Any experts here?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by xracer, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xracer

xracer Registered

Ok i dont really have the time to read all kinds of suggestions on how to make this work. I've read all the treads about it btw. Especially when not even the dev associates tips work. So i want to go directly to the point on this. I just want to have a realistic working on this. In reality a racetrack is atleast a little rubberised so i want the track to be just that when i start a race weekend (which btw will go start practice -> end of race). This is what i personally want when i drive in singleplayer if possible. So here is an extract with comments:

[Weather Info]
    abstractnodes=1
    RealRoadTD="preset:Light Rubber.rrbin" As i understand this file is missing, but it doesnt matter. But is fixed with entering practice settings? I did that numerous times but it doesn't work. What is special with TD in this line?

RealRoadP1="preset:Light Rubber.rrbin" Why this "preset:...." when applying "natural" there is no "preset:..."
    RealRoadP2="natural" Why are there P1, P2 & P3 here. Thought it was only one practice session?
    RealRoadP3="natural" ppl talk about "Naturally progressing". Why does it only say ONLY "natural" here. Can we choose? Is it the same?
    RealRoadP4="natural"
    RealRoadQ1="natural"
    RealRoadQ2="natural"
    RealRoadQ3="natural"
    RealRoadQ4="natural"
    RealRoadWU="natural"
    RealRoadR1="natural"
    RealRoadR2="natural"
    RealRoadR3="natural"
    RealRoadR4="natural"

If someone really knows this stuff please be exact in what options and what to write and set up this file. ie whats wrong with let say this:

[Weather Info]
    abstractnodes=1
    RealRoadTD="natural"
    RealRoadP1="natural"
    RealRoadP2="natural"
    RealRoadP3="natural"
    RealRoadP4="natural"
    RealRoadQ1="natural"
    RealRoadQ2="natural"
    RealRoadQ3="natural"
    RealRoadQ4="natural"
    RealRoadWU="natural"
    RealRoadR1="natural"
    RealRoadR2="natural"
    RealRoadR3="natural"
    RealRoadR4="natural"

Will this start "green" and progress with more and more rubber on the track? What else can be configured which would be handy?
    Is there let say and "preset:wet" option?

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You start ai Race say Spa with 29 cars set a long practice.

It takes a while for light rubber 6 lap x 29 cars = 180 give or take.

SAVE the Real road as SPA_LIGHT ( whatever )

Continue rubbering till you happy with next level of rubber and save SPA_BLACKGOLD ( whatever )

Set first session in settings to any saved rubber and subsequent sessions to progressive or make 3 preset levels and use one for each session.

Whatever turns you on.
    I been rubbering for 2 days and saving.
    Wont be long before people are packaging rubber archives to drop in for people could not be bothered...........

3. xracer

xracer Registered

Thanks Durge for the info, but one thing i know is that i have problems getting my tracks back to more or less unrubbered so i wanted to ask you if u can fill inn this below exactly as it should be for me to get back the unrubbered tracksurface.

[Weather Info]
    abstractnodes=1
    RealRoadTD=""
    RealRoadP1=""
    RealRoadP2="natural"
    RealRoadP3="natural"
    RealRoadP4="natural"
    RealRoadQ1="natural"
    RealRoadQ2="natural"
    RealRoadQ3="natural"
    RealRoadQ4="natural"
    RealRoadWU="natural"
    RealRoadR1="natural"
    RealRoadR2="natural"
    RealRoadR3="natural"
    RealRoadR4="natural"

Cya on track in not too long!

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This place is filled with "experts". :p

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

...and the game should be made/released for non-experts too, btw...
    ..preaty boring/disapointing still having to tweak a lotta thing inside player.ini/multiplayer.ini/etc...ini, just to let the game the way we´d like to play.
    Track rubbering should be an in-game option setting, as many many other things...
    I won´t update anymore...

6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

There are a lot more options that have yet to make their way into the UI so don't stop updating yet, I made the same complaint about having to edit ini files, a ridiculous hang over from a decade and more ago. Tim assured me that there was every intention to bring many more options into the UI...Like everything else it is a work in progress...I sometimes think ISI should rename themselves WIP:rolleyes:

7. sFactor

sFactor Registered

Yup... Ex = has been
    Spurt = Drip :) D'oh!

