Don't laugh but should / can I use my driving force GT wheel instead of my G27 wheel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I know it sounds crazy but I swear my DFGT felt better than my g27 anyway. Can I use my pedals and shifter with my DFGT? If so, what do I need b/c there is only one serial connection for pedals b/c shifter is integrated. Funny that I never thought of this since all the crazy rattling crap happened.

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Welcome to DFGT lovers club!

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

5. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Shifter needs a separate adapter.

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I just wanted to test so I plugged both g27 and DFGT and it works! No adapter required LOL. I assume these things don't draw energy when plugged in but PC is in stand by mode.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Definitely feels different and will need to get used to but feels pretty good and rattling is MUCH better! This may be alternative to $600 fanatec LOL.

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

But wait! U mean I spent all this money on a g27 only to revert back to my dfgt? Lol. Next I'm going to get the pedal plug-in and tweak away.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I was always faster with the black momo racing wheel than my g25, due to the g25 having no ffb when centred killing my braking feel for lock up and rear in-stabilty when the wheel waa centred (hardware issue, no game can fix this, done on purpose from logitech).

I then went back to the momo racing but it just felt so much more like a toy (also had more input lag and slower to respond), so i was in a delemna.

I then found a decent compromise when i got the momo force (red metal belt drive momo. It's not nearly as strong and quick/instant as the g25, but defibetely better than the momo racing. Also it has the ffb in the centre which was lacking on the g25 and therefore killing my car feel qhen thw wheel was pointing straight/almost straight (eapecially when it came to feeling braking forces, wheel lock up, rear getting light under braking).

To top it all off its built much sturdier than the G25 and momo racing, the wheel is a beautiful thick real momo wheel, and it is belt drive and smooth rotating.

10. Kwik

Kwik Registered

Knowing what I know now I never would have bought a G27.I would have stuck with my DFP.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The wheel on the DFP is nice, but the pedals are horrible compared to what comes with the G27. If you still have the DFP, you can get the Leo Bodnar USB adapter and use the G27 pedals with the DFP. I would do the same, but my wheel has issues with buttons, so will pass on that idea. :)

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Now that I am running two wheels simultaneously I need some to build a fire truck mod! :p

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

LoL Kknorpp001 :)

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm liking the DFGT but am perceiving a difference b/c less speed and/or detail but it is definitely OK but curious as to how specs are different between the two wheels. Can anyone articulate the differences?

15. dodswm

dodswm Registered

Main one is that the G27 has 2 motors for the feedback..

16. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Nope, one's for your wife. :D

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Dfgt wheel will be less instant, have slower top speed and acceleration, less torque/power, more knotchy/Less smooth, and it might have less resolution and might have a tiny bit more of a centre steering deadzone. I could be wrong on the last 2 points though.

Crucially for the dfgt though, it does not have a centre ffb deadzone like the g25/g27, which for me personally makes all the difference and makes more than up for all the shortcommings mentioned above.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Makes sense, guys. That confirms my perception. Thanks.

19. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I have an a DFGT and one friend has a G25 and other has a G27, and i prefer the wheel of the DFGT (not the pedals), and i was asked myself if i'm crazy for like it more, but seems i'm not the only one.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah in hind sight I probably would have been better off with buying better pedals and shifter for dfgt instead of g27