F1 tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i wondering why does we still dont have good f1 tracks, instead those one we have.... we have a lot good trackmakers , but they just dont want to do them. why? soon (as i understand from Tims posts) we will have f1 mod, but we have only one f1 track - Malaysia!!!!
    please somebody - change this (i agree even for converting tracks from rf1 - cause there are a lot good rf1 formula 1 tracks)

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Probably because nobody feels like doing crappy conversions* and/or don't have the time to rebuild the track entirely.
    Or, people have started building those, and are holding content back untill rF2 goes gold ;)

Like the montreal track in rF2, just didn't drive well, felt like I was driving on a brick road half of the time.

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

There are many tracks (not F1) that are better/more exciting. And personally I like to see some other tracks that I don't know yet.

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

You can expect my versions of modern Spa and Interlagos in 2013. I can't give you any precise date but 2013 is a target for those tracks.

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Exactly. Many, many f1 tracks are just dull. Like chinese GP track, it's just boring. T1 is blind and unusual then boring, boring, looooong straight, boring, boring, start/finish line.

For me Toban is a great example. For me it is on par with Suzuka which I rate mega highly.

Kylami is a F1 track and it's great, yet still not many really heard of it (older chaps know it. I'm positive).

Mountain forest is a big surprise for me. It's a great track, very similar to nord. It doesn't look great visually but layout is nice.

Don't you think, Alesi, that driving on well... sublime but not very known tracks with a F1 car in rf2 could be even more exciting and eventful in terms of racing than many F1 tracks used in F1 nowadays?

Personally I'm a huge fan of F1 by huge fan I mean it's my second life (I even was late for my own birthday party because of f1 race. Family wasn't amused xD. LOL) and still I would scrap maybe half of todays f1 tracks from the calendar.

I highly recommend trying some tracks that are in WIP at the moment, because some of them are sometimes in both looks and layout few levels above some tracks that you want so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thats really great news feels:cool:

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I assume because both ISI, and especially modders, have other things to do, and to eat, sleep, etc.

This isn't just an F1 product, never was, never will be. Like with rF1 ISI will do what it can, but then modders will too. ISI were releasing tracks for three years for rF1 AFTER it was released. rF2 isn't even "released" yet.

8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

i know that (its cool). but this is only 2 tracks from 20 (modren) and 30 (for 1989-2012)

9. Alesi

Alesi Registered

u dont understand. maybe its exciting BUT a lot of leagues f1 starts with real f1 with the same tracks (so there are no toban , mountain forest and others)

10. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm looking forward to more F1 tracks. The older tracks i.e. the European circuits, Interlagos, Suzuka and Montreal are all great tracks. Some of the new ones are really fun too, such as the Circuit of the Americas and Buddh International Circuit.

Then again I'm more of a fan of the big international circuits. The smaller venues don't really do it for me.

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well I understand because I've been simracing for 5-6 years and all of them spent in leagues. 80 % of the time on F1 cars and 20% on GT cars.

I even remember that when there was supposed to be GP of India there was no good track to race on in our league. We even considered to swap it with different track but maybe few days before GP we had one proper version and we used it.

However when we talk about rf2 which is still a beta with limited freedom for modders because of constantly changing envairoment within the game from update to update... we must take it into consideration.

It's too soon to create anything serious with rf2 when we talk about full time season. Maybe you should perhaps go back to rf1 if you want to create a f1 season where there are plenty f1 tracks and mods to race on?

I guess before f1 season starts in march there will be more f1 tracks and rf2 will be in more advanced state but right now rf2 is good for pick-up races and semi-serious week-to-week racing. Don't demand more than you can be given.

Patience you will be rewarded when rf2 hits gold.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  12. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Almost all modern F1 tracks from rFactor1 have a road grid that is only a single poly wide, which unfortunately does not work with RealRoad. There are other and better ones though, that feature a denser road mesh, but since most of them originate from "another game", it would be a copyright infringement to release them to the general public. They do look really good when converted though, but it's a lot of work on some of them due to the sometimes sub-par conversion to rFactor1.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I would love to see more (quality) f1 tracks

If you enjoy driving a decent f1 sim-car or a similar high speed downforce car then these tracks are exceptionally good and nicely matched to high speed high performance cars,

Glad to hear you'll be doing a spa feels3 -this would be fantastic, sad that ISI or a good track modder can't help you on this to speed up this type of release

It will all come I'm sure in time

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
  15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

If you start counting from 1989, then we allready have 2, plus the 2 feels will be doing, is allready twice as good as you make it seem ;) (Spa and Interlagos by Feels, + Malaysia and Estoril from ISI)

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm surprised ISI are not converting their own modern monza from rf1 which was a nice creation in rf1

I'm assuming as it would be a conversion the amount of work will be cut down ?

Or would ISI give permission to a decent modder to do the conversion?

Anyway let's hope,

A modern Monaco & Singapore (night race) would be my choices along with (spa & monza )

17. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool: :cool: :cool:

18. Mr_A

Mr_A Registered

First I started thinking what the h... when reading the chinese gp part.. but when you said that mountain forest is "like nordschleife".. man.. you've said it all.. How about instead of browsing forums you try to learn and make tracks yourselfs?

and by the way.. other tracks that you dont know are more exciting? What is exciting for you? even on the track of yours that isnt exciting (lets say your boring chinese gp), I bet you cant do a proper 30min race without making fatal errors, not to speak of minor.. and Im talking about driving with competition.. How about practicing driving and becoming a better driver before all the tracks come out, so when they come out, you master them all in a proper way

people drive the cars unrealisticly online and beat your pole time by .300 sec but they dont last longer than 3-4 laps in a race.. what kind of race drivers are these type of people? I wonder if so many people would've been online now these days and racing if it wasnt for the Lola mod.. still people cant drive normal together with other drivers online without crashing and they just wait for new stuff and chill when something gets old, even if they cant master a normal car like 370z from before.. and yall want new stuff? I dont see the logic, is being a 5-lap racer in?

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Romain Grosjean??? :p

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Don't underestimate someone that you don't know mate. ;] You would be surprised..