FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

35 pages regarding this car? Really? Is it mostly setup and ffb stuff? If so hopefully this car will be changed so works out of the box. Is anyone driving this car out of the box. Did the stud real life race car driver drive this out of the box? What wheel did he use? You guys must be seriously passionate to fiddle this much. Explains why I drive Spark f1 :)

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

There are some things that will be worked on for the F2 2012 cars Kknorpp001, but for the most part, the car is handling decent out of the box. Obviously there is always some tweaks to be done to suit your driving style, and there are still issues with things that are being worked on in the base rF2 sim itself, but other than that, you can get into the car and drive straight away.

3. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I love this car, can't drive anything else anymore :D

4. ianwGP

ianwGP Registered

me too love it;)

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

The F2 for me if i up the FFB multi to 2 feels alot better. But going back to the F3.5 it has better FFB for me personally right now without having to adjust the multi. Both feel great still

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I think if ISI tweek the ffb on this car then it will be top, I'm enjoying this car but from the off it feels as though it virtually has no ffb to suddenly at times feeling very strong, there are extremes & seem odd, I set my ffb up and then it needs setting up again after 15 mins into the session (maybe due to rubbering in) as the ffb strength seems to go off the scale

Decent ffb from the off but a little stronger straight line high speed due to downforce & a tad more feel of weight in the corners would be nice

7. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I think what would be helpful in the future, is when ISI release car content (for beta at least), they should also recommend FFB settings or even post what their FFB settings are.

This may help a lot of people who have fiddled with their settings and when a new car is released the settings won't work so well.

Just an idea.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I would like this a lot!

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes. Also it would be great in the meantime if someone would summarize the consensus reached in the 35 pages. Is there consensus on any settings? I'm running g27. Are there settings that people are agreeing on that are good, including steering lock and the whole bit?

Edit: also this might be a good sticky so new comers don't run for the hills when they see all this engineering.

10. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I doubt that there are any consensus, but I would start by looking sig of zeospantera and his recommendations for G27. All I know is that if I set FFB multi to 0.8 I start to get clipping at corners and I use G25, not sure if G27 is truly able to cope with higher multipliers, but for me 0.65 seems to be absolute maximum so that there still would be still some small forces and not only on/off kind of forces, I adjust also according to pedal overlay plugin's ffb indicator.

That is where I would recommend to start.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks. And that is very interesting regarding lower multiplier and especially interesting regarding overlay plugin b/c that reminds me of whatever that tools was in rf1 that let you see the force levels as you ran rf1 in a window. What about steering lock? Is there consensus on what real car is?

12. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Real car probably has that max 20.7 as ISI has put that in, but they probably alter that from track to track, one just has to do the math if lowering steering lock, so that steering ratio stays the same, so lowering amount wheel can turn is required if using less lock than 20.7.

Steering wheel with 20.7 degrees was 540 from my memory, so that gives ratio of ~13:1 which should be maintained.

So for 270 degrees as some were using it would mean ~10.35 degrees of steering lock.

What ever steering lock you set math is then for example 15 * 13 * 2 = 390 steering wheel rotation, replace 15 with desired steering lock.

That is steering ratio which is planned for the car by ISI that has probably got it from technical documents for the car, so that is worthwhile to preserve to have intended feel, imo.

13. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Gave the car another go with default setup (540 on wheel, 20.7 lock) but with FFB disabled from wheel. Picked up 1.5s on PB Mills Inner Loop C on 6 laps (prev 1:01.5). On Palm Beach ~1s improvement (prev 1:08.0) on 7 laps and I have a lot more laps there, 50+ on default setup. Just so much easier to attack curbs and sometimes dip a wheel bit on the grass, you will have perfect control over the car. Trying to consciously avoid the rattling, makes it harder to drive relaxed. Of course no FFB makes it harder to react to unexpected situations, so need to maintain bit more focus.

14. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

All problems due to the physical engine ISI. No rasperdeleniya mass and inertia of all axes. Because of this, the values ​​are not entered in the machine is not working properly ... why all the arguing.
    Nothing is cut without losing track of time, the machine simply swallows all the bumps and feels.

15. osella

osella Registered

Sorry but I don't understand this russenglish much..

16. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I want to say. All the problems in the physical engine ISI. No distribution of mass and the inertia of the machine in all axes.

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Post from WMD forums by Chris Partridge who has worked for the BBC.

This is what Luciano Bacheta told me on twitter just now about the F2 handling in rF2: "i think it's as close to the real thing as you can get without spending huge $$$. I drive both f2 and rf2 the same way." Seems a pretty good endorsement!

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ok tried this and was ok but HIRRIBKE rattling with g27.

Edit. That should read horrible.

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Hirribike, that works just fine ;)

Sure, especially if driving hard over rumble strips wheel is banging and doing whatever it is doing, but forces still feel quite nice even it does that, I think problem lies more in design of the g25/g27 wheel as gears have little gap, any fast force will make sounds and as there are really lot of quick forces as ffb is so direct, thing will be making lot of those quick movements that produce sound.

I did reduce bit of rumble strip pull from controller.ini and now I don't need to hold wheel so firmly even when going to rumble strips, so it is not as strong noise as if I would squeeze wheel with knuckles white like old lady driving that vista cruiser with towing option :D

Paul, only time that I have felt sim car going 50 at speed of 50 was when I had around 6 foot wide image around 3ft front of me, it is typical issue with sim racing that can't be done much about. In rF2 however, do something stupid like turn wheel all off sudden a lot while travelling 50 and car will not like it, like in reality, which is not always case with other sims.

For long I used 19" 4:3 monitor, only this year I bought 27" widescreen monitor, reason was that I wanted to buy monitor that is taller or same height as my 19" and had to wait price of such to come down, this is already improvement, but of course would need 3 of these at minimum to get even some feeling of speed at those low speeds.

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

And that statement is based on what? Just a blind guess? :)