Core i3/ i5 first gen CPU performance: What to expect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tsunamibr, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Rfactor doesn't really push the cpu but you will notice smoother game play and the ffb seemed alot more in sync than my old amd for me, your only need a decent gpu and your be away. even at stock rfactor 2 was great! also its not finished so it will only get better

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Dude get an i5 2500k, overclock it to 4.5 ghz, they pretty much all go that high, definteley 4.2-4.3, and ur set for atleast 2 years man prob can get like 5 years out of it if your not the type that always wants the up to date stuff. Trust me a 2500k at 4.5ish is one of the most powerfull cpus in the world.

Those new 3960x cpus that just came out are a lil faster, but they're $1000 vs what $225ish for the 2500k. And its honestly not much faster for actual gaming. Its things like encoding huge videos, crazy photoshop stuff and animation programs etc. where itll stretch its legs over a 2500k/2600k and things that fully utilize 6 cores and hyperthrreading etc. since the 2500k is "only" a 4 core without hyperthreading.

By the way, your not missing anything without hyper threading. If you do your research you will see that in forums over and over again people from all types of games including the mainstream ones are always saying, they either got extra frames, got rid of stutters, or both when they DISABLED hyper threading. Its even been proved in some actual well known pc review websites. Again, for stuff like encoding, photoshop and animation programs, etc the hyperthreading does make a difference, but not in games.

3. steve30x

steve30x Registered

I have a Core I5 760 overclocked to 3.6ghz with 8GB ddr3 1600MHZ ram and GTX580. I havent played any recent games that run under 60FPS.

4. Grotesk

Grotesk Registered

Ive got a i5-750....i dont think the cpu is limiting anything....Ive got also the HD5850 and thats the problem, but thats ISIs problem with ATI cards

5. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

As we have the same GPU and CPU what happens if you alt-tab to desktop and back to the game.

With the latest drivers and current build I get my FPS cut by half.

6. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

hi, i hope someone can tell me if my specs are low or middling or otherwise.

i have an i3 540 @ 3.07GHz, 3gb RAM

NVidia GeForce 430 gfx clock 700MHz 1Gb card.

i am running windoze 7 64bit ver.

i can get 30-40fps on most of the beta mods, but altering the graphics levels in game seem to only affect the fps by 10-20.

so everything on low for the 60s mod at monaco i get down the pit straight with 40fps. then i crank it all up to full/on and it clocks in at 30fps.

is this usual? my pc has been running full gfx for rF1 and i get 60+fps all the time no problems.

card also is direct x11 ready and 3d, apparently.

is that just advertising or should it be performing better?

sorry for the laymans terms, im not a proper techie!!