HDR Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrokkelPiloot, Jul 13, 2012.

1. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there are some HDR profiles out there? The default HDR settings are extremely bright, so for now I'll leave it off. The weird thing is that when I make screenshots, the screens are much less bright than the actual in-game experience. As far as I know there are no brightness and/or contrast levels settings in the game itself. Is this correct? Would be nice if could try out some other settings though.

Cheers!

Thijs

2. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

+1

I suppose waiting for all things graphical to be completely finished, but I would very much like to play around with the HDR profiles

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There is no HDR profiles for end users.
    Each track creator may develop own HDR profile to use with his track. But user is not able to change it.

IMO it is wrong approach, but you know.. it has been discussed a lot of times around on this forum. At the end it is up to ISI.

Sounds like HDR not applied for screenshot. But it would be reported by a lot of shot makers, which is not.

4. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Okay, I understand that. It's a decision made by ISI, but then why is there an option HDR Profiles in the option menu?
    I agree and I think they'll make the right calls.

5. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

So, does anyone know why there is no brightness and contrast adjustment settings? It seems like a basic option to me, even for a beta.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unless Maxym knows something I don't, I believe they are temporarily disabled, not permanently. I think we said that in build notes when we disabled them.

7. blakboks

blakboks Registered

What kind of monitor do you have? Some have a "Dynamic Contrast" which changes the backlighting according to the overall brightness. Does it still seem less bright if you view your screenshot full-screen?

Also, another thing that could affect this are application specific settings in your graphics card's control panel. I believe some let color settings can be set per program.

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

after reading my post again I must agree it is not clear.
    I mixed two things:
    1. currently hdr profiles are not available for end user probably because hdr is under construction and its result will change I believe.

2. providing possibility of using user hdr profiles has no sense if content is prepared to look good only with specific hdr settings, different for each track (current state). of course it would be another story if user hdr profiles will work relative to original result, not replacing bound hdr created by track author.

9. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Fortunately I have learned a long time ago to never use the awful marketing trick called Dynamic Contrast:p
    As far as I know I have the default settings in the Catalyst Control Center (AMD HD 6870). I would like to keep them that way, because I have calibrated my monitor as good as possible (due to ****ty factory calibrations these days). Ideally I would like to change settings like gamma, contrast and brightness in-game to correct for deviations inherited from the game's rendering engine.

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I think you should familiarize yourself with what HDR profiles actually do before making statements like this one :)