i can't join any races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gogs Dunlop, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Gogs Dunlop

Gogs Dunlop Registered

like i check back every now and then, to see if anything has got any better with the gui, it looks good but did you take on the guys and girls that worked for nokia, because they suck. Every time I come back there are even less people racing and i can't join any races, see if there is an update mod/track button in the "mods manger" can you make it flash like f*ck because the update button is greyed out.

2. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

me too, was happily racing about a month ago have clean re-installed twice, re-installed OS done everything!!!!! now waiting for next update to avoid anymore tears:( I miss 60's spa...

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hello,

First, do you have the latest version of rFactor2 BETA, installed? v1.01?

Second, have you read/watched the tutorials on getting started in rFactor2?

Third, the update feature in the GUI is not for updating your mods.

Fourth, the "Get Mod" feature only works on servers offering it... Like mine "F3 Fanatics! With Weather!".

Fifth, in "Mod Manager" have you tried un-checking the box under "options"?

Sixth; see "Second"

Hope this helps, if it doesn't, PM me and I'll send you my Team Speak 3" information and we'll see how we can get you on the road.

Bryan

4. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

hi bryan,
    I was playing without problems since build 49 i think, since 101 (which I have installed) major online problems, just managed to squeeze in 4 laps of monaco, I get synchronisng, synchronisng and finally connection lost and that's with no other cars playing.... when i go online most the 60's servers don't let me in I'm running version 1.1, when I do get in I get the usual synchronisng, synchronisng etc. I'm an experienced RF1 player and thought RF2 was going well but I'm at a loss to understand my problems...the only thing I can think to try is to install up to 101 update by update as since the probs I've gone for the straight to 101 install? really can't be arsed at the moment, but am deeply upset that online doesn't work for me as I was absolutely loving it... not sure what you mean by step 5 (unchecking options?) will have a look at that...

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You dont have to update. A lot of us have recent full installs with no problem at all in the servers.
    Your problem is different.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, I never had any issues, just did a full re-install for the latest version and that was it really.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

What I think Birtwell is saying, at initial screen, Manage Mods/Options, uncheck ShowModsOnly and you will see all .rfcmp files you have placed at your Packages folder. You must install these by right clicking on them and if there is update, do the same.
    So you will have alll needed tracks for mods.
    Then, you check at Options ShowModsOnly and right click and install mods needed that you have placed at Packages folder.
    You can find current tracks in one torrent here
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7103-Download-All-locations-(torrent)
    from helpfull guy Abriel Nei

hope this solves all

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

9. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

thanks for the torrent download, will add all track versions, if no improvement I would welcome birtwell into my computer:D

I understand the show mods option and have installed all the mods/tracks i currently have, will report back after the torrent has finished - thanks

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

thank Abriel Nei first :)

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Did check if you any filtering for the server list?

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The mod manager is not automatic. An update asterisk isn't going to appear there unless you download an update and put it into the packages directory.

13. 88mphTim

Care to say what the actual issue is? Spa should be running absolutely fine for everyone.

14. 88mphTim

There's a known multiplayer issue with 101, only just fixed (and in internal testing) now. This may not be your issue specifically, but it's possible.

15. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

Tim, I really don't know what is going on, I was playing spa 60's almost exclusively but now always have problems with synchronising, and eventually getting connection lost? I've downloaded and installed the mods kindly torrented by Bryan but still having problems, it's not exclusive to the 60's mod either haven't been able to play for ages now....just testing a few things will report back

16. 88mphTim

Do the servers you have issues with have many entrants? There was a particularly hard bug to squash that they just did, activated when over 15 has been in a server I think... Hoping that the next update will fix things for you specifically.

17. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

I'm having the same probs when I'm the only one on the server, I'll wait for the update and hopefully that will sort it out

18. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

Not 100% yet but it seems my problems may be a faulty wireless card!!

thanks for the replies & support anyway:D

1 person likes this.