ISI's position on customer feedback?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, May 22, 2012.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I notice many people complaining about the physics of rf2{the F3.5 in particular} and also notice that MP is a tomb, so how do you guys react to that?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

By continuing development.

3. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

But what is your position regarding the F3.5 for example, will that receive some attention on physics or do you consider it spot on?

4. 88mphTim

The physics as they are in this openly unfinished software, are still being worked on and developed in all areas.

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

My biggest problem with rf2 and the F3.5 in particular is that there's a lack of rear grip at times when I expect the grip to increase, but there also seems to be low speed rear grip problems which seem to result in one spin after another.

6. 88mphTim

And that's fine David, express that opinion. But you probably didn't need to register an account under that name, immediately make yourself look like a problem user, etc. ISI are THE most appreciative company you can imagine when it comes to customer feedback, there's really no need to alienate yourself right off the bat.

7. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I was thinking of creating a 60sLover account in response but people might think I am even older than I am :)

8. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

not trying to kiss b*tt but that post is SPOT on..

9. Bart S

Bart S Member

I think that 80% of beta testers will agree that you will not find better physics anywhere else.
    Yes i find the 3.5 difficult to drive but if the physics are built from data then thats just the way the car drives, sure theres a lack of feedback from the car its possibly more an issue with ffb than physics.
    I have recently improved the resolution of my pedals and car control is alot finer now, maybe this will help you too.
    If you hate it why drive it?

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  10. TJones

TJones Registered

I understand your problems, you can´t put very much pressure on the rear tire at the exit of a corner. For me it doesn´t feel compleatly unrealistic, but it feels not very "grippy", like to cold tire-temp´s. On the other side, the resulting laptimes are definately not to slow compared to the real one.
    For me, one problem is the enginesound, which is to soft, to flat, simply doesn´t sound like 500bhp engine, and as a result people are very disposed to overdrive the car.

I did some testing at estoril today and with some setup changes I managed to improve handling a bit.
    Here some tips:
    - Decrease tire pressure, about 114 kPa if I remember right
    - Try softer springs (compared to default set)
    - also softer damping, especially "fast" on the rear to keep rear-end in place over bumps and curbs.
    - softer rear ARB
    - more rear- /less frontwing for last curve balance.
    - high Differential power (about 80)
    - try to increase differential pre-load

Some additional driving-tips: a clean driving-style is very advantageous (try to find the Jenson Button in you) :), very smooth on the throttle, increase throttle in a progressive manner at the exit of a corner.

Hope my english was somehow understandably, have fun. :)

11. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

My account name says it all . Be afraid , be VERY AFRAID MAHAHAHHA !!!!

OH damn have to run the guys in white coats with the funny little pills have just turned up

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

(creepy here, ill try to stay low)

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Don't know why people keep overlooking that the FFB is a result of what the car's doing aka the physics, as such, if the physics aren't allowing for feel/grip, then the FFB will reflect that.
    As for high res pedals, perhaps you're right, but that would make my G27 useless with rf2 if correct......would be interesting to know what ISI built this game around wrt wheels/pedals, as I also notice the default throttle sensitivity is thru the roof, which kind of hints at high res pedals as the default option:confused:

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yup, and given the F3.5 form factor, I find it downright bizarre that it's such a challenge thru Malaysia 2nd sector, as one would assume it would show it's merit thru there, and by comparison, RACE07's F3000 is a real champ at either spa or suzuka especially thru spoon curve.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

dont think ffb can reflect that.
    Ffb as I understand it rellies in the abbility of the controller i.e mechanism of it, interpreting the physics of the sim. As long as u dont have the perfect controller u cannot really judge how good physics are. So really, the best controller, the best physics (u can sense) imo.

16. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

christ, let it rest.. I guess we all realise that the tire model needs to be finished before we can judge the physics of cars, especially the F3.5. The tires are a huge factor for these kind of lightweight, powerful machines and when the tyres are always cold as a result of an unfinished tire-model we can't make judgements.. So please, F3.5Hater, you've made your point.

Come again when the tiremodel is finalised..

17. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Yes, this thread doesn't really have anything to do with customer feedback anymore.

As ISI have said in the past: they DO read almost everything that gets posted here (and clearly, this is evident from Tim's own responses). Tim has answered your question. I suggest if you have specific feedback on the FR3.5, then add to the thread(s) that have already been started.

Though, I will advise that just repeating the same thing over and over does not make an argument any more compelling. People love to say "well, if <insert really large number> people agree, there must be SOME truth to it." Well, no, not really. A very large number of people are Christian, a very large number of people are Muslim, and a large (and increasing) number of people are Atheist--they can't ALL be right, now can they?

18. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I'd be interested to know F3.5Hater (rather childish) lap times around any of the given tracks. Maybe it's purely a skill level issue.

19. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I didn't know that....

20. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Ah, but there's a catch: You can have absolutely perfect physics and still have totally crappy FFB.

You simply can't judge physics by the way the FFB feels, unless you're 100% the FFB system is near perfect (which you never can be). While rF1 was far from perfect, it was pretty much the best there was when it was released, and the original FFB was pretty horrid despite that.