Too high FPS in menus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fobban, Sep 23, 2012.

1. dandar

dandar Registered

@osella
    I was talking about the brain interpretation, not the eye's fps perception. There are 2 different things. The brain's electricity typically runs through the body at 60 cycles per second.
    Have you ever heard about the subconscient ? About how it records things that u dont remember to have experienced ? Well that's the explanation and difference between them.

2. osella

osella Registered

Okay so they're different things, still doesn't make true statement that >60Hz is useless...

3. dandar

dandar Registered

I don't believe that higher hertz are useless, I've said that the older refresh rates used on CRT monitor were discontinued and possible because making extra cycles consumes more electric power.

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yes in common that is right but for some reason any framerate limiting had negative impact to "Sync Software" -option and I don't know why. I tried to set it even as high as 500 but still the framerate didn't reach the usual 59-60 FPS. It has to do something how the Sync Software has been designed/how it works.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that sync software and other means of limiting fps are doing just about the same thing and gets messed up with each other, so I keep sync off and limit fps to 60 with afterburner.

Of course I don't know how it really is, but I know that works best for my rig.

6. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

I cant play car sims unless im getting at least 100-120fps!! Anything less and it seems like a slide show lol :)

7. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

You talking about CS1.6, or Source? Because you just reminded me of something silly from when I used to play 1.6 in CAL.

In regular mode (non-dev mode), CS 1.6 maxed out at 100 fps. You could enable dev mode to get more FPS, but you would actually get more stutter from running >100fps (steps, jumps, recoil, etc would be affected. It's also illegal in official play to have devmode enabled). Have a Google for "counterstrike 100 fps" and there's a lot of stuff out there.

The pros also liked playing at 640x480, sometimes 800x600---because in the lower resolutions, everything (particularly crosshairs) was larger. So the ideal goal was to get exactly 100 fps at a super low resolution...I always thought that was strange.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I guess if you wanted to get accurate snap shooting, you would want to cut down on the distance in pixels you would have to move to get the shot in. I would hate to develop a twitch though and end up shooting backwards heheh.

9. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

The same thing happens in rF1. When I drag the car around in the Spinner screen the pitch of the whine changes in a reproducable way (it's higher when the car is in one particular orientation and lower when the car is moved to another position).