Issue from build 69- again in build 107: slow motion during racing on track

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by luciak5, Sep 9, 2012.

1. luciak5

luciak5 Registered

Hey guys. Some time ago I posted that there was an issue with slow motion during gameplay. It was that during the 1:1 time during the gameplay you get 1:2 or 1:4 of speed of your car shown on the screen. To make it simple, it was as you were driving 200 kph shown on your speedometer, but you felt like and you've been driving 100 or even 50. Now the problem exists again. Some can say that my pc is notebook. Okay, but this is not a solution. I run dirt 3 with full details and 40 fps so shut your mouth then. Anyway, guys, the issue is really problematic, it's just preventing of my racing on track, it's just undriveable. I post my notebook specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 n970 @ 2.2 ghz
    Motherboard: Packard Bell SJV52_DN
    Memory: 6 Gb DDR3
    Video: AMD Radeon HD6650M

My video drivers are up-to-date at this moment ( catalyst 12.8)

2. JGraf

JGraf Registered

you do not meet the minimum CPU system requirements.

3. luciak5

luciak5 Registered

I dont think so, read carefully I have quad core not dual core and my video is more than AMD 4870

4. Philip

Philip Registered

rfactor 2 only uses 2 cores and your CPU is only 2.2GHz so that could be the issue, but your GPU is only a mid-range mobile card so a Radeon 4870 is probably faster....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Does the CPU have an option similar to Intel's speedstep? (The CPU will slow itself if it doesn't feel it is needed).

If so, try disabling that. Although the system requirements are stretching your laptop in some areas. The 6650M and 5730 don't do too well on some benchmarks when compared to desktop cards like the 8600 GT.

Also, please don't be angry at people pointing out things about your system. They are trying to give you advice, telling people to shut their mouths before they start just seems like a good way of getting no help at all...

6. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Try turning off "cool 'n quiet" in the bios. See if it helps. You may also want to check HP's site and see if there is a bios update for your laptop.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
  7. Zuteiber

Zuteiber Registered

I got the same issue, slowdowns, alot.

C2Q 2,4 Ghz
    4 GB DDR 2 Ram 800 Mhz
    Ati 5870 with 2 GB Vram
    Win 7
    3,5 Mbit DSL line

Please fix it.

Greets
    Klaus

8. JGraf

JGraf Registered

are these slow downs happening always, making the entire game unplayable?
    or
    can it be dependent on car and or track selection?
    my computer is bottom end, i can manage most cars and tracks ok, but one track in particular causes me these slow downs, that's VLM Fuji, so i can only blame my systems low performance, or the add-on track, not the game.

9. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

I had the same issue with b101 until I disabled cool 'n quiet and have not had any issues in b107.

10. luciak5

luciak5 Registered

Hey guys. I didnt think that there would be much response to the topic ;p. Anyway, I made a research on that recently to check out if there is such a problem or similar in other simracing games. Although it was only RF1 RF2 and Shift 2 Unleashed I can counclude 1 sure thing: the slowdowns in rf2 are connected to..... the cooling system. Yes, that is true. I did not believe that but I tried different setups with speedfan which I installed on my laptop to get rid of high temperatures. I cheated on the temperature sensors, because as I have 40C on my sensor, actually I have 70C coming out . And propably slowdowns are being caused by forced slowndowns of internal system in the graphics card and CPU as well.
    Solutions:
    1. Download speedfan. In the speedfan main window click configure, and in configuration go to Advanced tab. Over there you have readings from your settings of your sensors. The exact value is temperature off set. Eg mine in CPU is -43 ;p and in the graphics card is -38. i dont know how to interpretate the fan1 mult and fan1 div, although my laptop is stable enough to play the simracing games proparly. And even though it is not enough.
    2. If you have a notebook: but a cooling pad!!
    If this is stationery pc: check the inside of the main central of your pc. I was using that kind of pc and sometimes there can be some debris or dust around and on fans themselves. Clear them out to able your pc to breathe, if you know what I mean.

Connecting these 2 is the most effective solution, however not everybody can afford the cooling pad ( mine costed 40 pounds ~ 90$ --> logitech n200). And dont post that this is rf2 issue. No, its not. And thx Tim for advice. Otherwise I would not be that keen to check if that was really true, and actually lead me to right track. That should help guys.

1 person likes this.