Game is getting worse by the update plus extra........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Mar 19, 2012.

1. RRA-MArk

RRA-MArk Registered

Personally, when I read the topic, "Game is getting worse by the update..." I took that as generally negative and not true for the vast majority. "Game, ON MY SYSTEM is getting worse by the update" would have been a much more accurate topic.

2. taufikp

taufikp Registered

+1 that

3. RustyM

RustyM Registered

i struggled before build 69, then simultaneously i acquired a hdR6770 xfx card AND build 69 arrived! that on a lesser pc than the poster has, and I'm on full graphics and resolution with 90+ fps! thanks ISI! i did use the autoupdater and all went very smoothly.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Mark, yes, that's true. That would have been better I admit.
    On the other hand; you got to admit that the guy I was telling this to, was not really constructive. Problem is that it takes the mood a whole other way then.
    But you are right.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have a Nvidia GTX2xx too and i know that kind of problem.
    Event ID 4101 — Display Driver Timeout Detection and Recovery
    It seems like it has something to do with the adaptive power management of the Nvidia graphics card driver. The screen turns black during the recovery and a few seconds later it is back with lower gpu clock settings (low power 3d). You can check this with monitoring software like MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision. There should also be an entry in the Windows eventlog (eventid 4101).

A possible solution is to disable the adaptive power management mode and set it to max performance inside the Nvidia control panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERAgoln1dLQ

Edit: There is no need to do the RivaTuner stuff in the second part of the Video. Just change the power management mode for the game.

I like to have lower gpu clocks while working on the desktop (lower power consumption) so i changed the setting only for the rFactor2 profile under the "Program settings" tab. If you have the 296.10 driver the profile should already be there. If it's not, you can create a profile for the Rfactor2.exe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012