No dedicated server update without full install?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by KO0, Aug 3, 2012.

1. KO0

KO0 Registered

Our league has a dedicated server (with dedicated HW), without license, and recently ISI has adopted a policy which always requires a full install when updating to a new build. Is this intentional decision, or (hopefully) something that will be fixed? It is somewhat silly to be forced to upload ~0.5 GB file to server, instead of ~40 MB file. I don't mind that automatic updating does not work at this time with dedicated server without license, but I do hope that updating from a update file instead of full install will soon be available - again.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

There is an update 90-101.
    It's 40MB and took me 30 seconds to download.

You must have missed it :)

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

you need log in for update.

dedicated server haven't licence. i had to use full installer.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

New policy? Has been the same since rF2 B49 I think... You could just login and activate on the server with your purchase... Otherwise yes, just use the full installer for now.

5. JWE

JWE Registered

Wouldn' t that be a problem when you have 4/5 dedicated servers? You would have to log in on each server.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Absolutely, yes, you would run out. But then there isn't another way to do it other than I suggested right now. If you want to be in rF2 early as you are, you might not have everything you want until its made available.

7. KO0

KO0 Registered

Thanks Tim for your answers. I don't want to use my own license to update our league dediserver because the server is not mine, but owned by our league. It's a bit odd that you can run dediserver without license, but you can't update it (apart from doing a full install). From your last reply I assume dediserver updating will be fixed someday. That's good news. No big deal waiting for it. ;)

8. KO0

KO0 Registered

I didn't miss the update file. Of course I tried it first. After that failing I decided to ask here why you can run but not update dediserver without license.

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Try to copy files from your home installation into a server. Maybe it will work.

10. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thank god ISI are slow at releasing updates....having to do a full reinstall each time is a pain.