More Classic F1 Content?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by griever, Apr 13, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

1988 it was. But I added a 1984 now also. That's it from the 80's so far for F1, although the 1988 license does include options for other cars from same manufacturer.

None of them are full carsets, they are individual examples of that era, and I went for them either because of an emotional link people will have (and therefore consider them important to the sport), or due to them being a good technical example of that stage in racing evolution. (And because leagues often all want the same car for everyone, anyway).

The only annoying thing with some of those types of licenses is that they may not come to the top of the dev list for a bit, as there are some modern cars which (I agree) are more important to us.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Tim,Im really glad of your emotional link,it seems that gave us the most fantastic SPA ever and hope that link doesnt break, so you get us more goodies of the old times (spotscar,sportscar,sportscar).
    All the best, nikos

3. griever

griever Registered

This thread kind of got derailed about 80's turbo F1 cars, which is fine, but... Tim can you comment on the 60's content? Anything else planned? More historic tracks or anything?

4. PJ Dunham

PJ Dunham Registered

Im Praying for GPL style seasons 67-69 then for late 70s maybe ground effects and then maybe 1988 turbos

either way i really hope some modders from GPL era get onboard especially for tracks as rF2 can seriously bring this era to life......
    i had the biggest lose at spa and when my wrecked car came to rest i was stareing at some horses moving and sounds i was blown away by a small thing i never noticed before, either way cant wait for the ring

5. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

Is the 84 one the Brabham BT53 seen as we had the Brabham BT52 for rF 1 by Santa_rF which was Lo^ if i remember correctly?

6. apex

apex Registered

This is some of the best news I've read so far.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Nope.

We might post a list or something at some point. Probably too early to do so now as some of the cars are a long way off as I said above.

8. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I would hazard a guess they're both Lotii :eek:

But whatever it doesn't matter what they are, just the fact they're licensed cars (so I would assume ISI have access to legitimate information like engine specs, suspension points etc) makes it an exciting prospect! Looking forward to it!

9. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Windle View Post

Hi Tim, long time no "see".
    very good news the 80s will come to rf2
    I was wondering if bad manual gear shifts will cause damage, so you could burn out your clutch or lose a gear.

Also curious if any new features for turbo's would be added. Realistic garage settings, turbo lag, sound effects, etc.
    I like to make a F1 turbo mod one day, therefore I need to know these important items a 80s turbo mod require to create a historic season.

regards Aubrey ( Duke Essington )

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I'll be happy when we have a complete recreation of 1967/GPL. rF2 is so ridiculously more relaistic than GPL it will be what GPL could have been.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1!
    Even the places are different. I thought I knew SPA well from GPL but had to learn it all over again.
    Very impressive work!
    I just wish ISI themselves bring us more classic tracks,I dont think anyone would mind an extra charge.

just my thoughts tho, nikos

Tim, would you at ISI consider it?

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

+1 :)

13. buzard

buzard Registered

1959nikos wrote;

"Whats 98T fonnismo?

I drive (small) turbos for the last 15 years and i love them.Tried to drive 2 of my fav racers in rf1,934 RSR and 935.Just couldnt.Fantastic mod,super cockpits, just couldnt drive them,impossible.Hope rf2 is better on this."

It's not rf1, it's the mod that is undriveable. The same mod would be undriveable in rf2! A bad mod will always be a bad mod.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So im not the only one buzard :)

thnx, nikos

15. Cancrizans

Cancrizans Registered

More than anything I think this game needs to release with a version of the old Nurburgring. Any racing sim worth its salt these days just has to have this track out of the gate!

And given the quality of Monaco and Spa, I am dying to see what ISI does with the 'Ring!

16. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Classic F1 was the main reason I purchased this game and I really hope it will come more :D