Installing update for 1960 mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeVa, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MikeVa

MikeVa Registered

I read the guide, but still a little confused. I have the 1960 mod installed..have the patch in the packages folder, but when I run the mod manager, the update is not showing...what am I missing here as I want to update the server, but if I can't update my local machine, I won't attempt to update the server, thanks. I have selected show mods only..it still does not see the rfmod update file for the 1960's.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

The only thing you ned to do is to put update in the same folder where other packages are. A star should appear next to your 1960 mod, which means you can update it.

I'm not sure if star would appear if you're missing some other necessary components, but I think it should, only update would fail or show in the "cannot install the following mods" list.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Open mod manger and look to the left of the 1960's mod. There should be an asterix. That means an update is available. Right click and choose "update".

4. MikeVa

MikeVa Registered

Thanks..that did the trick..didn't know what the asterix was..and it also solved another issue...where I need to extract the files from the mas files..rfm and gdb..but that's a whole different situation.
    Since you guys are helpfull :) I also downloaded the ISI Master rfmod I think.but I get it can't be installed..so that tells me it's looking for something it needs..problem is I have no clue what it's looking for..can you help with this one to, thanks.

Once I get a better hang of this..I will release a test server for free..where you can just point and click your way through. Actually it works now..just like to get a few more mods and tracks available first.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The ISI Formula Masters uses tracks from the GT and Renault packs, I think... :) I'd advise, during testing, to have all ISI content installed and up to date.

6. Kiro

Kiro Registered

Also, always check your downloaded file size against the advertised size.
    That has caught me out more than once and caused multitudes of needless anquish.

7. MikeVa

MikeVa Registered

Seems I am getting the hang of rf2 slowly..heres an issue I ran into, and how I solved it.
    I downloaded the megane mod..installed from mod manager.exe.all looked fine. Soon as I fired the game, it found the cars(vehicles, tracks(tracks), but in the series I did not see it..im scratching my head..uninstalling, reinstalling..same thing..SO..I figured let me try it this way. From my game data folder, I uninstalled the megane mod..now I ran mod manager from the game when fired up(choose manage mod) and installed it from there, and everything showed up as normal. My only issue is now when I run the mod manager from the core folder..it says gt and master can not be installed..when they actually are..can you shed some light on this Tim? It also shows the renault megane trophy as not installed..but I just ran a test session with the mod.
    In the advnaced tab..says everything is verified...so I'm a little confused why ModManager.exe says 2 mods cant be installed and other in the top part of the program list are not installed..kinda like one program doesn't get updated.

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

If i'm correct you shouldn't run Mod Manager from the core folder, you should run it from the launcher,
    otherwise you will have problems, perhaps someone else can confirm this.

EDIT or you can run it from in game.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, always run tools from launcher or they will work in wrong root folder.

10. MikeVa

MikeVa Registered

Is Mod manager.exe(from core folder) more of a dedicated server install program?
    Privatebrian: You said run it from launcher..then you said..or run it from in game...was thinking they were the same..if not..then what\where is the launcher? I thought running from launcher was clicking the launcher to fire the game..and then use manage mod?

11. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

The launcher is what appears when you double click the rF2 icon, on the launcher thier is a button called
    manage mods, that takes you to the mod manager...otherwise you can start game in single player and
    click on series and install your mods from thier.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Haven't double clicked icons since windows 95.

:p lol .... ;)

Don't mind me mate.

What I would like to know is how/can I make a shortcut for Host ?

I use BatchRun http://www.outertech.com/en/create-batch-file to open rF2 Launcher, AffterBurner and OSD, Fraps and Joy2Key with one click, adding Host would be handy :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hiya Durge :)

Guess i'm still livin in the days of win 95 (old habbits die hard) :)

Sorry i can't help with your question mate...but i'm sure someone will know...

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You shouldn't ever need to be in the core folder to run things.

15. MikeVa

MikeVa Registered

That's not entirely true Tim..on my dedicated server..that's how I install the mods and tracks..as it seems from there it installs to the core\installed folder where the dedicated server runs from. That's why I asked above if the mod man.exe from the core folder is for server installs. I don't fire the game itself on the server to get updates. The game is fired from command line.