ISI's position on customer feedback?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, May 22, 2012.

1. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

The F3.5 is far and away my favourite of all the cars. While I could wish that the tyres heated and behaved properly, as long as it's the same for everyone then there are no real issues. The rear end just requires a bit more skill, which I would have thought anyone reading this forum would relish as a challenge.

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Then the quality of the sim must suffer, ie, should one rate it in comparison to other sims, the best overall mix of physics/FFB should produce a winner.

IMO it must perform well with my G27, certainly for my personal gratification, however, if many claim that a CSRe+CSP's transforms the driving experience, then I could take it on faith that the whole package is of a high standard, but obviously my personal views will reflect the equipemnt I have, and I was under the impression a G27 was acceptable, it's quite acceptable in GTR evo, GSC, FVA, Netkar etc.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Do you have netkar pro?....that's a beautiful game because even though a newbie would rage quite within a few minutes, an experienced sim racer would love it simply because despite how tricky some of the cars are, the FFB and the ability to control the cars is just plain incredible, of course, that doesn't mean that I know or believe how each car behaves is totally realistic, but the point is, I'm given feedback and I'm able to control the cars.

4. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Have to agree with you on that. Sim racing is a curious business in the respect that in the real world, no matter how great we all think we are at driving, most of us would constantly spin or have moments in a FR 3.5 without extensive driver training/coaching and so for me at least, if I can drive all the cars quickly and without a single fault, I regard the simulator as unrealistic.

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

True, but if you're an experienced sim racer, at some point you should get the hang of it, for example, I remember doing a 30 lap stint with Game Stock Car, but my best time was achieved on lap 7, whereas in rf2, it's almost always going to be after doing tons of laps as I have to learn what the game has instore, rather than use my sim racing experience and the games FFB to guide me.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't really agree with that point... Schumacher is an experienced driver, should he be doing so much worse than Rosberg?

Being an experienced racer, sim or real, doesn't mean you will click with every car you drive. And the winning 3.5 in a race will not handle like the one that loses, I've seen real drivers complaining about its handling. The opinion that it's the perfect racecar? Not sure how people can bypass all those driver remarks...?

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Or maybe that's what you said too... ;)

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'd like to know this as well.

9. Fergy

Fergy Registered

A good analogy of Roll adjustment is like a Pole Vaulter. The pole vaulter being the cars body, the pole it's self being the suspension and where the pole hits the ground at jumping point is the tyres contact patch. I assume because I have not read it anywhere in rf2 that the higher the number the more force your applying to the contact patch on the road or a firmer Roll Adjustment. Maybe Tim could verify this?

10. coops

coops Banned

rename thread to fr 3.5

11. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

F3.5Hater=Alesi who wanted to relive an argument he just had in another thread.

12. Alesi

Alesi Registered

totally wrong. i dont hate 3.5 but what i said that the car has a strange (not real) behavior, thats it (maybe cause its not a final physics)

13. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

That should read, one should rate it in comparison with other betas. Comparing it with other sims is an apples/oranges scenario.I really can't understand why people can't wait for it to be finished before they start whining......constructive criticism is one thing but constantly going on and on after the question has been answered is the main reason I rarely come here any more. I'll just wait for the finished product and make my judgements then.

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

There's defo something wrong with this car, it wont do stairs. ;)
    View attachment 2454

Seriously though i think this cars much fun.

15. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Well, I'm a little confused as some are saying that the tyre model isn't finished and this explains what I've been referring to, however, some people{including you to some degree} are suggesting the problem lies with me, so I guess all I really want is an acknowledgement from an ISI official what the deal is.

I like racing open wheelers, and would like nothing more than to do all my MP racing with rf2, but atm, the cars aren't compelling me to race, plus even the GT cars and perhaps all the cars have the same rear grip problems which suggests tyre issues, but given the F3.5's form factor, I would've thought it would have more grip.

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Everyone's going to compare it to existing sims, that's to be expected, the real question relates to the status of the physics, and if Tim/ISI inform me that they "basically" agree with what I've been saying, then I can wait patiently for the upgraded code.

17. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Bingo.

In the mid 1500s Nicolaus Copernicus first toyed with the idea and later wrote in depth that the Earth was NOT the centre of the universe - a view which was completely opposed to supposed 'known fact' and accepted worldwide. As it turned out, the whole world was wrong and it was Copernicus who was right.

18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Lies! :p

19. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I definitely like apples better than oranges.

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Schumi isn't spinning all the time.