Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes, $60 sounds reasonable, rFactor is from 2005 and I think that UI needs "facelift" I am not talking about new core just a"facelift" to make it to look a bit more modern ,if not, I am afraid that will ruin the reputation of ISI :confused::)

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Why on Earth would rF1 go on Steam? Just to bleed even more potential purchasers away from rF2?

Anyone who wants rF1 today can buy GSC Extreme and get a bunch of cool content in the process.

rF2 is technically superior in every way and is only missing a user-friendly and newbie-friendly presentation and updating operation, which as I said above, desperately needs to occur regardless of any contemplation of Steam. There are enough complaints here from the rabid fans without adding all the yahoos on Steam to the party. And they would use rF1 presence ahead of/instead of rF2 as further proof for their conspiracy theories.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

1- Because rF 1 is a long-time finished product with no further development
    2- It has likely exhausted any and all sales in its current format of both game and distribution
    3- Selling it for $10-20 dollars without having to do any work on the foundation, reaching thousands of people and potentially selling thousands of copies at that price
    4- Lay a foundation for the rFactor name and have some brand recognition
    5- By the time rF2 makes its way to Steam, it will likely be a couple of years from now and more polish will have gone into it (certainly it should have all the core to the same level)
    6- Do you completely forego buying Counter Strike Global Offensive because Counter Strike Source is available?

I am not keen on Steam-only game arguments but there is a business case to it. If ISI can maintain their independent distribution system, even better.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

It would be absolute tops if all the mods considered to be great ones can be integrated into the workshop. I never had rF1, I had all the Simbin titles. If it was in the 10-20 dollar range and the mods were easy as to work with, I'd buy it, no doubt.

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yup the simbin games were great on steam. I fondly remember them changing the file structure of race 07 without telling anyone and subsequently screwing up my 30 gig of add ons. The league I was in at the time had to be cancelled. Steam is great.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I see no advantages in offering rF1 on steam either.
    Other then the quick dollars that will come due to blind buyers.
    Will be interesting to see how the integration of mods will be with the steam version...

7. simfactor

simfactor Registered

first of all forgiveness for English 'm Brazilian, why tracks like Montreal , Monza , barcelona that exist in the RF1 did not exist in the RF2 ? how difficult to have more clues known in content , many sims has deeper tracks of content that the RF2

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Monza partially exists (only one format) and good question about the others. But only Montréal and Silverstone were ok, Barcelona and Nürburgring were woeful.

9. simfactor

simfactor Registered

Guimengo, thank you

Monza current as in RF1 had various formats , I only see a conversion why not more work because if you have the track , incidentally Nurburgring is being done ... it's so difficult to make a graphical update to Montreal and Monza ?

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

95% of the rF1 mods would not be on Steam because they are "illegal." Just as the rF2 ones will be.

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Formula SimRacing has both circuits converted, you can download here. A lot of work was spent on improving Montreal in particular (it's based on rF1 Montreal).

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, because it's more than graphics. Increase polygon count on track for realroad, more detail in trackside objects, better textures have to be made from scratch since the rF2 lighting system is different, new AI paths, and soon you're looking at scratch-building the track to get it up to rF2 standards.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Thought we all settled this 3 years ago. :confused:

You guys. :rolleyes:

lol

If a driver don't know or can feel the difference between a $10-20 sim and rF2 ? ..............well they have no right even buying it. lopl

Especially after 3 years :rolleyes:

I am sick of listening to people worrying about users of "other" sims then in the same sentence bagging rF2 for shadows or some BS.

lol ;)

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It should be noted these FSR tracks, from my experience, do not have good AI so if it is for offline racing you're very much out of luck with content.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sounds like a great reason to me, get a trickle of newcomers into RF1 and they soon find out abut RF2 and buy that as well, ISI For The Win!

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

rF1 going on Steam is a much better idea than rF2. I see no disadvantages of rF1 going on Steam. There are a couple of old retro games I've seen show up there lately and I think it's a good idea.

My question is though will I be able to register my non Steam copy with Steam? I doubt it but thought I'd ask anyway.

17. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I seem to remember when gtr2 went on steam my old copy wouldn't register. Then they offered it for 99cents or some low price so I grabbed it only to find some original content from my boxed version missing, I think it might have been Porsche. Years ago now.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Both my GTL and GTR2 copies registered. You lost the Porsche and Ferrari content on Steam, to get it back you must apply the 1.1 update that you can find around the net.

19. Falcon

Falcon Registered

I would really like to know what will happen to those who don't want a steam version. I am not interested in steam and I don't like their policies. So, if I buy rFactor 2 now will I be forced to use steam when you guys move on to it? This is what is really hindering my decision to buy rFactor 2.

20. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I would think, that they will offer both, but no idea.
    As far as I read there will be more details on it in a Q&A, but I think it wont happen next year, so I would say buy it. I cant believe ISI will make it steam only, that would upset way to many people.
    If you buy it now at least steam doesnt get a part of the revenue ;)