Thing your most looking forward to in future updates??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Mar 30, 2012.

1. BasJon

BasJon Registered

For me there are 2 things I am really hoping for, 1 is I really hope they change the current scheme and let the server host chose a mod and can run on any of the official released tracks with out the need of virtual mods, and 2nd that the game becomes more stable, after all it is a DX9 game, without sounding cocky my machine should blow this game at full settings.

2. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

My sentiments exactly. Better AI and something like a Championship Manager. There's no real offline simulator, only something like GRID and this is fast food compared with rfactor.

And I pretty much exlusively use 70s and 80s F1 mods.

Oh and I wouldn't mind a better more useful interface. But that's not that important.

All in all I think rfactor2 is really something and I like it very much.

3. SlowFlash

SlowFlash Registered

I also joined to check out AI racing with different cars. I've done the Nascar 2003 different online cars, a full year of iRacing and for me I still like the AI racing. And running in Championship mode is a must, but sure that option will be available in time.

My 2 cents and why I'm here checking rFactor2 out.

g

4. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Racing for me is about competition, strategy, fuel tactics, tire management, statistics, etc.
    What I miss in rF2 is:
    - Championship mode
    - Create your own championships
    - Multiple races in a race-weekend
    - Championship standings per driver and team
    - Multiple race-classes in one race (like Le Mans)
    - Championship standings per race-class
    - Possibility to have compulsory pitstops, with pitstop-windows

Just some extra ideas:
    - Possibility to create extra AI-drivers within the game, to generate a driver with a name and it's racing-characteristics (6 AI's per class is not enough for me)
    - Balanced AI performance per track, or otherwise an adjustable AI-slider per championship-track. At Belgium I race at 95% AI-strength, at Monaco even 70% is to fast for me (is this a bug?)
    - Maybe adjustable AI balance between qualify- and race-speed, to adjust them to my own speed, so let's say race-strength is 95% of qualify-speed.
    - Adjustable balance for AI speed-difference between fastest and slowest car (spread). In some classes the difference between the fastest and slowest car is 1.5 second, in others it's 5 seconds.

Edit: this sounds more like a wishlist than a looking-forward-list, altought I hope it isn't a wishtlist anymore in the near future :p

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Lola,Lola,Lola!!!
    New 60s track (Monaco is very difficult to drive,very beautiful for shoping not racing.extremely well done though).
    Stop flickering,it spoils such a good environment,
    and if ISI succeed in better again road feel (grip going slow is still less than going fast,hence problem in Monaco),I ll stay here forever :)
    Yes,proper clutch too!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  6. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I have a problem with memory in 32bit max version. So...

Plugins for 64bit version of 3ds max.
    It will be necessary for one of my track in the future which will be very, very big with huge amount of textures.

7. GothaR

GothaR Registered

Finishing the tire model, full rain effects, better car lights effect at night :) And of course I would appreciate "normal" mod support: cars into one directory, tracks into another.

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I forgot one thing...

Unlocked mapping channel in RealRoad and Blended grass infield shaders. (especially spec map and detail map, both are sharing the same channel which limits the creativity in texturing)

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  9. Bart S

Bart S Member

Its great to have people like feels3 as he is a pro track modeler and can tell ISI exactly what he needs before rFactor 2 goes gold. Which in return we all get a better product in the end. Lovin your work feels3 keep that standard high. You should actually put some billboards up in your tracks that advertise your website if you have one. Don't know if thats legal tho.

10. Bart S

Bart S Member

Oh is there a chance we can have any dirt build up on the cars much like the track rubbering in, I know this is probably going to be heavy on resources especially with reflections on and a full grid of cars.