Escape forbidden and things

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Yannick Lapchin, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Yannick Lapchin

Yannick Lapchin Registered

Hello !

I had bought the beta as soon as it was out, and I really liked it. Because of lack of time and focus on Formula Simracing I decided to make a break with rFactor 2 beta (last time I played it was release 60 or close to this). But it is longtime ago that I wish there was a feature in the final version of the sim :

Will there be a possibility to forbid the use of escape during an online event ? I think it can add immersion to be forced to enter pits in practice, qualify etc. Also for Endurance events, not allow people to do escape during the race can add more threatening racing.

Also for me, best immersion would be in a league that doesn't allow HUD in race, and driver can only now the amount of fuel left, the tyre temp and pressure, etc by "radio" (with a "manager" looking datas, putting more boost when it's time, telling driver to cool the tyres etc. just like Formula 1). Of course, it's very specific vision of racing, and I know in Sim there can't be someone out of the race checking data etc...

Of course, a league would have the choice to adopt this feature or not, depending on how its members have resources to do it.

Thank you, and sorry if questions were already asked.

Yannick

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

How would you then solve undriveable cars (dead engine, or lost wheels, etc.). I can't imagine a 3-wheeled car crawling back to the pits would do the other drivers any good (especially when on a street circuit or something). In some cases it might add to the immersion, but I think in the cases I just mentioned it would really be a pain in the 'S' to almost (if not) everyone.....

3. Yannick Lapchin

This is exactly the immersion I'd like to have. Car struggling out of the racing line with yellow flags is part of racing. Also when a car is stopped in middle of track and can't be evacuated by the driver itself (by pressing escape), it's a good occasion to have safety car, which is part of racing too. Then this car would be sent out of server by the administrator of the race/server.
    I already drove a 10h race in Road Atlanta with the rule : "Escape forbidden till the administrators give you authorization". We had some good realistic feelings with it. And this rule was respected only thanks to good behaviour of the players, but never could be checked if respected.
    If the game could only give the possibility to the administrators to press escape for the driver, the realism would be respected in any case, and force driver to take care of the car (because behind it's computer we don't have to take care of our legs). In race most driver try to finish the race (not the case for everyone though), but in practice, I really dislike stopping the car just after the finish line and press escape, to be able to start a new hotlap only 1min30s later.

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

5. modmate

modmate Registered

You just cannot imagine how damn often the safetycar will go out then. You`ll will loose all the racing fun in a short time for sure.

6. Radar

Radar Registered

Easy.. you have your own community and set it up the way you want, while the others will choose to not have the safety car come out all the time because someone can't get their car back to the pits, gives up and leaves it on the side of the road..

Why forbid a setting that has no benifits to anyone other than the very few??

I can see it now, you have a 10 min qualiyfing session to put in your best lap, you hit the side of a wall at Monaco on your 1st timed lap and spend 8 mins limping it back to the pits, get the car repaired and go out with only 30 secs left....

Gee, I wonder how many people will get frustrated with that forbidden feature......

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Esc should be allowed, but car shouldn't dissapear when Esc is pressed. Instead, safety team should pick it up and remove from track when player leaves it (by pressing Esc).
    If damaged car is off the road you would have a local yellow. If it's on the road then you would have safety car deployed.

Forcing player to remove his car manually or wait for admin's reaction is a bad idea.

Adding actual safety teams would require some work though and I don't think ISI will focus on that anytime soon.

8. Yannick Lapchin

Why give up when it's a race that is important in championship ?

You didn't understand what I was saying. In my message "feature" doesn't mean the ability to press escape for a driver, but a possibility for a league, to choose to forbid escape in their main events.
    And I'm sure that there will be only few leagues that will choose to forbid escape pressing in their events, so the anti forbid escape people wouldn't be impacted.

I didn't come to say to ISI to delete the possibility to press escape in the sim, I'm just trying to help sim community and give the idea of a feature that a league community, in the accordance of members, can switch on or switch off.

Regarding "safety team" resources, there are some leagues where races are held by one or several race directors who can decide to evacuate a car or not.

Also nobody speaks about the idea of giving to an outside follower the ability to read data etc.

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Because your car has only 3 wheels remaining, has a bend suspension so won't drive anywhere near straight anymore, giving you a big chance to lose control into another car. That driver will then protest against your irresponsible driving, and you will get a DQ + maybe a 1 race ban.

Just one possible example, but there are many more allong these lines possible ;)

I'm not saying that I don't like the idea though, just that it needs to be looked at very carefully before such an idea would work as intended!!!

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I like the idea. I would like to see blood on windshield when i have serious crash and the car not work anymore but people told me to play GTA instead rfactor.

11. Simon Melhuish

Simon Melhuish Registered

I've been wanting an option like this for years!!

It would make having a human safety car in league races actually worth it. I guess it could work something like... when you hit escape after a big accident it has a timer counting down (5 minutes should be plenty of time) to when you actually leave the track, call it 'track worker time' or something.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I would not want to use it for myself or my league but there's nothing wrong with having options, the more the better i say :)

13. Yannick Lapchin

Thank you for upping this topic Denstjiro :)

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Saw it in the other thread and thought it was relevant enough for a bump :)

15. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Ideas sound wonderful :)

This sounds like a good addition to the feature request to me, as the driver is out of the race anyway and won't be able to continue.

It's really an immersion breaker for me, in a race a couple of days ago I was leaving the pits and got a blue flag so I slowed down to let the guy past. He did an emergency stop onto some runoff and vanished :p Sometimes I feel all the trouble that ISI is putting into, to ensure and increase ,immersion, is totally diminished by some features making the end result less than what it could be.

16. Yannick Lapchin

Well to be honnest I proposed a way to make it more immersive. No matter how things are done but I just would like not to see cars disappear suddenly because its driver just wants to add one click front wing and go again. That just kills the immersion.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You are not in a League Yannick so you join servers via the list?

18. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Having this as an option will allow an even greater realism, which is excellent! Another option, in case of a crash, could be to include the repair time as a countdown before it would become possible to drive again.

19. Yannick Lapchin

I'm not driving in a league on rFactor2 atm as season has not started yet. I used to drive FSR WC.
    I sometimes join a server on lobby list just to have fun and enjoy great realism, in rFactor2.

20. Manta

Manta Registered

I'm with Yannick. An option to disable quick-pit (esc) would be fantastic as it does kill the immersion when cars just disappear.