View bug, gamebreaker

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Flipside, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Flipside

Flipside Registered

I posted this in the wrong place a week ago ( sorry )....
    But it's still very present, so I thought I would back it up with a vid :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx3Ib2KS6mY&feature=youtu.be

For no apparent reason, the game switches to behind view at high rpm at Monte Carlo, at the harbour coming out of the tunnel, lasting 'till the final hairpin. I have not set any buttons to look back, so it's not a hanging button. This happens even if I use the keyboard as a controller.
    All aids set to off ( not when I use the keys btw ;)).

This does not happen on other tracks, only if I hit something first. It makes no difference if I turn invulnerability on or off. All other series run just fine, atleast the ones I've tried. But since I'm mostly here for the old cars, it's a real pain that I cannot run Monte Carlo without this happening.

I should add here too, that I run the following driving games/sim's with no issues at all :
    rFactor(1), GPL, GTL, GTR +7, F1 2010 - 11, C.A.R.S and GRID.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Long shot perhaps, but just in case: Check all the cables to and from the steering wheel base, pedals and gearstick (if you have one) so that none of them have started to come loose. My pedal connector had begun to disconnect once, and it created all sorts of weird effects.

Also: If you do map a button for "Look behind", does it still happen?

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I noticed in the other thread you say your mate has the same problem. Do you and your friend share a similar setup?

I ask because no one else on this forum has this problem and if the Devs can't recreate this problem, they can't fix it.

I think if you find what you and your mate have in common (computer wise) you might find the problem. Sounds very much like a hardware/driver issue because you get it when on the keyboard as well.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes I have had same bug when flat stick at Spa and using rear view 1 in 50 times or so I will see the rollbar in the F3 Eve.

But.... I have never ever seen it without pressing the rearview button on my wheel. ?

Has he tried not mapping rear view.

Once matching build and components are finished this will be fixed.

5. JGraf

JGraf Registered

that video, is the monitor resolution manipulated for the video, or is that how you see the game? very strange...
    i also notice your FOV is like 100 with the seat pulled way forward, do you really drive that way? ...
    i suggest reinstalling the game fresh, unaltered (new .plr file) native monitor resolution, and test before making any changes.

6. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

I read the old thread, and based on your video, the only thing I can suggest is:

• Create a new PLR file and
    • make sure no inputs are assigned to Look Behind, and also Look Left and Look Right (both pressed simultaneously will activate Look Behind).

7. Flipside

Flipside Registered

Thanks for your replies, but I'm afraid I have tried almost everything with controller settings, and I don't believe this is where the problem is anymore...these next few days, I will do some serious testing, it seems some graphic settings makes this worse, so there might be some hope if I can narrow it down. I will report back to this thread.
    @ JGraf : I use eye-finity, and I sit really low irl, can only see the wheels and the mirrors, so I tend to sit a little high in the game, a few older pics : http://www.flipside.dk/myracesetup.htm
    @ Luc Van Camp : Thanks m8, but I've already tried this, to no avail. No buttons are set to look anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  8. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Maybe try to exclude as many non standard things like eye-finity (disable second graphics card if you have two), disconnect your wheel, etc
    Might be something with the graphic settings - again I would try to disable eye-finity and also any "profiles" that are loaded by the graphic driver. Another option - load default rf2 settings (don't know if it is possible to reset to defaults without reinstall).

9. Mister_Q

Mister_Q Registered

I had a similar issue yesterday. I didn't get the "behind" view - it was more like a "look 45 degrees right". It flicks back to normal after a few seconds, but it's very distracting. It was my first go of build 101 and I hadn't noticed the problem in earlier builds.

I'm also running a 3 screen setup (nvidia). Don't know if that has something to do with it.

10. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I would definitely try to disable multi monitors to see if the problem lies there.
    Might also be worth a look into the graphics card/driver forums if someone has reported something similar (maybe in another game).

11. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I'm running eyefinity and don't have this issue. Are you using plugins like head movement?
    I would also suggest to change FOV to default and seat position back to normal. I doubt it has something to do with the tripple screen setup however these two parameters are often change by people using 3screens. So before disconneting gfx and soldering new wires on your motherboard,I'd try this-;)

12. Flipside

Flipside Registered

After hours of testing, back and forth, graphic setups etc... I was about to give up, I scanned the forum in desperation, and there it was...my controller setup did not save, and by default ( obviously ) there are two buttons for looking left and right...
    I deleted my PLR-file, and just checked when I entered the game for the 1st time again ; two buttons for looking left and right ( doooh )...
    I made sure to untick both, saved my setup, exited the game without doing further. When I came back in, the two buttons were there again...So I started the game in Admin-mode, unticked the two buttons, saved...and guess what...Now it's working :)
    A big thank you to Luc Van Camp, who put me on the right track by telling me that the two buttons pressed together would make you look back. I still don't understand which buttons I was supposed to have pressed though...but who cares, now it's running flawlessly... ( much rejoyce ) :D

13. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Good to see this resolved :) .

1 person likes this.
  14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Perhaps it's a good idea not to use Program Files as default installation folder anymore? :)

Lots of people still tend to just "click fast forward" over installation process and if default setting create issues, then these are wrong default settings.

15. perplex

perplex Registered

add this to the "DOH" Thread pls...