[WIP] Fxaa settings for Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by modmate, Jul 3, 2012.

1. modmate

modmate Registered

@dawave

I dont like that look, and its also not more realistic, lets take the bridge with Good year logo. Do you think it will look like yours if the sun is shining on it, i dont think so. Also my setup is nowhere near cartoonish like a i.e. enb would be.

And you just see sharpening in the pictures ??? Seriously?
    Ive added Fxaa, Sharpening, Blur and Bloom settings wich are obvious if you look at fulscreen Pictures and compare them.

Anyway, evryone got a different sense for immersion and looks thats it. If you want some different you may need to open up another thread for your own settings. For me your post is a sort of Spam cause you post pics of your own settings wich doesnt belong into MY thread, right?

No offense really!!

Just make a new thread and im sure some will check out yours aswell.

Greets

2. daWave

daWave Registered

ok m8, got it, YOUR thread, wasn't meant to spam. Good luck...

3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

That's primarily what I noticed as well.

4. modmate

modmate Registered

So you dont see that FXAA and Bloom is enabled? Does this immersion of you is about the screenshot or have you tried it?
    Or let me ask, what would you like to see else then Fxaa,Sharpening and Bloom?

Its a bit strange btw to hear "its just sharpening not more" and then "cartoonish colors".:D
    Anyway, i cannot say that enough, but everyone got his own likings, so if you dont like it , dont use it.

Next time i`d like to see some constructive feedback or ideas instead of the above, i know that sounds ruff, but it starts to get annoying and seems to be just a proof why i dont release my settngs usually before some tested these. I mean, honestly if you know you wont use the FXaa settings why would you come here and post stuff like " never liked that...useless", "do something else instead",..and so on?

Doesnt that sound more rude and disrespectfull?
    I dont want to see 1000 thanks here, but i can ask for a constructive feedback if i offer my beta settings or not?
    sincerly i know how ISI must feel with all those morrons complaining about rf2 instead of givin feedback.:(

Greets Modmate

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

My constructive criticism is as follows: if you insist on developing an FXAA injector, don't over-sharpen the image.

I realize that FXAA blurs the textures a little, which warrants the use of sharpening, but don't overdo it.

1 person likes this.
  6. modmate

modmate Registered

Here we go. Thats true its a bit too much right now even if i limited the effect. I will work further on it and post another version.

Greets

7. Dimahoo

Dimahoo Registered

Have you thought about downsampling to sharpen?
    Then use injector to colour.

8. daWave

daWave Registered

This is something that might be aimed for as a workaround as long as ISI adjusts that cartoonish HDR-look. IMHO.

9. modmate

modmate Registered

Hi,

Not yet, but i dont do anything to the actual "color" with my settings. No gamma ,saturation nor exposure and also no more sepia filter. But i know i have to get rid a bit of the sharpening effect, wich is not that easy cause its looking way different on each track.

Thats work of some other member so you call that feedback?
    Also, i would like to add HDR with the injector BUT, the way it get applied is different then the Injector does and it doesnt look that well. You see also that darkening amount in that video wich is way too much due to not effective HDR and at least for me doesnt look realistic. If you drive in a REAL car outside in the sun you get a complete different immersion then in the video above.
    Lets see the Track surface compared to that in my Screenshots, what do you guess?

10. 7HUND3R

7HUND3R Registered

No longer does the FXAA injector with 64 versions of rFactor2 bts?