8. xracer

xracer Registered

Session status for reload

Hi again,

I've seen alot of comments about being able to save a session or even change a option about surface options on the "Practice" page in RF2. Regarding that i have attached a screenshot of my practice setup page and wonder if anyone can confirm that this is exactly how the page should look like after installed 118 from scratch overwriting 107 which i did. the Reason i wonder is that i have this message in the "Advanced" tab in the launcher:

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ okt 23 2012 18:08:08
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Component "rFactor2 UI 1.0d" failed to verify, removed from inventory

Please check my attached screenshot to see that nothing is missing. Also whe it comes to saving sessions i dont find where they are :)

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

@xracer. It looks to me that you're not on the latest build.

10. xracer

xracer Registered

CdnRacer, i have to say that after reading a little bit more on the forum about this. The Dev guys really have to get their act toughter about delivering out EVEN beta's without knowing THEMSELVES what they code and ESPECIALLY document in detail what they change. This will make it alot more easy for themselves also to notch up feedback from betatesters and decide what to do. They will save alot of time, cause the feedback from betatesters now is a real mess and everyone do changes and find their own ideas (even me) to whats going on in the sim. I guess Tim W. is doing as best as he can, but when i find replies from him to a tester like "I GUESS that is all the options which should be there..." or something. What is that? DOesnt even he get the info from the devs? Well i think he definately should as he is the word out to us. So regarding what u say it definately is the UI component which is wrong in my install which have caused med 10 hours+ being in the dark about that the heck ppl are talking about. The option is not there thats the case. So why not code "All critical components are not installed, sim can't start"? The messy tracksurface IS critical!
    Ok got a bit heated up here, but this is a bit unpro from the ISI guys. My opionion!

Oh btw. i really thought i was on the latest build as i did do a full install and when i verify i get "You are on the latest build"

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

From your screenshot you posted it looks like you're not on the latest build. Very strange.

12. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  13. xracer

xracer Registered

Thanks for the help guys. I did a reinstall just now and the FIRST time i started RF2 i got the message "All components verified" in the "Advanced" tab in the launcher. Still no option for the "real road" in then menus after going into sim. Then i started RF2 again and "Advanced" tab shows "Component "rFactor2 UI 1.0d" failed to verify, removed from inventory". Really strange. Before the install i removed the 1.0d directory to make sure install transferred only the files from 118. Anyway gotta read more as you say :)

14. xracer

xracer Registered

There is a bright light in the tunnel, here is what i found guys. kro388th tip about deleting the PLR did get me the deeply missing button (and by the looks other options in the menus) that is good progress for me, but don't know if anyone else have noticed but when i start RF2 for the first time after deleting PLR the component rFactor2 UI 1.0d is verified, but all subsequent starts gives "Component "rFactor2 UI 1.0d" failed to verify, removed from inventory". The button is still there after several restarts, but there is something going on here...maybe devs should check that, but then again maybe that has to do with that missing "Light rubber. rrbin" missing? Recreating PLR is a pain though as i have to set everything again. Like wheelbutton config etc.

15. xracer

xracer Registered

Thanks for the help again, guys! Just wanted to end my story now. I have messed with making rubberized tracks a little now and until now it seems to work ok. What happens later in different situations i clearly don't know, but setting up a custom Real Road in Practice and Naturally progressing in Q and R seems to work ok. It just have to be loaded first everytime before starting a session as it seems to default to green when restarting RF2.

16. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

Hi I'm trying to find the file with this information in so I can setup my real road settings. Can you point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

17. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

\UserData\player\Settings\TRACKNAME\TRACK.wet

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm actually pretty sure that this isn't finished development yet, and that the UI menu, and the INi files could change. Track rubbering *IS* an in-game option, perhaps you missed it.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, you got that when you were auto updating? Before the latest build was on the auto updater, perhaps?

No, I don't get every bit of info. I also seldom have time to test the software. At times, the build is tested only by the TESTERS. I have a job to do, and is ISN'T being on this forum, it ISN'T testing. It's a whole other section of the company.

Well, considering you're saying something about me: YOU cost yourself 10 hours. You didn't even have the right build installed. I think you should be more angry at yourself. Lesson one if you want to use the latest version, is probably to install it. You can clearly see which build you have installed on the launcher, and the release thread said "118".

20. xracer

xracer Registered

Well well, what the he** are u talking about here? I WAS ON THE LATEST BUILD! I downloaded the torrent version 118 and installed it, but nothing in RF2 let me know that something was wrong with the UI and the option wasn't there. Read the posts well before u comment and if u dont have the time to do this i hope the RF2 team can come up with someone who have the time to comment about whats going on with the sim and not "i think this and i think that" kind of stuff. RF2 deserves this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.