Online is a Ghost Town.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitt Wilson, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1

2. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

As long as it doesn't involve intercourse, lmao.

3. robert

robert Registered

@marcG

what do you mean it is doomed??

it is a fun and good looking game, the people who are playing have already payed for it.
    I am sure that when the game gets known to the public more people wil buy it.

4. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I run on the 60'sF2 server. I bought this beta of rF2 because of the 60's cars. (cut my teeth on on-line racing with GPL) I love those old F2 cars! Anyways, I usually enter the empty server... start putting around Spa or Monaco and without fail, within a few minutes, I see the word "hi" or something similar and within a few more minutes there are 5 or 6 drivers looking for a race.

I think that, right now, there is a mixed party here... Guys like me don't know how to make or develop anything for this or any other sim/game, that are just getting a "jump" on waiting for the final version to rear it's head. The others are using the online servers to test their efforts.

If you wanna race... go into any server... and others will see that there is someone racing and will want to join up... If you're looking at all the empty servers wondering why they are empty, just remember, others are doing the same.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I don't think encouraging Mitt to leave is a good thing. He is just a bit misinformed is all.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I was being sarcastic, hence the picture (only English or fans of Dads Army will get it!)

7. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

Bryan is right on here. Moreover, this is also the way it was during the rF1 beta test period too, albeit with MORE initial included content this time (have people forgotten?).

Having got a taste and feel for things now (mostly the 60's content in my case), I'm now in a period of limited driving while I upgrade my cockpit (two of three pedals, refit of my H-shifter and general improvements to layout, all three). I finished off what was probably my very last rF1 series earlier this week, and ran my last long rF1 special event earlier this month.

During that crossover period, I couldn't help but compare the two platforms, and it wasn't for nothing that what had been thrilling before in rF1 felt considerably less so once I'd seen and experienced the rF2 platform and content. Not a case of "all-or-nothing" necessarily, but I can't help but think driving a Porsche 935 (DRM) around Old Spa is going to be frightening and thrilling in a way it just can't be now in the old version.

So I'm taking a bit of a deep breath and even a small step back at the moment from rF2, as well as a very large (if not permanent) step back from rF1. But I'm still lurking, just as Bryan alludes to here, and will be back at it seriously with rF2 again very soon...and probably "full time" then too in a way I wasn't before.

====

Bryans suggestion for finding races echoes my own experience too, btw: Just get on and drive and people will show up to join you. And many of them will be those who have now built up enough experience with rF2 that they won't be causing the carnage themselves that was part and parcel of that first week or two.

Of course to keep the standards up, it's necessary to keep in practice too. As Mario Andretti said: "If you intend to do this--drive racing cars--for a living...plan to take very short vacations."

The more accurate the sims become, the more truth that statement ^ takes on too.

CS

8. coops

coops Banned

that's right iracing does do this..at a cost to every1 for having a mulit millionaire controlling what you get and when you get it that's a FACT ... rf2 is community based which means no millionaires telling us what we get and how much $$ it costs... and a lot of ppl complain about iracing pick up rooms...

join a league then u will be right or just use what you can find open
    ps i suppose rfactor could just put up a few open rooms for any1 to play on but remember this costs $$$

9. ROON

ROON Registered

Followed by...

Hmmmmmm... :rolleyes:

10. ROON

ROON Registered

Personally I think it's nice when leagues have their servers open to the public most days, and only lock it for their private use when they're running events. In the same fashion that some of the Aussie leagues do (or did). The ORA server is great fun, I'm not a member of their league but I've had a few great pick-up races with them in their open rF2 server.

11. coops

coops Banned

im in a league... but tyvm for the server info will check it out... lets hope its better than 1/2 the others.;)

12. ROON

ROON Registered

I haven't fired up rF2 in quite a while now, so maybe ORA is not as populated as it was a few weeks back. But it was always my go-to server for online racing, good clean racing and nice blokes there too. :D

13. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

14. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

How many more threads / posts are you going to make about getting an upgrade or more content Mitt?????
    This is getting beyond a joke! Nothing you post will speed things up FFS. So stop spamming.
    And what is that juncker in your avatar?????

15. Slothman

Slothman Registered

16. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Yeah Doc don't Forget to Download your Update!

Thanks ISI for coming thru like Champs!

17. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Good. Be gone. We could do with a lot less whining.

Alan

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Closed by request of OP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.