ARI Fun Race 4 @ Brianza Alternative 10K

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fergy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

No problem for me to change to Monday night if it means more racers being able to race. I don't watch football but I know a lot of people do so a change is ok by me.

2. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Ok firstly i would like to apologise to Wim (Navigator) as i wrongly accused him of causing a accident
    of which we were both involved,so Wim sorry mate,secondly i've decided to take no further part in
    any league events until RF2 is out of Beta.

Thanks Brian

p.s The accident was my fault not Wims.

1 person likes this.
  3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Brian, but sh*t happens, especially without good mirrors, so no problem mate.
    Can't really speak of a fault when you can't see, right?

A shame you withdraw, really would like to race with you; hope to see you soon when beta is over (and hopefully earlier still)

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I didnt say that you do. I dont think, or believe that you do either.

But since it seems to me you are taking these things so emmotionally and personaly, we dont have a common area to communicate.

You see, for me, this is a game to have fun with, make friends and have laughs. If it gets serious I dont want to have any part in this. I have enough problems in my life, thank you. So please no pms, I dont wish to continue this.

regards, nikos

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Nikos, really, you are getting this all wrong mate, seriously!

My question was JUST about the points and what it meant. I understand green is okay, but tripple green? I didn't know....that and just that, was my question. Nothing emotionly about that.

You started "what more do you want?" so I asked for an explanation about that.

I didn't want to continue this here so I sent a pm.
    Really, look at my question again, there is nothing "serious" about. It's nice you have that much points and I think youu deserve them all; I helped donating because you helped me.
    As for that: "you are my hero" ;) so all deserved and really(!!) no serious "undertone" intended, by no means!!

(Sorry to say, but I think you're thinking the wrong way about this, or you're taking it to serious, well intended)

6. Kalanur

Kalanur Registered

Guys calm down. We are all from different Nations with different languages and unlike in real life we can't use gestures or facial expressions to express ourselves better except for smilies :)
    So don't take every word you read too serious because it could mean something totally different than you first think.
    I'm coming on your server because it looks like nice small and fair community and I'm having fun with you. But sometimes I see the famous Language barrier breaking the mood for some people, which is kinda sad to see :/

I hope nobody takes this as an insult because it's definately not meant as one. I'm looking forwards to race with ALL of you again :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, I really have to take back what I said before about this track being boring; it's all but that! (Driving alone, it can be)
    Had some great fights yesterday and days before, fighting with Mel, yesterday with Marcel W (don't know who and if he is on this forum though).

You can have a fight for lap after lap, not getting away from each other; giving a great sense of immersion.
    Streaming, take your place back, lose your place again and that 5 times or more per lap :)

Yesterday with Marcel, we got to a point we were driving wheel to wheel, getting wheels inside each other without touching at one point even. Driving next to each other on the bankings; so cool!

At one point, coming up the tart-finish straight having to go left, he pulled out beside me but couldn't get passed by me quick enough. I held a line so I would come out just left off the guardrail, calling Marcel's bluff, hoping he would back off and go in behind me......damn....he stayed there (very cool!!) and so he called my bluff :) at the last moment I gave him space off course but it was intense!! WOW! He had nowhere to go, but didn't touch me and waited patiently, haha, speaking of balls! ;)

But then I screwed up, beside him towards the parabolica, passing him very close, not wanting to get off the line to much and I touched him, killing us both.
    I felt like crap, such a nice fight......Marcel was very cool about that and that's very nice, but couldn't help overcome I was sick about my mistake and ending anthers race.
    Replay showed it was me going into him while in game, I was sure I was driving straight.

That's the down side, shame these things happen here, more than on another circuit, but this really is waaay cool!

8. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

I don't know what mayority would preffer. In my opinion (and as I am not a football fan) I would keep it sunday as it is what has helped this league to have so many drivers (the rest of the days of the week seem busier to everybody in an average)

9. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Those battles are what make this kind of tracks so emotional and so dangerous at the same time. :D

10. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Brian, Don't leave the league, misunderstandings are inevitable, the important thing is that we all enjoy ourselves and it stays friendly. This is a learning process, from how we race next to someone at 100+ mph to how we deal with other things. If something in particular has made you feel like leaving then lets discuss it before you decide you don't want to race any more.
    Some races or even whole evenings might leave you frustrated at something but on the whole I think it is still a fun experience and one worth being involved.

11. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

Great post! I was lucky enough to log onto the server as yourself and Marcel were having a battle and couldn't quite believe it when you went two wide into the banking. Great racing!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hehe, did you make screenshots? :)

It was nice and SO intense!! You wouldn't believe the grip I had on my steering wheel.....didn't notice it back then, but I was holding it pretty hard :)
    Marcel is a great driver, keeping the car very straight (unlike me unfortunately) and was fair as can be; we were both not giving lots of room, but just enough; as I said; so intense! :)

13. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

I have to register to this event! :D

14. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

I'm registered now for this race?
    Sorry i'm very new in this League.

15. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

You are registered for the season as I can see you at this link

http://www.league.sr4l.com/index.php?dataarray[dest]=drivers

You don't have to register specifically for each race, just turn up on the night. Remember you will need the password to get into the server as it is locked during the league race).
    In the meantime I hope to see you on the server before then, some great practice sessions are taking place and some intense races.

16. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Thank you :)
    I will definetly come to the server when practice is open :)

17. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Just on what Andy was saying, for these Fun Races you will not need to register. I can't see us filling the server at the moment. As ARI grows and Leagues develop of course this would be different.

Viel spaß
    Bryan

18. Fergy

Fergy Registered

You can race with out registering while our Fun Race League is running but it's a lot more fun to be apart of the our League system and see all your race stat's, points and so on.
    You can sign up for Sim Racing League and Forum on the first page of this thread. Any questions don't hesitate to pm me or ask here.

gorgias1976 would be happy to help you too in your on language if you have any problems.

Greetings,
    Bryan Ferguson

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I am a football fun but...+1
    I think gorgias is right.

20. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

Well, Portugal is next to Spain but not that close as to speak the same language. :p lol