FFB question to DEVs..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bokoboko, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just had a another few hours on new build

Yep ffb gone slightly back a step since last build (still good though )

I'm missing the very connected feeling to the front wheels that existing prior to build 101

The front wheel drive Clio I could feel the front wheels accelaratation and losing grip slightly,
    The formula Renault 3.5 has a very slight floaty feeling now

Some of the vintage feel phoniminal but I can't compare to how they felt prior to this build but they really showcase what this rf2 ffb can do.

Tried (in rfactor) 1.00 through to 2.00

I have tried fiddling with car setups etc to try and get back the feel but nothing seemed to work etc

I use a t500 , set at 65% in thrustmaster profile, (tried 55/60/80 etc - 60 to 65 is about right for these wheels )

Perhaps it's a slight incompatibility between builds and will be corrected/optimised on gold -only understandable if this is the case

Did notice a few other things but I'm aware previous tracks have been roughly optimised to prior builds etc so no problem.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Gosh -suddenly a few threads cropped up re.ffb

I copied my post so it's on two of them

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

How does but kicker work? Does / can it provide additional information about what the car is doing or is it just about immersion, bumps in road, etc.?

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Kknorpp001

A buttkicker works using sound frequencies produced from the sim,

It simply adds to the immersion ( alot ), I use 4 on my rig, I set them so they give me a natural vibration the same feeling as if in a real car, the frequency of the vibrations change with the frequency of the engine tones etc

Simvibe software from simexperience is about to be released which will enable greater control over frequencies as they will become outward driven and not driven by the sounds which will take them to a greater level of control

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I think there is one more thing you have to consider: "NominalMaxSteeringTorque" parameter in HDV.
    It works as a threshold for FF torque at a given value. Take a look at that parameter for BRT20. 14Nm, it says for the car.
    Now, how much max torque your steering wheel can provide? You have G25/G27? That's about 3Nm of max torque, if I remember correctly. What does it mean for you? If everything set at "neutral"/"linear" values (like FF multiplier etc.) you will feel FF about 4.5 times weaker than you should. Again: 4.5 times! And you can't get over that by simply bumping FF multiplier up to 4.5, because then your FF will be oversaturated. To really enjoy full dynamics of FF, you "simply" need hi-torque wheel (and good simracing cockpit, able to handle such load without braking apart ;-) ).
    And by the way, one of my race cars in rF 2 peaks at about 30Nm during normal driving around a race track and it is a lower GT class car. Of course, that is without power steering.

1 person likes this.
  6. dest1ny49

dest1ny49 Registered

FFB with T500RS is very good and gives a lot "information".
    I Think problems with FFB are mostly problems with hardware. Logitech G25/27 are not bad, but not good enough for rF2, so its not ISI's fault if something feels not "right" with this wheels. Most games/sims are "cheating" with FFB, rF2 does not, thats the "problem".
    You can not feel something through FFB that the wheel can not "transfer".

I had a G25 myself earlier, but as I got the T500RS everything changes, these are two different worlds, even Race07 is a new game for me. I Thought physics is "bad" with this title, but it was the way FFB feels with G25.

To have a real good FFB you need a wheel with high power AND high range between weakest and strongest force the wheel can produce at the same time. The T500RS is very good at this, Fanatecs CSR Elite or Clubsportwheel maybe to.

7. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

I like very much rFactor 2 FFB (with G25). Maybe it's not perfect (what can be?) or it doesn't give enough info as some seem to think, but for me it's one of the best, if not the best.

I like it so much with the Clio than I can't race anything else. :)

8. Jos

Jos Registered

the problem with the g27 is the toyish oscilation feeling it gives with rf2, probably the same with g25 but i think the helical gears are more sensitive to this.

9. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Thanks for the info. I use a G27 yes, and am still very much pleased with it, although I came to understand that high-end physics and ffb request for high-end wheels to translate it all.

Greets,

R.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Couldnt have said it better myself

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Agreed.

Even going from G27 to a GT3 RS there is a HUGE difference. The Logitech wheels just cannot translate the FFB accurately.

12. Magus

Magus Registered

Crazy thing is I love the feeling I get with my G25 & the comments I'm reading above make me quite excited at the prospect of if & when I can get a new wheel.

13. Magus

Magus Registered

For the 1st time tonight I tried online races & not sure if I am imagining things but is it possible that the FFB feels different in multi than in single? A lot lighter with less feeling of the track?

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Nooooooo !

I like the new build except this new ffb -it's a step backwards )-:

Wish we could roll just the ffb back to last builds ))))))-:

( t500 )

15. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Yeah I wondered about this too.

16. arnomar

arnomar Registered

For me the FFB is clearly better from the last build (101), more consistent (not necessary to play with controller.ini like i've done for old bulids);

But I've au huge FPS Drop :/ for the first time ... We cannot win in all ;p

(T500 too)

17. Magus

Magus Registered

I don't have an issue with 101 in single player but when I took the Clio out on Mills Inner Loop C on multiplayer without a previous car setup the FFB felt very weak compared to playing on Mills Inner Loop B with a car setup that I had in single player. I thought it might be the setup so I applied the Mills B setup on the car at Mills C online but had no change.

So my question is to the devs is if it is possible that some of the information from the FFB is somehow lost when playing online?