Endurance Racing Support

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by JETninja, Dec 8, 2012.

1. JETninja

JETninja Registered

I know I've written about it in the forum before, and I've sent emails to the team even before RF2 came out. (still have the email)

We have some great endurance leagues, races from 4 to 12 hours long. In RF1, if you lose an engine, suspension, brakes etc your done. In real life, not so, teams get that car back to the pits and depending on the damage, repair and replace parts. I'd love to see support for this, if not a simulated Flatbed truck, some way to get the car back to the pits, and then a time penalty (maybe league adjustable) depending on the work involved to make the car drivable again.

Also, the repair system could be better, teams IRL replace noses, wings etc and the car performs as well or near too it. In RF1, I get a few knocks and my car is 10mph slower and out of the running even after repairs. (not driven RF2 much, too busy with leagues, but I will be soon)

Lastly, a way to rejoin a race if you get disconnected. Net Burps happen, it would be good if you could rejoin in the Pits and continue so your 500 laps of practice and 100+ laps in the race to the point where you got booted...are not wasted totally.

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

+1

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

4. John Basara

John Basara Registered

Being able to leave the pits with a 100% car would certainly be a welcome addition.

John

1 person likes this.
  5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Driver changes that work, Clutch wear, Transmission damage, Oil Loss, Reserve Oil Tanks, Reserve Fuel tanks, Map switching, More levels of ABS & TC, Body damage from flailing tire carcasses, Brake Pad/Rotor changes, Le Mans style trackside repairs.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Headlights that cover distances that real headlights do. They don't use foglights (15-30m lit distance) only in lemans, or even a dipped beam (40-75m varies quite a bit from car to car), they use full beam (up to 2000m, 300-500m typical).

Even modern good bicycle lights seem to be quite good, certainly GT car like Nissan GTR should have something vastly better?:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-diy-d...men-bike-light-high-low-beam-road-581232.html

Of course it is possible for a modder to make better lights and hopefully we see stronger lights by them.

7. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Good point on the lights. Look at the Audi R18 for the last 2 seasons with its LED headlights, blindingly bright..they turn night into day. Expect more cars to move to LED soon...

8. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

ah yes, I knew I forgot something. To add to the en-light-ening discussion, turn signals and hazards (switchable rain light).

9. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

I wish a full FIA WEC based mod, with all the cars that are presented in this fantastic new series, including the AUDIs, the Denso Toyota, the Nissan Orecas, etc...etc...
    ...a mod based on the real phisics, the real tyres and fuel consumption, and obviously the capacity for long distance races with "disco-free' drivers swap...
    ...I'd also wish to be faster than JETninja Junior some day...:rolleyes:

10. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Sounds awesome! We can dream...

11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

+1,000

12. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Luiz buddy, that should be a separate Wish List item. (like I want a 70's Can-Am mod!!!!) This thread is about feature support for our and many other leagues that race sportscars.

13. Arandor

Arandor Registered

+1

Yes, it would be very good (and very important)!
    So many talented player's fun and chances in the lague were ruined because of a disconnect.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  14. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

+1

Being able to be towed to the pits and getting a time penalty should work out great. I also think that cars should be repaired to 100% ( if the off wasnt too severe, for example a crash at 140-150 mph would shatter the car to pieces so it should not be repaired ), like if you have cars like prototypes or formula cars were whole body parts can just be taken off and replaced.

If you happen to damage the front suspension in a way that the car constantly pulls heavily to one side ( like in rf1 ), im pretty sure than a real life racing team would repair the car to a point where it probably wasnt 100% fresh and fast but would track straight ( at least in endurance races, in sprint races the car would be parked i guess ). So it should be possibly to get this kind of damage repaired, or at least an option for it in the mod itself, so that league or event admins can choose if they want this sort of repair jobs to be allowed or not.

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I read somewhere that they are working on being able to rejoin if disconnected.

they are working on driver swaps

I would really like to see the rest of the items on the OP's laundry list!

16. Arandor

Arandor Registered

Yes, you are right!

You probably read this in the "rFactor 2 Developer Q&A"

Keep up the good work ISI, we know you do your best for us.
    (Everyone needs a bit motivation, isn't it?)

17. Bloody

Bloody Registered

+1 to all

18. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Bumping it for new folks and any new ideas and the chance Tim of Gjon or someone may see it. (remember me guys! I don't give up!) :D

19. lachgummi

lachgummi Registered

Endurance support is one of the importent features that rfactor 2 needs.

New Headlights are importent too. Look at this pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

picture source: http://www.stuck3.com/wall/show/72/24h Nürburgring 2013

The car you see there is an Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 that starts at the 24h of Nürburgring this Weekend.

20. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Registered

Yes we need this! I really loved the Enduracers MOD for RF1. Maybe they can mae some 2013 content for RF2?