6 months wait for update - refund

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbblack, Feb 13, 2012.

1. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

Trolls are never happy...would you be happy if you had to live under a bridge and your sole task was to fix it??...for all eternity...hmmm...no sir...I don't think I would be happy...but that is just me.... ;)

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

+1

3. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

yes im happy now just a few more weeks right ? :confused:

4. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I worship the ground rFactor2 was built on. We live in an age of poorly concieved, marketing driven, forgotten about in a week type games and rFactor2 still stands as one of the games that traces its roots back to the golden age of gaming and it is already a very special experience that makes me feel blessed to be a sim racer. Long live rFactor and i'll do whatever I can to keep it that way.:)

5. navorsky

navorsky Registered

For every troll that does rage quit, a flower is born. Keep it up.

6. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

A few more weeks?
    I have my update already and all I can say is WOW!!

7. g7usl

g7usl Registered

From where?

8. navorsky

navorsky Registered

Is that true? Are updates available for a closed group?

9. Novis

Novis Registered

Of course they are.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, didn't you sign up for that? The "special group"?
    We got the update and as MystaMagoo says; it's absolutely AWESOME!!
    Bunch of cars, tracks, even better physics and the fps......from 60 to 80/90 !!
    Looks nicer too, runs smoother.
    It's almost a whole different game!

I believe that we get some more cars too as soon as in a week but you have to ask MystaMagoo to be sure.
    Also; you should have signed up! Don't know if they still take people in now......

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We do internal testing before we let it out, yep. It's a good job we do as the issues found when it did go public were FAR less than they would have been. Software is complex.

However, I haven't seen anyone who is in that closed group posting to say they are, although there are a couple (Max and Hoover) that we allow to post tidbits of info to assist the community (as their knowledge of the product is good).

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah Tim! Party pooper! ;)

We were just screwing with them a bit; serves them right for asking the same thing over and over again...and again...and again....
    AND starting topics about the same thing over and over again....and again....and again....
    AND wining about the same thing wherever they can, over and over again.....and again....and again.....

Well, you got the picture, right? :)

13. LeZaz

LeZaz Registered

Ahhhhhh, I was telling myself, April's fool in not around the corner, yet, :p;)

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I actually fell for that then for a second...LOL. Got proper hyped reading some of that. The special Group kind of gave it away

15. navorsky

navorsky Registered

Sorry if i look like an idiot for you. But , as it happens, i´m not. Since i´ve registered for this forum, i´m trying to keep as informed as i can. I dont recall asking for the same things over and over again, neither starting topics about the same thing nor wining about ANYTHING. What i DO remember is being polite, useful and trying to merge into the community. Try to be a decent person next time and treat me with respect like its advised here -> http://www.isiforums.net/

And THANK YOU TIM , for your answer.

16. Novis

Novis Registered

For what it's worth I was not joking around. Maybe the answer was a bit short and I could have given a more elaborate post (generally speaking about software development), but I was waiting for someone to bite the bait a little bit more first. That didn't happen and Tim was already on his feets. Sorry.

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@Navorsky,

Well, you're the man to judge if I was talking about you.......if the shoe fits.......

But your post doesn't disturb me as much, more that the whole thread is disturbing. I mean; what is it, the sixth thread in two weeks or something from guys (mostly two guys) asking the some thing over and over?

And then, in the beginning of this thread, I asked people not to feed the troll because than we have 1001 topics like this in a week......what happens? In a few days 55 reply's........
    That's just wrong. Enjoy the game, talk about it, solve problems and give feedback but do not mess up the forum, right?

I am not going to read everything you wrote, I just believe you and so; if you are that serious; you can't be that happy about posts like this and must agree with me that we must stop feeding the dumbass troll.

18. navorsky

navorsky Registered

Just two posts before i ask about the closed group, i was pointing my opinion about this kind post. Maybe i wasn´t very clear enough on that post. But what i meant, is that i didn´t care about him getting a refund ( rage quit ) just because of the lack of updates. And i encourage him to go for the refund. So, i´m not complacent with this kind of behavior. And for the record, the shoes doesn´t fit. As for the answers that followed my question, they seemed to be directed to me. So, ok if you say it weren´t . Let´s close the subject.

19. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

i said if i had to wait 6 months - sounds like i dont have to so im perfectly happy

20. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Don't tell you didn't read it earlier.. The thing about the montly (or so) update...

It makes this thread completely useless... as the other topics created by you.. you start to get on peoples nerves you know?