Motec and Rf2 Damper Velocities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul_Ceglia, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Can anyone shed some light on to why Rf2 doesn't create damper velocities within motec? Is it a motec issue or an Rf2 one? Can anyone from ISI comment on this?

Thanks

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Interesting that you should ask that as I can see damper velocities for all four corners in my data with Motec I2 Pro.

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

really? interesting, im us pro as well and it is not an option. I get damper velocities with gtr2 logged data but not rfactor2 is there a setting im missing within the motec plugin or rf2. What version of motec pro are u using. thanks for your time

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I use 1.18.00?? It has been around for quite some time.

I would say that you are having issues with your motec plugin if you aren't seeing the data or you don't have your worksheet setup right.

Here is the project I use, see if you can get the damper velocity in it. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52935236/Race On data.rar

If you go to the suspension drop down the first tab will give damper information.

5. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Scratch that, I over looked the damper velocities...I have them, But I don't have Damper positions I do have suspension positions though.. I would like to create my damper time histo's but not having the position of the damper is hindering things...yes i am a sim nerd :D thanks again

FYI Motec has latest version 1.20 http://www.motec.com/software/latestreleases/

6. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

[​IMG]

This is what i was getting at the colors represent suspension position Im just not sure that suspension position is the same as damper position..

8. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

It is wheel position on the corner (changes vertically). If you want damper position, you'll have to do some math. Also remember that 0=fully rebounded wheel.

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Thanks for letting me know it has been updated, heheh. Glad you found the damper velocity but you are correct, there is no damper position, but I think suspension position is near enough as the dampers are usually tied to the suspension for min max vertical position.

10. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Yes suspension pos. is good to have Im working with that now,

lordpantsington you have me intrigued. My guess would be to use ride heights for maths with some aspects of the suspension is this what you would suggest?

11. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Suspension position translation to Damper Position has more to do with motion ratio and the angle from the normal to horizontal.

12. mpracer

mpracer Registered

Sorry Gearjammer have you tried your project with thenew Motec version 1.20? Since I installed that version, but I can't see any information on my charts. Just speed, trottle, Engine RPM and gear

Thanks

13. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

im using 1.20 with zero issues...

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Will load the new version later today mpracer and see what I get. I doubt that it will be an issue, but you never know. hehe. Will reply back after I check it out.

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Installed 1.20 and opened up my existing data and was able to view everything just like in 1.10 so no difference to me.

16. mpracer

mpracer Registered

Thanks Guys! May be it's my fault, because I changed something in the ini files and, perhaps, rF2 doesn't export nothing.

I'll try with the original ini file and I'll see.

17. mpracer

mpracer Registered

Sorry for my questions, I could not fins some channels because I could not see in the motec as you casn see in the attached picture.

I'm using the project of Gearjammer. Any suggestion, please?

Thanks

View attachment 4761

and this is my motecplugin.ini

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

In order to get the right items listed you have to right click on the area and choose properties. You should see a list of all the areas that are currently in the workbook. Click on add and you will see a list of items to add to the workbook. Have a look here for the names you want, don't pay attention to the black names, look at the colored names:
    [​IMG]

19. mpracer

mpracer Registered

Thanks for your help.

The only channel I can't found was the Oversteer and the Fuel used per lap

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

In my list of things I can add, I can see 2 different oversteer items. Not sure what the difference is between the 2. As for fuel usuage, it might be in maths instead of data collected as there is a fuel level that can be used to help calculate fuel usage.