multiview greyed out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gogs Dunlop, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Gogs Dunlop

Gogs Dunlop Registered

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Maybe it's wise to put some more info in here? Just a picture; do we have to guess what system you have, how many screens you play with and so on?

(I know there is some info in the screenshot, but I can't read that.....)

3. Gogs Dunlop

Gogs Dunlop Registered

here is the spec, it runs 3 screens in XP using softth in rf1/gtl/png/gtr2

CPU:Q9650 @ 3.8 ghz - air
    Mobo: Asus Striker 2 extreme - air
    Audio: sound blaster SB X-Fi Audio
    Video: 2x GTX295's version "B" - air
    4x896MB = 3584MB. driver date: 02/10/12 : 306.97
    SLI link bridge is not connected.
    Mem: 8 GB of fancy pants ram, at the same speed as main bus, i'll check it tonight 1700 mhz rings a bell
    Monitors: 3 x 21inch normally @ 4800 x 1200
    Controllers: G25 & MS x4 keyboard
    Internet: Fibre Cable solid 10mb down 1mb up, solid/stable pings
    Win XP 32bit, it dual boots into W764, using W7 for RF2, so i can access all the ram.
    using a single monitor at 1600x1200 in rf2 because i can't select all 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well.....I'm just trying my best to help out here first of all, but my expertise......is not so great.

It seems to me it could be a driver issue. Did you reïnstall drivers already? Or reïnstall the game?

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am not familiar with SoftTH, but I would suggest that the reason multi-view is greyed out is because you are using it instead of something like eyefinity or the nVidia equivalent.

6. Gogs Dunlop

Gogs Dunlop Registered

re-downloaded driver and clicked the clean install, it's just the same.

i hear what you are saying, it's just doing my head in not getting the 3 screens to work.

i've not gone near this clean install of rf2 with anything as i was hoping it would work without 3rd party software, what is the nVidia equivalent of eyefinity, maybe thats what i'm missing.

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Nvidia Surround.

Though if you were Surround capable I'd think you wouldn't be running SoftTH.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I'm sorry; tried my best to help, but my expertise stops here; can;t help any further.
    I do wish you good luck and hope you solve the problem!

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Oh btw Gogs Dunlop, what does your information mean when you post 4x896MB = 3584MB? I can't for the life of me figure out where you are getting that amount of ram with either your 2 Graphics cards or the possibility of 4 sticks of system ram.

10. MJP

MJP Registered

GTX295s are dual GPU cards with 1792MB VRAM (896MBx2) and he has 2 of them. Still only amounts to 896MB which is a bit low for 3 screens.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

OK, didn't look up his card to see what the specs were on it, but you are right, with any multi-GPU setup, only the primary GPU's ram is in use, so with less than 1Gb of ram, triple screens would be tough on resources.

He also stated that his 2 cards were not being run in SLI, which means he is only using a pair of GPU's for any given activity. I wonder if he is using different graphics cards for different monitors. If this is the case, it is likely the main reason that he is unable to choose multi-view for his setup as all monitors would I presume have to be running on the same Card. Unfortunately, his cards are too old to support triple monitors by themselves, so I guess SoftTH is the only option for him.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Wait a minute... I just looked at his specs. Why run SoftTH? Install the SLI bridge, switch to SLI mode, enable Nvidia Surround and Multiview should be available. I know rF2 has SLI issues for some people but it can't be worse than using SoftTH's software implementation of triples can it?

I don't think the cards are too old. I ran triples with 2 x GTX 275.

1 person likes this.
  13. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

I used to use Soft TH with GTL and GTR 2 years back and it worked brilliant. :)

Now Ive tried this with rF2 recently using 3x17" monitors and Soft TH. Everything worked in windows great, accept the rF2 config didnt allow me the extra resolutions across 3 screens that i needed for it to work in game. You need the total res width to appear in the config and it just doesnt.

I think its something to do with the location of the Soft TH files. rF2s file format is totally different and files dont work in the same way as the old simbin and rF1 titles. Normally it would be in the root directory of the game, but for some reason, they just dont work there.

Good luck bud :)

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The softTh dll goes into rf2 core folder :)

15. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Silly me,
    I was sure I already tried it in there before with no luck. Something I might try again soon then! Thanks for that bud :)

16. Gogs Dunlop

Gogs Dunlop Registered

hi

check out the screen shot, it's now all working, i put the link bridge between the cards back in, the 2 side screens flash a bit until you get into a car on the track but it's all good.

with the new 118, the video config screen now only has one GTX295 and is reporting 4040MB of video ram and 8192MB of system ram using a reolution of 4800 x 1200 32bit, running on localhost i get 24 to about 35 FPS in the dark.

View attachment 4799

View attachment 4797

View attachment 4798

17. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Looks awesome matey :)

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Glad you got it sorted out :)

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You don't have softth in the dropdown of video cards selectable, so you can't have the dll in the right place, try the core folder. It'll then create the config file somewhere else (did with me).