Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Too true man! :)
    We don't a spotter plugin. We totally need an 'overly excited Japanese voiceover plugin'! Just two exited Japanese commentators screaming 'HAI CRASH-EEEEEEH!' over each other. :D

Seriously an ISI quality Suzuka would be more than anything I could ever wish for. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

We need "insert last race weekends race track here"!!! :p

Anyway, sorry for OT, couldn't help myself.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

We desperately need an ISI version of Soch.... no wait, too soon for that. Sorry.. :D

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

We desperately need to make a riot to fight against Sochis existence, i think its an insult to even call it a race track, how can they make a modern track that is sooo **** i dont know

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That's what I've been saying for a while now. Not the riot part lol, but how anyone can think up a track this bland and completely soulless is beyond me. I thought we had seen the worst of the Tilke-dromes but no. I literally can't tell one single corner from the next. Awful.

Nonetheless, I do expect someone begging for it here before too long. Lol :p

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hehe, yea thats what i thought since i saw the first rendered animations, long boring same angle turns that will be uninteresting for racing and totally eating tyres, so the lap time will be determined more by who is willing to screw his tyres more... Suzuka is in my opinion the best track F1 has ever raced on, its so massively challenging and so technical to get right, i would definetly LOVE to see it in rF2, i dont give a dung about Sochi tho. (Not saying that i expect ISI to make Suzuka, but it would be really awesome :) )
    I dont even have the modders one :-(

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It's really interesting how people judge tracks. I don't know which tracks are Tilke-designed and which are not, so I don't have that bias.

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Soch is out there ;)

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sochi suchs :p. Like Yeongam, Buddh, Yas Marina, Marina Bay, etc etc etc. Their virtual counterparts could be amazing in recreation but you can't fix something with a bad source, much like the Sakhir track we have.

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, sakhir "can" be nice with some cars. I have enjoyed some laps there in the past (I believe it was rF1, or otherwise F1challenge :p ). And maybe Sochi will be nice as well. But I think that will mainly about driving it in Sim. What I saw of it so far, really makes me think that it will be a boring track to watch. It reminds me a lot of the Valencia street circuit. In both cases it is called a street circuit, but it does have runnoff on the exit of corners. You can push to hard without hitting the barriers. That is what IMO makes tracks like Monaco, and Singapore (on most parts that is) proper street circuits. The quickest way is (almost) brushing the barrier, so try to optimise your lap to much, and you have damage.

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I'm looking forward to this track, especially the kart track :) (Lots of people seem to have forgotten how great the karts are, but man do I love them, just not so much the Quebec Kart track :p )

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Holy crap I was playing on the Dallas kart track. I have no idea if that's a fantasy track or real-life track but it's awesome and looks great.

Amazing.

13. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Wait was it known that AMS was planned? :cool:

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Thanks, and yep it's a real track

15. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Just finished doing a bunch of laps@Dallas and still have the grin on my face. Mucho gracias, one more time, PlickB :)

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You made that? It is very high quality!

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

Iirc, a Tilke track had been licenced, that's all I had heard before though.
    I looked it up, and it seems kinda similar to that Bilster Berg track. Sounds fun XD

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

AMS looks like a blast to race on. It will be very very interesting to try it out.

19. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net