Dissect my video! Help me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marvin Morgan, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Ok guys here's a video I'm posting with different issues and questions to be asked.
    The first part of the vid you'll notice some flickering shadows. I noticed in this game that if you switch cameras it seems to mess up the shadows and the only way to get them back to normal is to switch drivers. I normally have to do this before a race at the starting line to get the right shadows. But the flickering in the video seems a different story. Also in the video you'll see the green/white line. What is it trying to tell me, particularly in my video. I've also made setting changes where there's a thin red line underneath the green/white line. What is this info. Second part of video any suggestions to improve would help.

Also in the video , although it's hard to see, in the Megane cockpit there is a scrolling line on the dashboard right above the far right sticker on the dash. Like in a seam or something. Very distracting when everything else looks so good. Any idea how to get rid of it. You'll have to watch the vid in high quality full screen to see it.

I've got an i5 3570K and an XFX 7870 Double D graphics card.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I get all sorts of problems with the community made tracks. Overheating CPU is the one that makes the VLM tracks unusable for me.

3. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I don't really have that problem. Although I am overclocked and have a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO on it.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

For the green/white line, are you talking about the one in the top left corner? If so, that is showing frame rate I believe and when you see red it isn't good. Red means that you need to turn something down in order to stop that from happening. I think the red is an indication that you are dropping frames, but again I am not absolutely certain of this.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
  6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Green line is AFAIK Graphics card memory usage, you got it by pressing Ctrl f/f Red line is CPU. Frame rate can be got with Ctrl and a single press on f and will show top right.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With current cooling systems I am hard pressed to see where you would be experiencing overheating in your CPU just because of track selection. My guess would be that you are experiencing an issue with your current cooling system and you need to troubleshoot to find out where the problem lies. You are either experiencing issues with your current heatsink and fan or your case is not circulating enough air to keep the case cool or you are using a laptop which are notorious for poor air flow in the first place.

8. fireguard1

fireguard1 Registered

I run a laptop and it gets hot, but it has yet to shut off or malfunction due to excess heat.