just not that fast. The top drivers can drive without mistakes AND still be fast. But most just drive over their limit and thats why mistakes happen. But like you, everybody hates if they are taken out by an opponent because of his mistake. Lucky for all it is only virtual racing, you can still continue (maybe not that race, but there is always a next one).
    Anyway like people already said - try finding a league. Try to know people. Problem with pick up racing is that you don't know anyone - you don't know what kind of reaction someone will display. Many are just too aggressive and that leads to mistakes and crashes. If you are as good as you say then prepare for the worst and try to wait for others to make mistakes, so driving very carefully, very defensively. But still keep an eye out for what racers around you do.
    It is totally different when you qualify and are 0.1 behind and 0.1 before someone. And when you race, even after 10 laps you have only a 1 second gap to the car in front or car behind. With that kind of racing you can have any track and it is still exciting. You don't have to compete for first place, you just need one opponent that can match your speed and you will be enjoying racing. Even on tracks that don't punish you with an out for a little mistake on track, if you have close racing every mistake is a costly mistake. How easy is to loose just 1 second - very easy. And if you can get only 0.1 per lap back that mistake costs you 10 laps to negate.

8. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Why do you even started talking about each other's driving abilities? The thread was about tracks and Ronnie said Shanghai track is boring (which it is) and that other than F1 tracks can be more exciting than the likes of Abu Dhabi, Bahrain etc.

I'm not a fast or consistent driver myself but I can tell you Shanghai, Abu Dhabi and Singapore are boring tracks to drive. It's my personal opinion and doesn't have to have anythiong to do with the fact that I probably can't stay on road the whole race when doing a saturday night pick-up race.

9. Revan

Revan Registered

It is always about opinion. I don`t like China either but i do love Singapore. Beside that i would love to see all of the current F1-Tracks, there are always tracks that you like more than others but for a proper championship you have to drive them all.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm looking forward to a choice if decent leagues in rf2 -when there is the content & optimisations etc

A good league offers good competition & fairly clean racing

Generally online on public servers its rare to get a sensible race, a lot if people online can't even get round a slow lap behind a pace car without bashing -I really don't understand the Mellon headness of these people!

11. Mr_A

Mr_A Registered

^^^^well if it came over too arrogantly, it was not the purpose. Its just that the online level of the avarage sim racer on public servers is a laugh. But I will keep looking for a league before the real life season starts next year.

as for the tracks and the opinion, no tracks are really easy and dull for me, you can race hardcore on any one of them as long as there's some good competition

12. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Those would be most welcome feels3, along with any other WEC tracks. :D