FFB wheel loses ffb when pause game

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by boblug, Aug 5, 2012.

1. boblug

boblug Registered

When I pause the game the ffb dissapears. Can we have the old "Q" key reboot ffb back please.

2. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

You can assign FFB Reset to any key/button, go to settings/controls in game, then click the devices tab there you will find the FFB Reset which you can assign to a key or button of your choice,hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  3. boblug

boblug Registered

great thanks didnt see it there.

4. MaunoKasa

MaunoKasa Registered

I have this kind of bug aswell. First i drive normally with ffb. Then i return to monitor and join again, and ffb is lost completely. Have to exit and join again to get that back. Its annoying if you dont test your wheel movement before racestart and have to race without ffb :)

5. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I know this has occurred occasionally in the past, but did you folks notice it happening more often with the new build 101?

Regardless, I'd recommend assigning the FFB Reset button as privatebrian says, in case it happens again. I've actually been able to reproduce this bug in the debugger, and we don't seem to be getting any error codes back so it looks like everything is working fine from our point-of-view. In other words, there's no way for us to detect that your FFB isn't currently working!

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yes.

I can go out and have FFB.
    I pause the game, unpause it and I get centering force only.
    Pause it again, unpause and FFB is back.

Of course it's not like it works in cycles - this is just an example. Everytime I unpause the game there is like 20-30% chance I'll get centering force instead of FFB. Pausing/unpausing again helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  7. MaunoKasa

MaunoKasa Registered

Cant say for certain but it feels its happening more with new build. Its happens lets say 40% of joinings(Exit to monitor and join back to track). FFB reset button helps of course but this shouldnt be normal :) So somehow game disconnect ffb when exiting to monitor/settings and when joining back it "forgot" to connect it back.

Doesnt happen with any others sims either.

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

I would just like to say, i've noticed this problem since build 90 (which was very bad for me),and although i have had the same problem with build 101, it has been less frequent, but all the same not a nice experience when it happens at the start of a online race when your wheel goes all loose and is difficult to control, hence why i knew where the FFB Reset was :)

9. Gammatzu

Gammatzu Registered

I have the same problem with the CSW on build 107.

Regards

10. perdy450

perdy450 Registered

Yep same here.

The wheel is a CSR and if I pause or alt-tab out of the game and come back FFB has gone completely and never comes back without restarting the game (and even then on occasion it still hasn't worked).

Didn't know you could reset the FFB so will assign a button. At least that will make it playable again :)

11. perdy450

perdy450 Registered

Tried the button now.

The most common time for FFB not to work is straight from the off at the pit stall but the 'resetting FFB' button works now, sometimes it requires resetting twice and once 3 times.